Game Dogs: Episode 13: Focus Group

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Episode 13: Focus Group

The Game Dogs focus group gets its first look at Satan's Retrievers.

Watch Video

I'm beginning to get just a tiny bit sick of jokes about Mr. Yee's stupidity. Good episode, regardless.

Will there ever really be a proper punchline to one of these jokes, or will there just be awkward dialogue upon awkward dialogue?

A real, quick, funny joke would be nice once in a while, that's all I'm saying.

It was an alright episode, but it felt a little too long for my liking, you could've shaved off a couple lines from Mr Yee, or not let Jennifer speak, like ever again.

I was having a hard time hearing some of the voices, Beth and Bob to be specific, I didn't want to crank my volume just to hear them and then turn it down when the others talked.

I wish they had a little more animation in their faces, like when Gary was talking about firing them at the end, and Roger's face was close up, you'd think he'd be pissed off while Gary was talking. But it looked like Roger was happy? That kind of detracts from the message in my opinion.

Hmm wasnt as good as the one before, this ep just seemed like endless talking to me =[

I got too much of Mr. Yee... Oh well, kinda down this time tho.

This thread is too funny. First he asks us to join the facebook fan page. Then all the comments that follow are negative. At least the first five were.

I'd refute the comments made, but I agree with all of them.

I get that we are supposed to hate the bitch, but the character is completely unneccessary and stereotypical. I also agree with the post above mentioning the punchlines.

It was alright, it keep me entertained.

I did like Bob's reaction at the end.

I enjoyed it, which is apparently more than anyone else can say >.>

Armored Prayer:
It was alright, it keep me entertained.

I did like Bob's reaction at the end.

I wonder if he's gonna be like Milton from Office Space and just end up burning the whole place down...

Okay...have to agree...things drag on way too much. :/ At the start of the episode, I was totally interested and prepared to be amused at the reaction they would have to playing the game, but it never even came close to happening. In fact, I've felt that way at the start of every episode. An overlying theme sets in and hints at what will happen next...but that event never does happen. The characters talk for a while, and as each episode goes by that talk is just repeated, so even if I laughed at some of them, I'm now growing tired as it's just the same long jokes each time. The odd quirky mixes of canine behavior with human life are funny, but not enough on their own to hold up the show.

I would love to see this show speed things up and find more direction. There doesn't necessary have to be a ton of stuff that happens each episode...but it would be nice if at least ONE thing happened each episode. Particularly if it was what we thought we were going to get in the first place.

I'm sorry for such a negative review, but I'm really having a hard time keeping interest now. I love the characters, the design, the music, and the animation . . . but the writing is really dragging this down into the dirt.

They stretch Mr. Yee's stupidity too much. The peek of the episode was Garys laughter at the end.

I predict Bob is going to "bla bla clearly states that any work related accidents resulting in a injured employee will inmediatly cause the employee to take recovery time taking from him all his responsabilities and autorithy" thus not being able to fire the others and in wich time Mr. Yee will come around and take back is permission for Gary to use his signature.

Was kinda hoping it'd say "To not be continued."

Couldn't you have maybe edited it down to 6 minutes? They're getting longer, but staying the same level of funny. :|

XD WTF Bob! I liked the ending.

Bob reminds me of Rimmer from Red Dwarf XD

That was hilarious how he quoted the handbook, lol

so basiaclly the plot wasn't continued at all, if you skip this episode, it doesn't fucking matter.

Nothing happened here.

I can't believe so many people don't like the show yet continue to watch it.

The whole setting of "Huge Software Corporation" has a lack of authenticity. It's trying to be Dilbert, but there's no sense that any of the writers have ever worked in such an environment for any amount of time.

I realize that part of the joke is that they're an afterthought of the CEO, but there needs to be more interaction from other departments within the company. HR handles issues related to firing employees, Marketing would have to be involved in promoting the game since it reflects on the company as a whole.

The whole venture has the feel of "small startup venture", but it doesn't work if the company has an established presence in the Software World.

There's a serious disconnect and the office-based jokes don't work except as very thin tropes.

You need to build up the cast more beyond what there is now. Code Monkeys did something similar but at least there was a feeling that it was a real company with different departments.

This could be done better but I for once, watch this episode with some glee. I am looking out for the next one already. =]

I expect an episode in which Mr. Y is absolutely normal.. and I expect ppl to cry about that too

in other news: I'm such an idea dog

dead_rebel:
Was kinda hoping it'd say "To not be continued."

Couldn't you have maybe edited it down to 6 minutes? They're getting longer, but staying the same level of funny. :|

At least it's better then that stupid D&D group of girls, SO BORING!

(sigh) this, is, far, too, drawn, out.
please tell me this is the end of a series which startled in the middle, rose for 2/3 episodes, then plummeted into an abys of tired, long winded and punch lacking gags mostly focused on merely applying the fact that the characters are anthropomorphic dogs to the office scenario.

Would they please just play the damned game already, or move onto something else?
If this is the build up to the end then I beg you to go out with a bang at least.

Oh and Mr.Yee is still infuriating and tiring

Why are you still wasting resources on this? I mean you gave it the old college try, but it's just not funny! The dialogue is tedious and pointless most of the time, the jokes are blisteringly predictable. It doesn't even make me smile! I just feel bad for the creators and the people who continue to work hours on this. It's just not worth it guys. I'm not trying to be mean or flame you it's just the truth.

okay, i've stayed quiet and watched this series hoping it would get funnier with time, but it hasn't, it's a good premise with good voice actors, but the writing itself is so comically bad that it is the funniest part of the series, long winded situational jokes about Mr. Yee being an air head isn't funny, the only series that made the 'long winded stupid character lines' was Family Guy with peter falling over all the time and that was only funny because it was deliberately long winded and repetitive.

i'd like to say that this series is a 'sum of it's parts' deal, but the sum of it's parts are lame jokes about air heads and social steriotypes that make themselves less funny every time they're used, the anal retentive co-worker, the demonic devison boss and the air head CEO just don't serve the series so much as deflates it. please, please, please find a better writer and spend more time on you're character development.

