Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

sirdanrhodes:

Geo Da Sponge:

Megacherv:

Kragg:
Where was it hidden? i had no idea :o

wait what? where was this hidden? haha

Part-way through an episode of Game Dogs

That would probably explain why no one found it.

This is exactly what i thought! Why wasnt it put into something more popular that came out yesterday?

You know, like... ummmm... uhhhh... wow.
When put on the spot i really cant think of anything; You people figure it out./Sarcasm

g_X:

Jekteir:
Wow -- if Yahtzee's intention was to make April Fools of most of the posters on this thread, he certainly succeeded. How about Google Is Your Friend, and that was an excerpt from 'Ode on Melancholy' by Keats? You know, that dead English poet? They made a crappy movie about his love life recently?

I like to imagine Yahtzee used this opportunity to try and introduce you to something other than games. And the results are in: 80% of you are incapable of handling it. Great.

The poem suggests that when your weariness and sorrow is such that you would want to take your own life, instead feast your eyes and senses upon what is beautiful, and revel in its fading, and in the transience of all things. That in the midst of the bad, you hold to the good, and yet recognise that all of it will pass.

"if thy mistress some rich anger shows,
Emprison her soft hand, and let her rave,
And feed deep, deep upon her peerless eyes.

She dwells with Beauty -- Beauty that must die;
And Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips

Bidding adieu; and aching Pleasure nigh,
Turning to poison while the bee-mouth sips:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight,
Veiled Melancholy has her sovereign shrine".

dude I can't believe you bother to explain it. Ah well is good to know someone has a brain out there. Hey he might be trying to teach us something here: if you wanna play a good game, play a really fucked-up one first haha

FUCK forgot the quote the first time

on the contrary,
what a philisophical way to look at it. Profound really. I applaud your insight on the matter, though i wish the others would see his post this way, istead of viewing it as twaddle (no pun intended)

Never thought I'd hear him speak seriously and slowly ... Must watch the Halo Wars review ... this is too weird for him!

Never thought I'd hear him speak seriously and slowly ... Must watch the Halo Wars review ... this is too weird for him!

I am a nincompoop, please explain the joke to me.

hamster mk 4:
I think the main joke is that Yahtzee was talking slowly and completly deadpan.

A better April fools might have been a positive review of an obviously bad game, like a movie tie in. However doubt Yahtzee was willing to go that low for a bad joke.

If at the end he put April fools then he would have been covered ;)

ProfessorLayton:
I... that was actually more creepy than anything else.

i know right?

hamster mk 4:
A better April fools might have been a positive review of an obviously bad game

That's a great idea! He could've done one for Duke Nukem Forever!

Zahri:
SO it's him reading an erotic novel? o.o

Sweet, merciful fuck. Tell me you're not serious.

I actually enjoyed that...it was kind of soothing. Is that odd?

As tempting as it is to yell "Objection!" at my screen for just how first-impressioningly pointless this video was, I found 2 points of consolation.

1. It messed with the heads of those who can't write a constructive sentence of praise worth a damn (you know who you are).
2. The admittedly creepy slow pace in itself felt like a self-parody.

Megacherv:

Kragg:

duchaked:

Ohhh... well I don't watch that, saw the first episode and decided no, never again, that was rubbish. Has it gotton better?
But Yahtzee reading Ode to Melencholy made me crack up anyway... such a great break from tradition :).

I think I saw this on gamedogs and it actually improved the show.

Classic screamer. First you let the watcher be allc omfy and sleepy because of soemthing boring, and than loud music. Only this time it wasn't really that well done.

Was the joke that he talked really slow?

The anticipation of a snide one-liner, the grime deadpan creepily out of place voice, the point at the end where you're looking around for the joke you were expecting... and then all the people that didn't get it. Perfect! Though I think I mostly laughed because it was so out of place sounding.

Megacherv:

Kragg:

duchaked:

Might be the reason most of us missed it

EDIT: sorry just realised i'm not the 1st to have said this.

For some reason, Yahtzee's voice is really suitable for this kind of stuff. Normally, when someone narrates poetry, I fall asleep. But when I was listening to Yahtzee, I was picking up each word and taking great interest in what was said. Yahtzee should be an english teacher, too bad he hates kids.

Fantastic. Very Andy Kaufman. And when you speak slowly and enunciate, I am reminded of Clive Barker before his throat got all Tom-Waitsey. Pure audio sex.

okaaaayyyy...... that was.....kinda really creepy...but still kinda cool

"April fools joke"? More like an attempt to get people watching Game Dogs...

Aren't... aren't April Fool's Jokes supposed to be funny? Not uncomfortably forced self-parody? God it's like watching someone masturbate.

please add subtitles please not anyone can understand your hyper speed talk
subtitles isnt that too much to ask so i can understand you... your magesty

Jekteir:

Caiti Voltaire:

Jekteir:
Wow -- if Yahtzee's intention was to make April Fools of most of the posters on this thread, he certainly succeeded. How about Google Is Your Friend, and that was an excerpt from 'Ode on Melancholy' by Keats? You know, that dead English poet? They made a crappy movie about his love life recently?

I like to imagine Yahtzee used this opportunity to try and introduce you to something other than games. And the results are in: 80% of you are incapable of handling it. Great.

So do you have a point to your post other than calling everyone here tossers? Because if you don't that's rather flamebait-ish and unhelpful.

Failing to quote the rest of my post, where I talk about what the poem's about, seems to me to qualify more as 'flame-bait'. My post was to educate you.

Also, please note that I didn't call anyone a tosser. So I guess you selectively quoted me and then also just made stuff up.

ZING! Hahahahah Love these forums.

for those of you who dont get this it was in gamedogs episode 11

Geo Da Sponge:

Megacherv:

Kragg:

duchaked:

That would probably explain why no one found it.

Quite. I can't be the only one who wants that show destroyed, am I?

And I mean DESTROYED, as in 'taken down, all relevant data wiped and all physical materials relating to it burned'

Joshua Dowland:
Aren't... aren't April Fool's Jokes supposed to be funny? Not uncomfortably forced self-parody? God it's like watching someone masturbate.

You say that like it's a bad thing ;D

But seriously, I lol'd at the whole concept of the video, and also at how many people are like "DUDE WHO SPEAKS FAST AND ABOUT FUNNY THINGS IS SUDDENLY SPEAKING REALLY SLOWLY AND ABOUT NOT VERY FUNNY THINGS IN RELATION TO APRIL'S FOOLS DAY I DO NOT GET IT???"

:V

That was somewhat.. Hypnotizing..

I found it a little weird, especially during Game Dogs that it was the first time I saw it.

So...The Joke Is Yahtzee Using Tons Of Punctuation
And Uploading The Video At Midnight
Really...WTF Was Going On

Lol, I didnt get the joke till I saw the game dogs episode.
There's this dog that speaks in Ye Olde English and then starts speaking in a normal american accent stating that he is tired of always being in character. Then we cut to Yahtzee speaking slowly (trying to say he speaks slowly in reality, but his character speaks v fast).

Anyone who references John Keats is a-okay in my book.
Good show, Yahtzee. Good show.

I guess I'm stupid cause I didn't get it.

While I recognise the source, I didn't find it funny. If anything, I was horrified by his tone. There are some thing certain people just shouldn't do.

Lol consider your self trolled interweb's :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or