Escape to the Movies: Avengers: Assemble!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I can picture it now. Nick fury, Mighty Thor, Tony Stark, and Robert Bruce Banner showing up at the location of the broken glacier and Nick just wiping away the frost to show Cap's face and the camera pulls back to reveal the equipment to extract Cap from his icy coffin in the end of the Cap'n America movie or the beginning of The Avengers movie. I'm assuming Thor will most likely be the special feature in Iron Man 2 because in Iron Man you could see Cap's shield and/or symbol on Tony's work table.

Based on your Howard Stark theory and seeing the shield and/or symbol of Cap'n America in Iron Man I add to it by submitting that it's a possibility Howard Stark made Cap's suit and shield. Yes, that would especially be cool.

TheRealCJ:

Ugh, do you know how MESSY time travel is going to make the cannon? You'd be better off just saying Mephisto has just been fucking with everyone.

Well I suppose that would work too, as would skrulls.

The fact that there is going to be an Avengers movie is exciting enough... but knowing that there is going to be a movie about Thor makes me feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.

Cosplay Horatio:

Based on your Howard Stark theory and seeing the shield and/or symbol of Cap'n America in Iron Man I add to it by submitting that it's a possibility Howard Stark made Cap's suit and shield. Yes, that would especially be cool.

That would be my guess.

Indeed Bob, it's gonna be pretty badass.

I hope when this movie comes out it destroys, I mean fucking sends Twilight into the shitter. Not that I hate the franchise, just saying I like my team when it comes to movie going.

We failed when Twilight beat out Dark Knight.

I can see two ways this could go.

Hollywood Version:
All the Avengers are "lonely everymans" with psychological problems.
Thor is "Lost", Iron Man is "Drunk", Hulk is "ANGRY!", Cap is "PROUD"
Sort of the seven dwarves of maleness, each will have to face their fears before they all come together for a big hug.

The "Excelsior" version:
Screw all that relating. The main magic here is the "POWER". Thor can "POWER" the Weather, Iron Man can "POWER" the Suit, Cap can "POWER" the Shield etc. so that the "One Magic Rule" can be kept intact despite the Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Pulp crossover.

That, IMHO, is how it should be played - and don't you remember Bob? Spiderman is being remade...who's to say our friendly neighbourhood wallcrawler won't be back with Shellhead and the others?

MARVEL can do crossovers well (The House of M) and REALLY badly (Inferno), but if they can keep this one on the rails, we're gonna have something that can't be ignored by the Oscars.

And if there's a Marvel...Bats, are you listening?

This is a great video, and it has me pumped for Iron Man 2 :D

captain america, spiderman, ironman, the hulk, thor, and wolverine beating the crap out of uwe boll, the best movie ever.

Epic!

Hopefully Iron Man 2 gives us a few more hints. Looking forward to seeing more Tony Stark, as well as War Machine and Nick Fury in action.

Villians for Thor and Cap are Tom Hiddleston as Loki and Hugo Fucking Weaving as Red Skull!

But owned by other stuidos currently

Jason Statham as the Union Jack? probably the best idea I have ever heard

The_root_of_all_evil:

That, IMHO, is how it should be played - and don't you remember Bob? Spiderman is being remade...who's to say our friendly neighbourhood wallcrawler won't be back with Shellhead and the others?

Chiefly, because the rights to make Spider-Man movies are owned by Sony, while the current run of Marvel movies are owned by Marvel Studios (distributed through Paramount) and neither studio will want to put up money for a cameo that will just end up advertising for the other guy's product.

Marvel ITSELF, meanwhile, is owned by Disney.

That there was a special on this is amusing. I thought it was fairly solid fact that there would soon be an Avengers movie, some saying as soon as 2012, others by about 2014-5. The only thought is how much they're going to tie them together, and how much initial exposition they're going to give for each character. If Spider-Man hadn't been demolished, we would even have seen some of his cameos. Who knows, had it all continued, we might even have seen a movie for the Civil War of Marvel Heroes, with the whole Registration Acts and whatnot. On the bright side, there's no mention of Ant-man or The Wasp yet, so that's a bonus. Quicksilver would be a nice turn-up though, and would be an appropriate bridge to some cross-marvel tie-ins.

Oh, and does anyone know if the guy in the Iron-Man 2 trailers is Mandarin?

