Zero Punctuation: God of War III

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

meepop:

Paradoxial:
I figured he would have liked it a bit more given the former's praise but i guess nothing is perfect. Not even portal anymore since they changed the ending...

This is off-topic but what do you mean they changed the ending? I got an update from Steam, played the last save I had before it had the end credits when Chell's being sucked up and out of GlaD0s, and I didn't see any new ending.

i suppose i should have been specific with my sarcasm (need watch where i point that thing these days) http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/7329-Stolen-Pixels-179-Breen-Interviews-Chell

MultiColouredWonder:
I'm convinced not to buy it now.

i feel sorry for you, while he is right that it seems weird how you had to work so hard to kill one god and now they are dropping like flies, gow3 is a game that should be played by pretty much everyone who is interested in video games. although i may be a greek mythology buff my opinion is not biased in the least bit. this is an amazing game from start to finish. i hope you take my advise seriously and do not pass this game up.

666Chaos:
the game itself was rather underwhelming since there was basically no story except slaughter everybody who even thinks of looking at you. The puzzles were great as usual and the best part of the game. One thing that i did differently is that i only used the swords you start with untill i got another weapon and never touched them again. The actual powers you got were pretty much useless though. The bow was crap even fully upgraded and helios` head was useless in combat 99% of the time.

Reading the wikipedia page on this game one nearly gets the impression of a For Rent sign on Olympus at the end of this game. But then again that fits in with the brutal psychotic characterization of Kratos Yahtzee gave us back in his "God of War: Chains of Olympus" review.

Mukil:
Hey! quick question. Im new to the escapist. Just wated to know why the first three posts got banned? I know you usually get banned for saying ill of someone. But as far as I can say it was nothing offensive? Just dont want to maek the same mistake! (I couldn't find forum rules on the featured content section)

saying "first" or posting a comment on a video before you actually had time to watch the video is frowned upon and will result in punishment. welcome to the escapist, its safer here, and now you know why.

Hm, I wonder if anyone's commenting on...

... his...

... voice.
Well shit. Ninja'd.

Yes, well. Thunder rightfully stolen, I suppose I'm correct in my assumption that this game did not turn out to be the Earth-rendingly stunning must-experience experience I've been led to assume.

i like how you look at the story and actually cretiqe it game revews are usually looks pretty moves pretty sounds pretty 10\10 go buy it now but never anything about the story thats what i hate most about games like that they tell you what you have to do and then give you vague answers on why you should care becouse i dont care i want a game where its a true sandbox a huge world where i have amazing powers but no goals shoved on me just start me off and say you can save the world take over the world destroy the world ignore the world and build an empire of what ever type you want build your dream house fill it with amazing things youve stole get followers henchmen teammates make an army do whatever you feal like we dont care
p.s loved the most determind athiest bit

Fox242:

13thforswarn:
Sounds like he's got a sore throat or a cold.

He didn't drop the "Like God of War but" bomb this time... I wonder why...

Because this is God of War. There's no need to drop the "Like God of War but..." on something that is God of War.

Anyway, to the main point of this post. I remember that after people viewed Yahtzee's Assassin's Creed 2 review, there was alot of discussion concerning his voice and how different it was. He then had to devote an Extra Punctuation article explaining why his voice sounded different instead of focusing on something more insightful.

For fuck's sake people, do we really need to keep talking about how his voice is different this time. Yahtzee has already stated that he has a sore throat on a Twitter post and other people here have already pointed that out. Do we need Yahtzee to waste his next Extra Punctuation article on his voice when he could be using it to bring his unique brand of wisdom to us all concerning Kratos' character or the God of War series in general? The answer is no. So please stop talking about his sore throat already!

I was being sarcastic.

Anyone else hear the siren in the backround at around 1:40?

Good review on this. I quoted a while ago why you sounded different, then learned that you had sore throat, so I take back what I said(Not that it was an insult, I just made fun of you.).

The first part didn't seem as funny as usual. It might've been the voice, or it might've been the fact that yahtzee actually enjoyed the game undermining his valiant attempt to gut it on the spear of his wit. Was as hilarious as usual once he started criticizing with his heart in it, though. As good a review as I've seen, and several times more entertaining.

Possibly my favorite Zero Punctuation yet.

I actually usually really enjoy Yahtzee reviews, even if I've never played the game, but I think the sore throat took the usual edge of hilarity off. Not saying that it's his fault for being sick, I just... didn't derive enjoyment from this. D8

syltman:
what's up with the voice?

LoL, that's what I was wondering.

Kawaii :3

Good review, it's nice to hear I'm not the only one who realizes Kratos is just a psychopath. I mean I thought it was pretty obvious from the beginning that he has no redeeming features.

