The Escapist Presents: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Guided Tour

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Guided Tour

Jordan Deam takes you on a guided tour of the new maps offered in the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package.

Watch Video

Well, you've killed my interest 100%.

Also, you seem to like sniping. I would sit in that doghouse with an SMG/Shotgun combo. If I was a camper. It's not a sniper's nest...It's a camper's nest.

Dosnt seem like anything too intresting there then...Same old game, different settings with variet amount of dust.

Well, I am sure people who play the online matches will find something in there!

Ridiculous how much they must have accumulated from all these sales of map packs. Especially as they are just re-releasing maps a lot of the time.

I bought it. Loving it.

Not even close to being worth 15 dollars though.

But hell, its not a bad map pack.

1200 ms points for 3 new maps and 2 revamped CoD4 maps? No thanks...

Heck, I'll buy it. Who doesn't have $15?

And while I never was intending to buy it, I think I will save my next injection of capital for a different developer. I dunno who that will be at this point but it will be someone else.

oh lawdy what a casualfest

Credit where credit is due, CoD4 had some pretty decent maps (Wetwork and Chinatown being my personal favourites) in both the standard game and the DLC.

MW2 on the other hand...I could have done better than that with the map maker in Timesplitters (in fact, I have done better than that), not because the maps themselves are bad (although there are things in them that certainly don't help matters) but because of the mentality of people who play it (you surely must have been on the recieving end of someone sniping from the crane on Highrise or someone camping behind the truck in Rust and so on).

Sadly, no amount of map packs or patches are going to fix this.

Am I the only person so far to have noticed that the "new" maps are actually ripped from CoD5 and covered with mw2 props?

Asehujiko:
Am I the only person so far to have noticed that the "new" maps are actually ripped from CoD5 and covered with mw2 props?

yes you are

Darth_Dude:

But you can get so much more for $15. They're having an AMAZING sale of XBL Arcade games right now.

Onyx Oblivion:

Darth_Dude:

But you can get so much more for $15. They're having an AMAZING sale of XBL Arcade games right now.

Yes, but all those people complaing how this is too expensive, come on guys, really?

I like the names of your classes.
Very... North Carolinian.

Reminds me of my own, in fact, though mine are a bit more Texan in flair.

I'm wondering though, what's the build in your "Fer soakin'" class? Sounds like an LMG with scavenger...

5 maps for 10 quid - yeah 2 of them are old maps but not everyone out there will have the original. Personally I reckon 2 quid a map isn't all that extortionate - can't even buy a pint for 2 quid anymore in the nanny-state that is the U.K.

In closing: I've bought it, and it's entertaining.

I hate them so much for not including shipment, I would happily pay double the price if they included that map.

GRoXERs:
I like the names of your classes.
Very... North Carolinian.

Reminds me of my own, in fact, though mine are a bit more Texan in flair.

I'm wondering though, what's the build in your "Fer soakin'" class? Sounds like an LMG with scavenger...

It's my riot shield class. TMP+extended mag sidearm, Marathon, Lightweight, Last Stand and Painkiller. I pretty much only use it in objective-based game types, though.

And yeah, pretty North Carolinian :P

Wow, 15 dollars for just a bunch of maps? Is there no SDK for this game, so users can make their own (free) maps?

I have not played MW2 myself (my GPU is in a museum display), but if they're going to charge money for things like this I don't think I'll ever buy it. What happens if you're in a server and a DLC map comes up, do you get kicked off?

Darth_Dude:
Yes, but all those people complaing how this is too expensive, come on guys, really?

It is to expensive, MW2 and 2 map packs will run 90$(or 90€ here), that's twice what we paid for MW1(and the map packs were free on the PC). Even comparatively speaking, for 15$ one can get a lot more, Battlefield 1943 costs that much for instance, not to mention hundreds of other complete games.

It may be an acceptable price if you only play one game and nothing else, but for the rest of us who like to play several games a month the idea of games that cost 100€ and more on total doesn't look that consumer friendly.

Thedutchjelle:
What happens if you're in a server and a DLC map comes up, do you get kicked off?

Hehe ... funny thing about dedicated servers ... well, let's just say this won't be an issue.

~Jordan

Why can't you pronounce 'Overgrown'?

WHY?!?

No bullet drop a la BC 2=keep your damn game IW!

Wait a sec. Didnt some dlc for the new Battlefield come out for free just a while ago?

I actually got into MW2 online mp more once 2010 actually rolled around

but I'm not playing much now, so I'll save the cash for now

Almgandi:
Wait a sec. Didnt some dlc for the new Battlefield come out for free just a while ago?

yes

or was that meant to be a snarky rhetorical question? loll

anyway, I rented BC2, and the online was mad loads of fun, but I know as soon as my squad mates (or friends I actually know) stop playing then it would die off for me very quickly...

Interesting...

So what about players who have the DLC and wish to play it in...TDM? And cool people (like me) who don't want to fork out 10 for more environments, some just remade, for what is essentially 1/4 of the games retail price. Oh...and the matchmaking system for both consoles AND PC does not allow DLC to be played unless everyone forked over their cash to this industry monopoly?

Ummm...

Err...

Hmm...

Nah i'm good.

MW2 doesnt really need new maps, the ones it came with are fine.

lol, i get what you meant, but who doesnt need money?!

part of me thinks though, this should have been included in the game, but i guess whats the point in DLC if that was the case?

I would have loved to do the broadcast level again in mw2, my fave

Did anyone else watch this and think "Wow! - look at all those in-tact buildings..." or was it just me?

If it was, I've got a problem.

Rrrg.

I wish I hadn't broken my disk. I really want to play these new maps. But I just had to go and make my 360 fall over, didn't I...

5 maps for $15.

Which is why I prefer Treyarch over Infinity Ward any day. they give a damn about their customer (or at least can pretend very well)

Two things:

I love how you can hear a small child in the begining.

And i love your "'for ........" name for your loadouts.

Anyway, while the maps look interesting, they don't look like there going to bring my interest back to the game.

ROFL! love your class names! Very southern, not surprising though, The Escapist is in North Carolina. DUKE! national champs

I dunno, three new maps does sound OK, and I'm fine with them copy/pasting two old maps. But when you make the entire DLC random game modes, I just said no right there. I could live with giving them $15 but not giving it to them if there's only two types of modes I play. Also it just might be you but you made the add-on like it's much more camp based than the first maps. (and yes I am a PC gamer)

Grouchy Imp:
5 maps for 10 quid - yeah 2 of them are old maps but not everyone out there will have the original. Personally I reckon 2 quid a map isn't all that extortionate - can't even buy a pint for 2 quid anymore in the nanny-state that is the U.K.

In closing: I've bought it, and it's entertaining.

Welcome to the Escapist mate!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or