Zero Punctuation: April Fools

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

The joke is that it is NOT zero punctuation, he is using LOTS of punctuation

i am SO confused. though i was eating grapes when he said that bit about a grape bursting.

....Yahtzee... I think you need help. Professional help... I have a good psychiatrist I'd love to recommend to you... I used her when I was going insane too... she works wonders.

I'm confused. Which is normal for me, but more so than normal.

I bet this is some kind of elaborate joke Yahtzee made. It probably goes like this: He makes a one minute video of him doing something completely random. Once it's posted, people will post that they don't understand what the joke is. But that's the thing. He wants us to feel confused about what he was doing!

So the bottom line is that if we don't understand the joke, we understand it.

Either that or the joke is that he wants to look at us ramble on about what the fuck he was doing in the video.
Or maybe I'm over-analyzing it and completely missed the point.

Where was this hidden

thecaptainof:
Oh bloody hell... what are they teaching you kids in school these days? Certainly not Keats, by the sound of things. How is that an erotic novel?

Gahhhhhhhhh.

I didn't see it because I didn't get around to watching Game Dogs yet, still gotta catch up after my few weeks offline... but yeah, I like. Nice to see an intelligent April Fool's joke, there's not many of them around these days.

I am sorry good sir, while my mind may be somewhat under developed and in the gutter, the part that stood out most to me was the thing about a tongue popping a grape.

it would of made my day if you heard a breath taken during that video.

Geo Da Sponge:

Megacherv:

Kragg:
Where was it hidden? i had no idea :o

duchaked:
wait what? where was this hidden? haha

Part-way through an episode of Game Dogs

That would probably explain why no one found it.

CLEVER!

But that was... interesting, to say the least.

That was quite awesome.

Well of COURSE no one saw it if it was inside Game Dogs!

I kid. But really, I think that's the last place I would look.

I'm confused as to the point? Was it because he is talking slower? Listen to the Australian Gamer Podcast if you want to hear that more often.

(By the way the Australian Gamer Podcast is actually quite good)

i don't get it

Wasn't this same thing in the Game Dogs episode? Maybe it being in that episode was the joke and he just decided to put it in his section.

i think the joke was the fact that he was speaking slowly and using punctuation effectively, a stark contrast to his usual zero punctuation videos

Think his heart is at rest since it not sending out waves of hate any more to a mr. someone.

Is it wrong that I actually found this...rather nice? I really enjoy poetry, and (although I didn't realize it because he usually talks so quickly and breathlessly) Yahtzee actually has an excellent reading voice. Pick up the pace a little bit and add some of his normal inflection, and it would be quite good.

Yahtz, if you ever need additional income, I highly suggest doing voiceover work, or books on tape. You've got the perfect voice for it.

I'll admit to missing the joke... but I suspect thats the point.

I wonder if Yahtzee ever enjoyed The Emperors New Clothes as a youth ?

how stupid are you guys :P

lol

The joke is it is him actually punctuating!!! His thingy is called: ZERO punctuation.

This time he not only was punctuating but he was punctuating a lot and emphasizing the punctuations!

I think if Yahtzee watched that and it was done by someone else, his first thought would be "pffft tosser"

I think there is something in that for all of us this easter.

Razorback0z:
I think if Yahtzee watched that and it was done by someone else, his first thought would be "pffft tosser"

Lol...yes, I think so too. Perhaps if this was at least a farce of a review...

You know what, though, I think he's aware of that for some reason.

Isnt it obvious?

He punctuate his sentences!

Megacherv:

Kragg:
Where was it hidden? i had no idea :o

duchaked:
wait what? where was this hidden? haha

Part-way through an episode of Game Dogs

Game Dogs? ewwww....

The April Fool's joke is not in the video. The joke is that "this" video is played in the middle of a different show yesterday. Watch yesterday's episode of Game Dogs. This part in "that" video was the April Fool's joke.

It's a funny joke but only if you watch yesterday's episode of GD.

This was edited to remove a pointless post I made by accident.

I think the pressure of The Mana Bar has finally caused YZ to snap.

Ode on Melancholy - John Keats

No, no, go not to Lethe, neither twist
Wolf's-bane, tight-rooted, for its poisonous wine;
Nor suffer thy pale forehead to be kiss'd
By nightshade, ruby grape of Proserpine;
Make not your rosary of yew-berries,
Nor let the beetle, nor the death-moth be
Your mournful Psyche, nor the downy owl
A partner in your sorrow's mysteries;
For shade to shade will come too drowsily,
And drown the wakeful anguish of the soul.
But when the melancholy fit shall fall
Sudden from heaven like a weeping cloud,
That fosters the droop-headed flowers all,
And hides the green hill in an April shroud;
Then glut thy sorrow on a morning rose,
Or on the rainbow of the salt sand-wave,
Or on the wealth of globed peonies;
Or if thy mistress some rich anger shows,
Emprison her soft hand, and let her rave,
And feed deep, deep upon her peerless eyes.

She dwells with Beauty - Beauty that must die;
And Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips
Bidding adieu; and aching Pleasure nigh,
Turning to poison while the bee-mouth sips:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine,
Though seen of none save him whose strenuous tongue
Can burst Joy's grape against his palate fine;
His soul shall taste the sadness of her might,
And be among her cloudy trophies hung.

The joke is visual... Ode on Melancholy has a lot of punctuation.

Kross:
The joke was hidden in one of the other recent videos, check a few of them out to see which one. ;)

Hidden?
Erm... I'm pretty sure Russ posted a link on his Twitter feed.

Easter egg clue 3: If you want to know what Yahtzee sounds like reading poetry, watch this week's Game Dogs - http://bit.ly/auam8j

A funnier April Fools joke would have been how much he liked FFXIII because the story was so deep and meaningful and the characters and voice acting were all spot on, and how he missed the grand opening of his bar because he was on his third play through. Delivered in the right way I might have even believed it.

NOOOOO! It's too weird! He isn't allowed to talk slowly! It goes against every law there is. I don't like it, it makes my head hurt! But seriously that was very weird()_()

Fun Fact: I for one thought this was hella reminiscent of his Chzo Mythos games.

He should have picked a game everyone hates and given it praise. That would make more sense.

ChrisW212:
Aw man, now I really want a pipe and a classy chair.

At least I'm not the only one left thinking this.

And yes, the joke is that it's Yahtzee doing something decidedly un-Yahtzee like, which was talking in a slow, monotone voice, as has been said.

All the same, I rather enjoyed it, though from the visual of him sitting in his fancy chair with his pipe, I was almost expecting him to do the thing from Masterpiece Theatre.

I had thought "Zero Punctuation reviews Final Fantasy XIII" was the April Fools Day joke. This was just good cinema.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)