Near the beginning of Iron Man 1 Tony Stark mentions that his father worked on the Manhattan project so yeah he was active during world war 2.

MovieBob:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Chiefly, because the rights to make Spider-Man movies are owned by Sony, while the current run of Marvel movies are owned by Marvel Studios (distributed through Paramount) and neither studio will want to put up money for a cameo that will just end up advertising for the other guy's product.

Marvel ITSELF, meanwhile, is owned by Disney.

Ah, that's why I'm just a pleb, didn't know the first part.

We can but hope though.

Right at the end when Movie Bob was talking about how cool it all was thinking "So awesome I might just jizz my pants" and right on time BAM - Nerdgasm.

Definitely looking forward to Ironman 2 anyway. Going to have to give number one a recap first though.

NERDGASM! lol

i've never read a marvel comic, but this looks pretty sweet to me. the biggest way marvel could cock this up, however, would be to shove the entire universe's backstory down the audience's throats. (see resident evil 5)

What the hell kind of villain can they use to be a match for that team?

carnkhan4:

Some one played by chuck noris?

OT- cant wait for Iron Man 2, first defiantly being in my top 3 films of the decade.

Mumorpuger:
We all have known where Captain America's shield has been for the past few years now:

Who's up for a cameo of EPIC PROPORTIONS???

It could work.

nerdgasm is right... omfg

carnkhan4:

Well if Doctor Doom hadn't been turned into a whining pretty-boy corporate idiot by the Fantastic Four movies, he'd be up to the task. I'm guessing it'd be something heavy duty, like a Skrull invasion.

If You Want Any More Proof:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

and Character Movies Produced by This Guy:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0032696/

Whoah wait a second

Wasn't Doctor Strange an Avenger?

I darn sure hope theres a Doctor Strange movie one day...

AWWW, BUT HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON! :(

Okay, kidding, this is adequate. To be honest, we here over the pond see the entire superhero thing as slightly ridiculous, but the movies have consistently been good, so I'm looking forward to this. The Iron Man movie is probably my favorite of all the recent ones, TDK included.

Awesome video, must gen up on my comic book theory!!!

I can't wait for Iron Man 2!!! The only thing I'm not happy about is that they replaced Terrance Howard (or he quit; not sure what happened to him) and put in Don Cheadle. Howard fit the part so well, but hopefully Cheadle can do the same.

Also, epic NERDGASM and WAR MACHINE is soooo fucking awesome! I'd take that suit over Tony's any day!

GAH! Damn you Bob! You will be receiving a cleaning bill for my undershorts!

I really hope this pans out, especially the Thor bit. Iron Man is definitely my favorite Marvel hero of all time (with the possible exception of pre-brain-surgery Gambit), but Thor is close behind him.

*sacrifices barnyard to appease movie gods so that they will not wreak havoc upon this franchise*

you put it all together i didn't know about the thor or captain america movie also some 'hits' that were given throughout i would never have found for myself.

Onyx Oblivion:
Time to start brushing up on my Marvel. Without tracking down 100s of comics. Anyone have a good reference site?

The Marvel wiki might work.

Onyx Oblivion:
Time to start brushing up on my Marvel. Without tracking down 100s of comics. Anyone have a good reference site?

Wikipedia. Seriously, I've used it in the past to look up superheroes. Excellent info.

Has kick ass not come out in the us?

Ok, I'll be honest - I fuckin' hate superhero comics and ESPECIALLY dislike super hero teams like the justice league, the avengers, the whatevers and so on. I'm not saying you can't have deep and serious stories with guys who dress up in colorful costumes (but it IS pretty damn hard), but for the most part any comic I even glance from such a franchise is just a pile of usually good art, impossible to follow continuity and way too often - an absurdly stupid plot. That and for the most part a lot of stories end up being moot, since in the next series that features these characters, it's either ignored, retconned or just never mentioned.

With all that out of the way - I am completely with MovieBob on this whole thing being completely awesome. Like I said, I hate the fact that most super hero comics don't seem to go anywhere, but having several movies all build up towards another one? Yeah, that's just kick ass. Now if only people would learn from this and start making other movies this way.

...shit, my entire post is just rambling. I should be in bed.

Iron Man 2 should be good. To be honest the thought of War-Machine? Oh. My. God.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here