Escape to the Movies: Avengers: Assemble!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Avengers: Assemble!

This week MovieBob gathers all the clues that seem to point to an Avengers film.

Watch Video

SO AWESOME!

and great nerdgasm!

Hell, all I know is: Nick Fury = Samuel L. Jackson.

Even if Iron Man 2 sucks, I'm going to feel happy after watching it.

That said, I have the problem that it's very likely that an Avengers movie is going to fuck up the continuity of 3-5 different film franchises, and that's if they DON'T decide to make a movie based on "Civil War". Like Bob said, there are MANY differences with the different films, even if they're all set loosely in the same universe.

Some very fascinating stuff there, Bob. I'm not really into marvel and I haven't seen Iron Man 1 or The Incredible Hulk (the latter because I've seen Ang Lee's version and I'm terrified!) But maybe I should consider seeing them now..

But what's ironic about this is I was just having this conversation with my boyfriend last night, and he seems to think the same thing... Now I have to see all this, just so I can see it come to some sort of head.

Nice nerdgasm.

Here is a way to make continuity a non issue:
Make Kang the Conqueror, the time traveling lord of time the main villain, and explain away any inconsistent canon as the ramifications of time travel.

Hopefully they take more cues from the Ultimate Universe. Whenever they copy that it turns out awesome.

Could there have been anything hidden in Spiderman? I thought he was Marvel too. Not that I'd like more of Toby but Spiderman has always been my favorite comic character and to see him wisecrack and annoy Cap would be awsome for me

Rocketboy13:
Here is a way to make continuity a non issue:
Make Kang the Conqueror, the time traveling lord of time the main villain, and explain away any inconsistent canon as the ramifications of time travel.

Ugh, do you know how MESSY time travel is going to make the cannon? You'd be better off just saying Mephisto has just been fucking with everyone.

Hmmm, seems interesting to say the least, never saw the scene at the end of Iron Man, or Hulk. But still I like your views on Scarlett Johansson, couldnt agree more

Sosa Star:
Could there have been anything hidden in Spiderman? I thought he was Marvel too. Not that I'd like more of Toby but Spiderman has always been my favorite comic character and to see him wisecrack and annoy Cap would be awsome for me

Sadly, Spiderman and X-men as movie franchises are owned by different studios. This was before superhero movies got big enough that Marvel could justify its own studio. Still, the contracts will run out eventually.

Anyway, this Avengers stuff is pretty cool. Let's just hope it doesn't lead to the Civil War stuff, though.

I was expecting "Date Night".

This was way better.

Kudos.

Time to start brushing up on my Marvel. Without tracking down 100s of comics. Anyone have a good reference site?

Well, if there was ever a reason for nerdgasm, this is it.

Yes Scarlett Johansen in skin-tight body suit.

Thor..wonder how Fundamental Christian groups will take to a depiction of a Norse Man-God as an American hero.Cant wait to see how that story is depicted.

kinda ninja'd
do you think the spiderman reboot will be connected to this in anyway?

There was a clip from Iron Man 2 that supposedly contained Donald Blake.

I don't believe Mr. Statham will turn down any movies since Dungeon Siege. I know I would want to do as many movies as possible to get that taste out of my mouth.

Onyx Oblivion:
Time to start brushing up on my Marvel. Without tracking down 100s of comics. Anyone have a good reference site?

all the comics you need:

http://comicsworld.wordpress.com/

Onyx Oblivion:

TVTropes mate, they have a fairly long-winded explanation of most of the major Marvel/DC franchises (although you may never re-emerge from that place...)

Failing that, just Wikipedia the fucker.

Enjoyed that review ... I don't care so much about crossing story lines too much. Just the attempt albeit loose is cool. As well studios can simply reboot the storyline as need be and in general people don't seem to care too much.

Iron man 1 had comment that howard stark worked on the Manhattan project, so yeah, he was alive during the war.

Is it weird that I find the idea of all these movies being made is hotter than Scarlet Johansen as Black Widow?

MovieBob:
Avengers: Assemble!

This week MovieBob gathers all the clues that seem to point to an Avengers film.

Be sure to join Escape to the Movies Facebook Fan Page here.

Watch Video

I always thought that thunderstorm in the middle of the Hulk film was related to Thor... I'm just speculating here but what if in the Thor movie... that Thunderstorm is made reference to and is shown to have been caused by Thor... maybe in a big battle or just testing out powers. Given the way these two films have worked with references to each other. I wouldn't be surprised one bit. What do you reckon Bob?... do you think that the storm was just a coincidence or a nod to the Thor movie?.

I'm really excited to see how the Avengers movie ends up as long as there are no serious issues with the Captain America and Thor movies.

Speaking of, have they announced the villains for those yet? Been a little while since I looked and it could help determine who will be the Big Bad (or Bads) for the Avengers. Although I suppose they could always have a Hulk goes nuts plot since that is usually entertaining.

There is no way they'd do Civil War for a first Avengers movie, especially when so many Marvel characters are contracted with other studios. Maybe for a sequel though which could be neat or terrible since the whole storyline is kinda hit or miss.

Ok who do I send the cleaning bill to for the load i blew in my shorts.

I'm really looking forward to Iron Man 2. It's a bold move to tie all these films in together, but if done right it could be the greatest thing ever. The Avengers movie will be the hardest one to write/direct as you'd have to marry all the movies' styles and tones together, but still make it fresh. Good luck Marvel.

I suppose it's too much to hope for that the Spiderman reboot will get in on this. Marvel lost the movie rights or something, correct?

I've been keeping my eye on this - it's nice that you compiled it all.

Cannot WAIT for these. Marvel have always seemed to have more of a proactive force in moviemaking compared to DC, and so indeed - good stuff.

Probably nerdiest thing ive heard on Escapist...

I'm pretty sure they have the actors pinned down for both Thor and Captain America. Kirk's dad from star trek and then the human torch as captain america.

so, I guess no review of Date Night...

the 2 animated movies were very good, but he didnt mention a single thing of spiderman

Awesome recap Bob. But there is even more to add to the nerdgasm and the theory that Tony Starks father had something to do with the creation of Captain America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVeuYqjMlk

Good stuff

Onyx Oblivion:

This. http://marvel.wikia.com/Main_Page

You are such a nerd and it only makes me love you more (in a less creepy, non-gay kinda way).

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here