Unskippable: Battlefield: Bad Company

Pages PREV 1 2 3

fight for oppressed boners everywhere!

This one is hilarious. Although you guys are like 2 years late :p

randommaster:
Maybe you'd stay concious if you convinced the enemy to continue using that "disolving credits" ammunition.

We think alike.

I actually liked the production values in the intro. Too bad the writers or at least whomever came up with the characters was just churning out generic stereotypes to feed their obvious crack addiction.

CJ did survive vehicle intro(cops had him in car). this might be the best after theat fantasy game where you get to know that hot mom.

I would just like to point out that I end all my real life vehicle segments the same way as well; unconscious.

"This company just needs to believe in itself"
"Actual cannon fodder is far too expensive"
"Anyone else getting FarCry 2 flashbacks?"
"Uh, well it wasn't malaria?"
"And that is the curse of the controllable vehicle section of the beginning of FPS (...) you will never end one conscious"

Absolutely hilarious... I really, really liked this episode!!

Great stuff!

You guys gonna be doing Bad Company 2 episode, bit random of you to do the old first one otherwise! :O

I'm trying to figure out how it's so bad that they picked an older game. Maybe it had better cutscene potential; the second BC opening had few joke openers. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they picked out more games from the 90's, as long as the commentary is good.

Haha, Anti- Air Credits. Still this makes me want to play that game again. And the second one's single player. Since I wanna know why it wasn't over.

Good point about the vehicle segments. I notice it doesn't apply to third person shooters though. You start both Mass Effect games in a space ship and leave it conscious. Though admittedly you leave the ship in ME2 before it lands and presumably lose consciousness then, but you still get to leave the ship first.

Trying to think of more examples, but all that comes to mind are Gears of War 2, except thats not in the intro, and those guys never get knocked unconscious. In fact I'm not sure they sleep, they just keep going until they die in some really ridiculous fashion. Unless they wear a helmet and have enough brothers to be there to die in future sequels, in which case they die suddenly and in the most pathetic way possible. Here's hoping Dom gets eaten by space worms after he avenges his wife or whatever, and the next Carmine takes his place as the co-op guy, and kills a millions guys before he goes.

Dang, now I gotta play that game too. I have to vent all this excess nostalgia, it's exceeding healthy dosages.

Too many good snippets to pcik one out. Great epidsode

Destroy Gundam:
"Well, it wasn't malaria."
"I'm still upset."

lol best part of this one.

hehe war is for boners :P

You may end up unconscious, but at least in The Darkness you end up believing in a thing called love.

"You smell pretty clean..." "I'm not sure how to take that."

Hehe, this was pretty good. You sound pretty congested, get well soon Graham!

Great episode, this one.

Loved the "Anti-aircraft credits" bit.

Joe Deadman:
Wait did a comment just get commpletly removed due to first post symptom? Thats much better than hiding it under a tab.
Anyway to remain OT: Does anyone know of ANY war game were you DON'T fall unconcious at some point??

There's proto-battlefield, otherwise known as C&C Renegade. You get captured once but you peacefully surrender there.

Caiti Voltaire:

randommaster:
Maybe you'd stay concious if you convinced the enemy to continue using that "disolving credits" ammunition.

We think alike.

I actually liked the production values in the intro. Too bad the writers or at least whomever came up with the characters was just churning out generic stereotypes to feed their obvious crack addiction.

I don't think you can smoke that much crack and still live, which leads me to believe that they're into something really bad, probably anime.

randommaster:

I don't think you can smoke that much crack and still live, which leads me to believe that they're into something really bad, probably anime.

Given the overlong and unneccesary dialogue style, I'd say they've been taking writing classes from Stephanie Meyer.

Irridium:
I miss the lighthearted tone of the origional...

Hell I don't even remember the second Bad Company having the franchise's signiture tune...

It was in every Battlefield game before in one way or another...

I am with you so much

DICE bring back the funny and the battlefield theme for Bad Company 3 D:

And on topic: I didn't think that was as good as an episode, it's hard to add funny commentary to an already funny game, you're better off going with the super serious ones.

Like Bad Company 2 o:

Galad:
And I don't even get the urge to start cursing my ancient pc that won't let me play this game.

?
Bad company 1 never came out for the pc

Ripshot:

Irridium:
I miss the lighthearted tone of the origional...

Hell I don't even remember the second Bad Company having the franchise's signiture tune...

It was in every Battlefield game before in one way or another...

I am with you so much

DICE bring back the funny and the battlefield theme for Bad Company 3 D:

And on topic: I didn't think that was as good as an episode, it's hard to add funny commentary to an already funny game, you're better off going with the super serious ones.

Like Bad Company 2 o:
pc

Well they did a pretty funny one with Borderlands, so I guess it could work :/

Pretty great. Especially with the boners.

am I the only one who thought of pirates of the caribbean when the main title music kicked off? 1:20 in. sounds very similar...one might say...suspiciously so

Jbird:
I can tell Graham is still sick, because I'm still sick, and my voice is bleh, too.

You is voice did sound a little under-the-weather.

Anyways, great episode :D

wow I thought larry the cable guy was my least favorite red neck but BC showed me how much worse he could be

anyway, great episode. especially the bit at the end about malaria(sp?)

GrahamS:
Battlefield: Bad Company

Being the new guy sucks, doesn't it?

Be sure to join the Unskippable Facebook Fan Page here.

Watch Video

The good thing about this series is because of the basic and clever concept it never gets old and is always funny. They should do another episode with yahtzee when/if they do ff13.

I love BC1 much better than BC2. The first one gave me hours of fun, it was just hilarious. But I think that the second game is quite boring. Anyway I hope to play BC3 when it comes.

Seems counter intuitive to make fun of a game that's a comedy/parody in the first place.

Nice. I like how it cuts off as if you really did just die.

Actually you remain conscious during the end of the vehicle ride in Rainbow Six: Vegas and if I'm not mistaken the one in Republic Commando ends conscious as well. Anyway, I liked this episode and I loved that game's singleplayer.

ROFL!!!!! your so right, u always end or start unconscious, lol

Was expecting Bad Company 2 but good none the less.

@ 4:40: "Hey it's the calvary!"

THAT'S CAVALRY YOU DUMB@$$...sorry, pet peeve of mine. I was with the 3rd Armored CAVALRY in the '91 Goof War, y'see.

Calvary is a holy site. Cavalry RUNS OVER holy sites. Get it straight!

I actually found the cutscene itself more enjoyable than the commentary in this one. Though I suppose it is possible for them to complement one another.

Wait... On the back of the squad truck with wise cracks being made and carnage around you, and the best reference you could make was to Far Cry 2?

Operation Flashpoint would like to see you in the principal's office.

Regardless, enjoyable episode (it's not a necro if I haven't seen it already!)

And Dice only have so low self esteem for being leashboys of EA :P

HAHAH I came to find another one of your video and stumboled on this. Good work

They actually have some hilarious videos for Bad Compnay on Xbox Live, for example on they make fun of Metal Gear Solid, or Rainbow Sprinkles, and other ones

"there be gold in them hills"

"oh sarge can I drive the tank I promise I won't scratch it, I think ym insurance will cover it"

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here