slooooowly does it :P

Geo Da Sponge:

Megacherv:

Kragg:
Where was it hidden? i had no idea :o

duchaked:
wait what? where was this hidden? haha

Part-way through an episode of Game Dogs

That would probably explain why no one found it.

Oooooh...burn...

hamster mk 4:

A better April fools might have been a positive review of an obviously bad game, like a movie tie in. However doubt Yahtzee was willing to go that low for a bad joke.

He has somewhat, though it's not possible to classify DNF as a "bad game" since it never existed.

yahtzee sounds creepier here

LOL! Excellent review as always, Yahtzee. That game really deserved it, I hated it too!

... what? I thought that's what you had to do to make it into the first few pages of a ZP thread.

hamster mk 4:
I think the main joke is that Yahtzee was talking slowly and completly deadpan.

A better April fools might have been a positive review of an obviously bad game, like a movie tie in. However doubt Yahtzee was willing to go that low for a bad joke.

Do not forget the "Duke Nukem Forever" review which apparently was one of his more popular performances. :)

Hazy:

thecaptainof:
Oh bloody hell... what are they teaching you kids in school these days? Certainly not Keats, by the sound of things. How is that an erotic novel?

Gahhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, sorry, that would be me thinking of another thing.

That thing being School Days.
That thing I'm writing a review of in my spare time (I.e. right now.)

...Yeah. My bad.

I was actually responding to the first reply, apparently I hit 'reply' instead of 'quote'... long day.

thecaptainof:

Hazy:

thecaptainof:
Oh bloody hell... what are they teaching you kids in school these days? Certainly not Keats, by the sound of things. How is that an erotic novel?

Gahhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, sorry, that would be me thinking of another thing.

That thing being School Days.
That thing I'm writing a review of in my spare time (I.e. right now.)

...Yeah. My bad.

I was actually responding to the first reply, apparently I hit 'reply' instead of 'quote'... long day.

Nah, it's all good. :P

As evidenced by my slip up, I'm in the same boat as you.

Geo Da Sponge:

Megacherv:

Kragg:

duchaked:

So much win!

Erm, that was... interesting... his voice was also rather unsettling.

I saw it. It was pretty funny to me seeing a video of him act so calm while reading.

It suddenly came up in the latest episode of Game Dogs and may have been elsewhere. This is just it on its own, but it has been randomly inserted in other places on the site, hence the April Fools.

And I may not be the first to point that out, but many posts are many and I wanted to be sure at least one post brought to light what the crap this was about.

At first I thought that it was him reading an extract from his book Mogworld

... what?

W... T... F... ? O.o

Definitely one of the better Aprils fools.

Ah, the April Fools Day joke is that the thread for it is full of confused fans rather than "Great review!"'s.

(Yes, I already know it's that he's reading slowly as opposed to his normal fast, curse filled ranting)

Hehe. Remember seeing it. Odd seeing him so calm lol

Yahtzee talking slowly?

o.0

eerie...

Yahtzee's inner emo comes to the surface.

i have to disagree with you yahtzee there, i think there was plenty of depth in that there game, you just didn't bother looking for it like you usually don't

What does it mean? Seriously...

Wow -- if Yahtzee's intention was to make April Fools of most of the posters on this thread, he certainly succeeded. How about Google Is Your Friend, and that was an excerpt from 'Ode on Melancholy' by Keats? You know, that dead English poet? They made a crappy movie about his love life recently?

I like to imagine Yahtzee used this opportunity to try and introduce you to something other than games. And the results are in: 80% of you are incapable of handling it. Great.

The poem suggests that when your weariness and sorrow is such that you would want to take your own life, instead feast your eyes and senses upon what is beautiful, and revel in its fading, and in the transience of all things. That in the midst of the bad, you hold to the good, and yet recognise that all of it will pass.

"if thy mistress some rich anger shows,
Emprison her soft hand, and let her rave,
And feed deep, deep upon her peerless eyes.

She dwells with Beauty -- Beauty that must die;
And Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips
Bidding adieu; and aching Pleasure nigh,
Turning to poison while the bee-mouth sips:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight,
Veiled Melancholy has her sovereign shrine".

The funny thing is that he actually uses punctuation! :P

Geo Da Sponge:

Megacherv:

Kragg:

duchaked:

ZING! Zoom zoom zoom!

Anyway, this didn't make me laugh. I'm guessing you had to be there.

I get it! The joke is it isn't funny to us!

Screw you Yahtze!

I... that was actually more creepy than anything else.

Wow yahtzee sounds good talking slowly.

Jekteir:
Wow -- if Yahtzee's intention was to make April Fools of most of the posters on this thread, he certainly succeeded. How about Google Is Your Friend, and that was an excerpt from 'Ode on Melancholy' by Keats? You know, that dead English poet? They made a crappy movie about his love life recently?

I like to imagine Yahtzee used this opportunity to try and introduce you to something other than games. And the results are in: 80% of you are incapable of handling it. Great.

So do you have a point to your post other than calling everyone here tossers? Because if you don't that's rather flamebait-ish and unhelpful.

Geo Da Sponge:

Megacherv:

Kragg:

duchaked:

Best.
Punchline.
Ever.

Buccura:
So wait, that was an April Fool's joke? Weird.

The joke was that that video suddenly popped up half way through the last episode of Game Dogs. I had seen it the other day but I didn't even realise it was for April Fools.

So the joke was he used alot of punctuation? I'm ok with this.

Yeah Keats' Ode on Melancholy, great poem but I guess the joke is reading poetry isnt exactly what Yahtzee does

Well, this came completely out of left field and will probably never be mentioned again. So congratulations, Yahtzee. You have achieved a...

BIG LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT!

Caiti Voltaire:

Jekteir:

So do you have a point to your post other than calling everyone here tossers? Because if you don't that's rather flamebait-ish and unhelpful.

Failing to quote the rest of my post, where I talk about what the poem's about, seems to me to qualify more as 'flame-bait'. My post was to educate you.

Also, please note that I didn't call anyone a tosser. So I guess you selectively quoted me and then also just made stuff up.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here