Zero Punctuation: April Fools

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Loved it. Came out of the blue, but still it was to be expected. Nice choise too.

???
I don't get this. The only thing that struck me was the fact he talked very slow.

that was odd... but strangely entertaining.

If the title of this video wasn't April Fools, then I would probably have watched this and expect there to be a game review before he starts reading. Lovely recitation though.

I'm fairly sure that most of the people on this thread who didn't understand the humour are American or continental European. I don't mean this in a derogatory manner, it's just that this kind of humour is exactly what I'd expect from Yahtzee; as in, it's extremely British.

Hehehe I saw this from it's main source. It was funny as hell and completely random... If anything it adds more to the April fools for how many people who posted.

"I don't get it!?! WHYYYY!"

Hilarious at it's source, and even more hilarious is the reaction of the stand-alone from people who missed it at it's source... This lil April fools joke played off much better than I think it was intended.

Roseveare:

GunStunt567:
(chuckles) "Ode To Melancholy"

By the way, it's 'Ode On Melancholy', maybe next time you can stop sucking up long enough to get your facts right.

Jeeze... He accidentally types To instead of On and he's automatically a suck up?

You can't be serious...

Hilarious.

That was awesome.

what is that thing hes holding its all box like. Is it a new version of a hand held device?

You know what guys... That was in a strange way totally awesome...

Megacherv:

Kragg:
Where was it hidden? i had no idea :o

duchaked:
wait what? where was this hidden? haha

Part-way through an episode of Game Dogs

I thought it was quite an improvement to the episode. :)

For all of you confused people out there, there joke is that he is talking very very slow, and almost without British accent... Was it that difficult to get, really?

Nice! It's a shame so few got the joke.

Even if you weren't familiar with the poem, the slow monotone read should have given you a clue what he was going for.

wat.

I always figured this was how he actually spoke outside of the videos.

funny.

I expected something more... off the wall for him.

Was it the thing with the transvestite at the end of the E3 episode of game dogs?

Pffft, even a Yahtzee April fools cameo couldn't make me watch another episode of Game Dogs ;)

OH SHIT

FUCKING PUNCTUATION

There is a fair bit of punctuation in this video.

Geo Da Sponge:

Megacherv:

Kragg:
Where was it hidden? i had no idea :o

duchaked:
wait what? where was this hidden? haha

Part-way through an episode of Game Dogs

That would probably explain why no one found it.

Amen. Sad I missed it though, but it's still not gonna get me to watch Game Dogs.

Oh, good one Ben old boy.

I found that really funny, actually. A great departure from sudden quips.

Next April Fools Day will be a reading of "A Valediction Forbidding Mourning" whilst Yahtzee heartily enjoys hours 6-11 of Final Fantasy XIII in the backdrop.

hamster mk 4:
I think the main joke is that Yahtzee was talking slowly and completly deadpan.

A better April fools might have been a positive review of an obviously bad game, like a movie tie in. However doubt Yahtzee was willing to go that low for a bad joke.

Duke Nuken. That is all.

snowfox:
Hehehe I saw this from it's main source. It was funny as hell and completely random... If anything it adds more to the April fools for how many people who posted.

Hilarious at it's source, and even more hilarious is the reaction of the stand-alone from people who missed it at it's source... This lil April fools joke played off much better than I think it was intended.

Roseveare:

GunStunt567:

By the way, it's 'Ode On Melancholy', maybe next time you can stop sucking up long enough to get your facts right.

Jeeze... He accidentally types To instead of On and he's automatically a suck up?

You can't be serious...

Well considering how many others wrote the title incorrectly I wouldn't be all that suprised if it was a copy pasta job. (yes pasta not paste.) and my main quibble (yes quibble)was not with his grammar but the tone of his response, and really all thats happening is I'm starting to sound incredibly petty and opaque so I'll stop before this goes any further.

Roseveare:

snowfox:

Roseveare:

GunStunt567:

You can't be serious...

Well considering how many others wrote the title incorrectly I wouldn't be all that suprised if it was a copy pasta job. (yes pasta not paste.) and my main quibble (yes quibble)was not with his grammar but the tone of his response, and really all thats happening is I'm starting to sound incredibly petty and opaque so I'll stop before this goes any further.

lmao it's all good man! Yeah I noticed that there were others as well that messed it up an inkling. (yes inkling)

Hubilub:
... Okey...

Ours was funnier!

This was just... weird.

what did u guys do??

Oh Yahtzee, you thespian. You should do the next ZP in iambic pentameter, that would be rather interesting.

Molten Water:

Hubilub:
... Okey...

Ours was funnier!

This was just... weird.

what did u guys do??

We did this

April Fools pranks are never funny to the person(s), eg: internet audience, being pranked. I'm sure Yahtzee is somewhere ROFL in hooker blood at all us dumbasses who watched his video and where like:

wooty:
How is this an April fools?

Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't get it

We didn't miss it, we just didn't care.

PFFT

I thought it was funny.

Wait, so apparently the joke has something to do with the Game Dogs episode? I watched that and don't get it. Can someone explain?

i really liked this!

why is everyone on this site so confused?

yahtzee, you should do weird stuff more often

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or