Raithnor:
The whole setting of "Huge Software Corporation" has a lack of authenticity. It's trying to be Dilbert, but there's no sense that any of the writers have ever worked in such an environment for any amount of time.

Kinda my thought, It's trying to be Dilbert.

I decided to watch this weeks episode out of pity, how nice of me.

There were no jokes or witty moments, the only part of the show that made me even crack a smile was when Bob would refer to his chances of getting overtime.

Captain Dipshit (ie. Mr. Yee) has become too stupid, obviously used merely to drag the drek out to a reasonable time length because it was one of the very few things that there was any positive response regarding.

Jennifer/Bitch's voice and personality are too annoying, like when her debut episode was out I (and most likely countless others as well) could not tolerate the sound of the voice, it honestly hurt my ears and I had to close the page (I unfortunately mean this literally, the pitch was bad enough, with the personality choice just nudging it off the cliff edge the load of bullshit was dancing on) and unfortunately, even with viewer response, this hasn't changed.

The "vocalized sound effects" (for lack of a better term) that the token female group character has is still there and aggravating more people than ever, except now it's spreading to more sounds than a talentless woman saying "sigh" because she's not intelligent enough to know that sighing is a sound, not the noise itself, and the growling, you don't say "grrrr" like you're trying to push out a turd but you ate too much damn cheese, it's a sound effect, not the pronunciation. If you must continue this garbage do yourselves a favor and drop this dead-weight voice actor and pick up someone else, it's been done countless times before, with major shows no less. I doubt I need to go into the personality of the bitch, since everyone else has complained about it in EVERY previous episode and been ignored.

The animation needs some mixing up, there's the basic frame-work of a model created well, the characters at least look nice, however the hing jaws and the vocal pitch doesn't change the way the hinges moves, there's not even an apparent attempt for any kind of voice synchronization. Characters will always look like they're at one standard emotional state, Chet always looks like he's just been scolded for pissing on a rug, even when he should be grinning ear to ear, like when he was about to get some ass in the after-party. Rodger just looks like he's happy that he was able to lick some cotton candy off the ass of a inebriated prostitute without anyone noticing, even in scenes where they should be devastated, like where he was fired in the end, sitting there with his shit-eating grin whilst being told that he's lost his dream job. The token bitch has the same issue as Rodger, except replace the hooker and cotton candy with having pissed on the car of that skank who took the last coke from the break room fridge. I'll stop listing off characters here since none have any emotions that they are able to show. The voice acting being monotone and weak doesn't help this issue either.

I can't believe so many people don't like the show yet continue to watch it.

I know, it's baffling, and I'm one of the people who hate the crap. I can't explain it myself, I personally want nothing more than to see the show canceled and the worst of its workers fired (I'm a horrible asshole, I'm a terrible person, I'm aware, I don't care about other people and their issues; it's who I am and I like it that way, stops my opinion from being clouded by pity and other similar issues), yet I still watch it each release and attempt to eat my shoes in pure rage! Though I rarely ever comment because of my lack of ability to understand why I feel compelled to view it. Normally I'd agree with you in saying "If you don't like it, don't watch it", but I can't control it and neither can countless others disturbingly enough. Because of my inability to understand my compulsion to view it I choose not to post in the threads normally, however I was so irritated this time I felt it would be good to bring up some gripes, so this is my 2nd comment regarding the series to date.

SIDE NOTE: On a friendlier note, since Russ Pitts has opened this thread I felt I might just say that I hope to see you do more of the video supplements of the sites, Your vocabulary is quite varied and interesting, not to mention that for whatever reason I find your voice strangely soothing, somewhat like a white Morgan Freeman (lesser extent, I won't go overboard, but I can't think of a better voice over). Dearie me, that sounded a bit homo-erotic, did it not? Unintentional, but no less disturbing.

Cheer up guys, there may be a silver lining.

At the end of the episode Gary said their useless asses were fired. If they've listened to all the negative comments this may just be the Escapists way of finishing the show off with a bang.

Imagine if you will, the annoying tools marching out of the office, in tears, holding their crap which was hastily crammed into boxes and slowly walking down the street, not sure what to do next. Only knowing that they've lost their dream. Then a truck drives by and runs down the annoying little fuckers.

so... theyr gone? its over?

Deary me,what is a girl doing in the games divison? haha loved it

This show is worse then "I Hit it With My Ax"

yawn...

wow...32 comments?I smell a cancellation coming.

Raithnor:

I realize that part of the joke is that they're an afterthought of the CEO, but there needs to be more interaction from other departments within the company. HR handles issues related to firing employees, Marketing would have to be involved in promoting the game since it reflects on the company as a whole.

The whole venture has the feel of "small startup venture", but it doesn't work if the company has an established presence in the Software World.

There's a serious disconnect and the office-based jokes don't work except as very thin tropes.

You need to build up the cast more beyond what there is now. Code Monkeys did something similar but at least there was a feeling that it was a real company with different departments.

you are forgetting that Gary now has the CEO's signature, he could still give HR a memo stating that they are no longer employed and such.

still though, please for all that is good in this world, let it end...... please, think of the children...

Sorry what was it about again? I fell asleep about 1 third of the way through.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)