Unskippable: Battlefield: Bad Company

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

OMG! That was great. Great.

Was that boners Paul was going on about or did I mishear it?

Anyway, great episode guys.

Is the voice acting in the whole game that ear-piercingly awful? Because damn. I mean, I've seen elementary school plays that are more convincing.

Edit: Yes, Freebird. Boners.

Anti-aircraft credits are worth a good laugh. Pretty good job this time, guys.

And that was the 7th time I died...

Eh, you should have used:

"I dunno what I've been told,
I'm too fucking stupid to remember."

Is there some kind of federal law or something that demands that X number of games every year must begin with a first person ride in the back of a car that ends with you falling unconscious? I can't see any other reason for them.

BlueHighwind:
Is there some kind of federal law or something that demands that X number of games every year must begin with a first person ride in the back of a car that ends with you falling unconscious? I can't see any other reason for them.

Lazy, unimaginative writers. It's the same reason the killer always calls them, breathes heavily, and they freak out and run upstairs.

Freebird.:
Was that boners Paul was going on about or did I mishear it?

If you misheard it, then so did I. I'm sure I heard this:

Narrator: Honor. Faith. Land. Oil.
Paul: Boners.
Narrator: Wars are fought for any number of reasons.
Paul: Mostly for boners though.

And yeah, that WAS a lot of opening credits, wasn't it?
"They're just sticking to our windshield and dissolving for some reason"

And it would be an UGLY thought to be called "New Guy" till... till you die of old age or something. >_<

I loved the anti-aircraft credits and "I'm still upset" about blacking out at the end of a vehicle sequence xD

Hithlain:
imagine if we could develop a weapon to shoot Micheal Bay's credits at our enemies. Oh the possibilities.

Or a weapon to shoot Michael Bay at the enemies. Or a weapon to shoot Michael Bay.

"Well, it wasn't malaria."
"I'm still upset."

I think they find ways to knock the player out just to avoid needing to animate someone getting in or out of a vehicle from a first person perspectice. That aside, I liked this one.

Eh... it was ok. I actually enjoyed the game, mostly... in spite of the infuriating lack of mercy it showed quite often. Don't get me started on some of the vehicle sections... or the difficulty settings...

Maybe you should do one of the new Battlefield to bookend this?

That guy you see in the beginning when you said "he looks like bad company" reminds me of Nico from GTA 4 :P

Get your money's worth of umlauts at Um-Lots!

Its funny.

Like the farcry 2 jokes :P Even though that game is newer then Bad company :P

Ahh much better. I was slowly getting disappointed with this show because the past few clips you were talking too much over the actual cutscene. It was making me wonder if there was any point of having the cutscene at all..

However this one you were back on track with your old roots, and it worked out very well :D

*gasp* There's a sandbox?!?

I know a game involving a vehicle where your character is conscious for the entire thing: one of the Medal of Honor games. Either Allied Assault or its expansion, Spearhead, I forget which. They're about ten years old. One of the first missions involves jumping out of a plane, and you're awake for the entire cutscene. Which is good, because you don't want to be unconscious while you're parachuting into a warzone.

Al_:
Half Life's tram ride, you end concious. Half Life: Opposing Force's chopper ride, not to lucky.

That's because Half-Life actually did it right, it was interesting, it started the trend and still hasn't been topped.

Man the Ground to air credits!!!! GAC for short

i which the had said lulz for the reasons for war

Wait they're just sticking to the airshield and dissolving - haha fucking awesome!

Nicely done i especially like the anti aircraft credits
But and i hate to be that guy but you do realise that andersson will come before ardvarksson right?
Other than that unbelievable, huge, massive, unforgivable, apocalyptic mistake very good.

On no! Not the anti-aircraft credits!
Great episode guys.
BTW what tune was that you were doing at the beginning there Graham? That cloud thing made me think of Back to the Future Part II

TheNamlessGuy:
It's good that you stopped posting the threads before you post the videos.

Great episode anyhow.
[Thumbs up]

On that note, you guys might want to get into the habit of not posting the comment thread until a good 5-10 minutes after posting the videos. Yahtzee too for that matter.

Heh... the anti-aircraft credits reminded me of the final level of Flywrench.

Someone should rally TvTropes and find out how many games have vehicle sections ending in unconsciousness. I'm legitimately interested now.

ahahaha another awesome and fuunny episode

Extra hilarious this time, especially the first half or so, maybe because the comments were more numerous, before they petered down a bit.

Acidwell:
But and i hate to be that guy but you do realise that andersson will come before ardvarksson right?
Other than that unbelievable, huge, massive, unforgivable, apocalyptic mistake very good.

Um - Aardvarksson would have two As.

Loved the ep, guys. Was expecting Bad Company II for some reason, and was pleasantly surprised that it was the first one.

First of all I'm 99% sure that You can skip those cutscenes.
Second thing - this game was released way before FarCry2 (BFBD - June 2008, FC2 - October 2008).
I liked the AA titles joke though :D.

Is it just me or did some of the music sound like it's really close to that of Pirates of the Caribbean?

tanatoes:

Acidwell:

Um - Aardvarksson would have two As.

Loved the ep, guys. Was expecting Bad Company II for some reason, and was pleasantly surprised that it was the first one.

/facepalm
Well I guess I need a dictonary :P

Did Graham have a cold?

Stellar jests this week as always, chaps. Just keep a stiff upper lip to the criticism and continue the good work.

pigmy wurm:
while funny, and I liked the "curse of the FPS vehicle section" line I don't think this games cutscene was bad enough to really work. The opening credits went on a little long (but not long enough to actually be able to read them) but after that, unless their is a lot more cutscene that you didn't show it seemed informative and more importantly it ended quickly which is big for action games ("here is the main character, this is why he is here, here are the supporting characters, and now stuff happens")

You can tell that this cutscene does not suck (not really) by the fact that there's very little universally hilarious comments in the video. That's ok for me though, I'm entertained either way. And I don't even get the urge to start cursing my ancient pc that won't let me play this game.

The opening lines of the cutscene had me waiting for "...but war, war never changes."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here