Am I the only one who thinks his voice sounds more bad-ass like this?

His probably got a sore throat or something of the like, and I hope he gets better, But I still recon his voice sounds pretty cool like this ^.^

And another great video (y)

SextusMaximus:
I'm starting to grow weary of all the hate... I understand you want to please your fans, but now you're just nitpicking! You can't complain that a game has TOO MUCH variety... Ah well.

Actually one of the editors/staff here says that to, if ti snot easy and simplistic enough people wont like it(watered down paraphrase).......... Variety=replay if the game is worth replaying in the first place.

Hmmmmmm, God of War 3 you say Yahtzee? Time to take some hits from the GonG while I watch.......

balloon with a face drew on driving a taxi lol. I liked this episode.

soulasylum85:

MultiColouredWonder:
I'm convinced not to buy it now.

i feel sorry for you, while he is right that it seems weird how you had to work so hard to kill one god and now they are dropping like flies, gow3 is a game that should be played by pretty much everyone who is interested in video games. although i may be a greek mythology buff my opinion is not biased in the least bit. this is an amazing game from start to finish. i hope you take my advise seriously and do not pass this game up.

Well, I have not even played any of these games. My brother told be it was awesome and showed me the cut-scenes he had unlocked from playing the game. After watching them I came to the conclusion that Kratos was a psychopathic asshole who blamed everyone else for his problems but himself. I did try to play the game but any coolness the game play might of had was destroyed by the sheer amount of disdain I had for the character I was playing.

So, yea, I'm going to be passing this game up.

Also, all this "God-of-War clone" business is starting to remind me of back when all First Person Shooters were referred to as Doom clones. I can't remember when it was people actually started calling them FPSs but I wonder when we're going to start calling god-of-war clones 3D beat-em-ups, or something else, I don't know.

remember when his voice used to be fast... he really really dislikes unchartered though, which is amusing because he always used to attack tomb raider for the jumping mechanics, one of the things unchartered gets right for that genre :P

maybe he's just getting old and fails to see any good in games.... God of War 3 was a quick 8 hours with big bosses and although the plot is about as thin as a typical twilight movie, it's amazingly more fun...

glad it's finished though, hopefully the dev team can work on a new character, one that'll annoy yahtz.. i mean...

in all seriousness, i'd like to see the team from god of war 3 use what they've learned and recreate the god of war clone genre again. Maybe we'll get another influx of badly plot scripped games....

or maybe we'll get gems, pretty gems... that come at the end of a rainbow..either way Yahtzee will stll hate unchartered 2 and anything derived from the PS3... possibly because he accidently had it rammed up his.... anyway..

could explain his voice.

lol i love your programs but i just felt bad that most of the things you said are answered in the game like he killed all the gods so he could show that there are no gods now and more stuff like that.

i should stop defending kratos and start loving parodies like i loved the resident evil parodies

good review and he sounds like how he sounded in his really early reviews

Yahtzee! You sound sick! Get well soon! Here's a Little present from Google Images

This was a proper zero punctuation.
It contained a good amount of review material and kept the puns related to it.
Very, very, very happy with this review.

Nice review but never cared much for God Of War.

So his main gripe is that the game isn't realistic and relatable? I see.

It was funny though :)

the teddy bear and scorpion image made my day

WTF is wrong with the guys voice on this video? it sucks...

I think Yahtzee wasnt feeling very well when he made this. His voice didnt have the same energy it usually does. Perhaps he has a cold.
Or perhaps hes developed depression. Who knows.

Knifewounds:
Is it just me or did the story in GOW3 get a bit lazy near the end? Anyway Great review.

Its the usual mythological crap...

AugurioS:
WTF is wrong with the guys voice on this video? it sucks...

wow.

Anyway I agree with the story line being way too drawn out. They do a good job with the game but imo the story is no longer interesting and its no more fun than the original. Games like God of war will sell no matter what, so they make it look shiny and new and put little effort into making it great. Reminds me of what Nintendo has been doing with their systems for the last 15 years.

Kyouki1980:
I think Yahtzee wasnt feeling very well when he made this. His voice didnt have the same energy it usually does. Perhaps he has a cold.
Or perhaps hes developed depression. Who knows.

Hahaaa, a cold in Australia. Isn't Australia like 2 miles from the Sun, or something?

Never played GoW, but I still found this to be one of your best and most fun reviews to date. Keep it up!
Oh, and I hope you'll feel better soon

Okay, I am confused now. He pretty much mentioned everything he doesn't like of it, but it's "God of War 3" better than any of the other "Like God of War but..." games he reviewed before?

he says cake like its bad thing.

LOL, brilliant review as usual but honestly i dont think anyone is playing GoW for the story. More to liquefy anything thats fucking solid using your blades.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here