The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 101: Showdown

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Starcraft 101: Showdown

Team Escapist throws down against Team Escapist in a 2v2 Starcraft 2 match. The teams are Justin Clouse and Greg Tito vs. John Funk and Jordan Deam.

Watch Video

I'd like to note that as the video guy who put this together, Justin got to pick the matchup. That's all.

I'll be honest, this was pretty interesting to watch. I've been getting back into the RTS genera with Red Alert 2 lately (never got into Starcraft).

I wouldn't mind seeing more videos like this.

Wow, they didn't let up on you, Funk :(

Bah, you're all still better than I am :\

Hey a ton of fun to watch guys. Keep the sc2 content coming!

Awesome, nice Protoss win.

FOR AIUR

No baneling or hydralisk... :( ... zerglings not that powerful anymore.. colossus army could of been attack by air units for they are tall enough to be shot by air to air and they cant attack air

nutgear:
No baneling or hydralisk... :( ... zerglings not that powerful anymore.. colossus army could of been attack by air units for they are tall enough to be shot by air to air and they cant attack air

I tend to spawn Zerglings if I have extra minerals but not Vespene, because there's no reason NOT to have them (and they're handy for dealing with Immortals), and they're absolutely lethal when fully upgraded.

The trouble was in that match, my vespene was tied up making Mutas, which were over trying to defend Jordan from the Banshees.

Sounds like you guys had some fun! I'm a bit jealous, can't wait to get my hands on this one... It was nice to see some game footage with, well, "non-professionals".
By the way, "glitches"? "luck"? Those are pretty lame excuses! ;)
Ooh, and look at that, "tremendous damage to the zerglings"! *chuckles*

John Funk:

nutgear:

I tend to spawn Zerglings if I have extra minerals but not Vespene, because there's no reason NOT to have them (and they're handy for dealing with Immortals), and they're absolutely lethal when fully upgraded.

The trouble was in that match, my vespene was tied up making Mutas, which were over trying to defend Jordan from the Banshees.

Yeah, its hard to say what to do. when its 2v2 and your limited on your intel. You did good man for being harassed all game long.

Very nice to watch. I know the southern team didn't do very well, but it was still a highly entertaining video. I also like watching the lasers!

Can't wait to get my hands on this game either. Looking great. :)

I'm also a total amateur at this game too, and am probably way worse than you guys are. XD

any possibility of getting the replay file?

So we can review the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE?

That was a great watch. You should do more of these.

I've never really learned the trick to harassment. It's one of those past-basic tactics I haven't really tried to practice given I'm still figuring out how to get a basic base set up in minimal time. It's so effective when you have it and you really notice the impact when it's all going one way.

Its interesting in how battlefield maneuvers and tactics, with the new terrain obstacles and the units that can bypass them, have drastically changed. Even a few units can prove game changing with some well-placed surgical strikes.

Much as i hate to go with the herd, yeah good stuff and the best us poor betaless schmucks can do at the moment :)

Wow, that was really cool to see. The Battle Reports are one thing, since those guys are the professionals, doing what they're paid to do. Watching you guys and your Terrible, Terrible DamageTm was pretty fun.

Watching that horde of colossi wreak havoc was absolutely joyful. Reminds me of Watching a swarm of carriers and scouts eat the map in SC1.

Make like a contest out of this i'll 2v2 with a buddy

Or at least let me faceoff against you guys haha

Looks like it was definetly good fun! I enjoyed watching it and commentry was fun too!

If I were playing against any of you I'd have been run right over. Fun to watch people play on Battle.net, but I hate playing since I suck so hard.

That was awesome, good work guys, really fun to watch that and I've loved all the starcraft content so far.
Though I've not been lucky to get onto the Beta myself, I agree, the colossi do look like they do TERRIBLE damage :p

That was freakin awesome! That was so much fun to watch and I would love to see a free for all / Escapist tournament. I want to see more TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE!

You guys should post your SC2 names we we, the people, can have a go at ya :D

This video did terrible damage. My favorite bit was,

"Funk actually admitted that was a complete accident."
"Shut the F-, were starting this thing over Jordan"

If anyone out there is craving more good starcraft 2 replays, I would strongly recommend the Day9 Dailies. This guy really knows what he's talking about, he's fun to listen to, and he is good friends with a lot of really high level sc, wc3, and now sc2 players.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154

But yeah, watching a bunch of guys who don't really know what they're doing is pretty fun too :D you guys still had some decent strategy, like the tank drop, even if micro was definitely lacking from some players.

im not ashamed to say that those colossi made me cream :P cant wait to get my grubby little mitts on this game :D

Pretty good video. It would be interesting if this was a deathmatch.

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE! lol

Well played game, especially the toss.

Can I get your identifiers please? I need more medium-skill leveled players to play with, I just get dominated on the ladder unless I cheese rush <_<

Interesting video :)
Good to know not everyone is amazing (despite how it seems online)

I can't wait to play this game. I just can't play with other people, I suck at playing MP with this game. I can only play SP or against a computer AND using the cheats

Colossi look so pretty.

*stares*

Ooh, shiny lasers.

I really like the Colossi's design :D
also, large amount of Colossi+ Mid amount of Immortals+ Mid amount of Zealot seems pretty good, but then again you need to be strategic with them :)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here