RP Digest

Pages 1 2 NEXT

RP Digest

Never checked out the RP forum? Take a peek at what you've been missing.

Read Full Article

But, even if I want to join an RP, aren't they all already closed/started?

Now that's pretty cool...i may have to check those out one day.

I still think the RP Digest should've been a monthly feature. It works well with the pacing of the boards.

Not that I'm in any RPs or anything, but I talk with the RP crowd often enough, plus I read along with some of them, like Aegis (no, not the Mass Effect one).

JourneyThroughHell:

Join one when it starts, RPs open up and end all the time. They're not endless things, despite the length of some them. (this obviously excludes the Asylum one that's got a life of it's own outside of its own posters)
If you really don't like the RP you're committed to, you can always write your character out of the story somehow.

I still need to get into RPing myself, but every time I come across anything interesting, it's either closed and started already or it's private. Oh well, one of these days... *dramatically looks up to the sky*

Also congratulations to maddawg IAJI/Adam for making the post with DA and Sky with the SMT game. I feel like reading that DA now, honestly.

JourneyThroughHell:

Thats what I am worried. Its showing lots of successful ones here, but, they are already in progress so really no chance in joining in mid-ship

By any chance do said RPs also include P&P RPs like D&D? Or Paranoia?

Sweet Jesus the Digest is back. Quick question is this going to be something you're selected for now, or as before where people send in their summaries. To those worried about ones that have started already, don't worry, new ones crop up all the time, not to mention drop outs in the RPs.

I remember in the old Digest about there being something about advertising new RPs as well, so perhaps they can start that part up again as well

Crap... I forgot to get my entries done in time. [i]Fffffuuuuu-[i]

Anyway,

Nevyrmoore:

No, this is about the forum RPs hosted on this website in the Forum Games & RP section of the forums.

Well I'd like to try one out, but the thing is , do i need to spend a lot of time in the forums to do so? And also, my timezone (+2) might cause a bit of trouble , too. I mean, if most of the players are from The States, then won't i slow the game down a lot ? I don't actually know a lot about RPing in forums, the only RPing I've done is in games and in D&D 3.5. But my main question is : how much time will it take from my day? And how does RPing in forums even work, anyone care to post some sort of link, or write something useful?

Lauren Admire:
The occupants go about their daily lives, or at least attempt to.

"Attempt to" being the key word there.
I swear, sometimes I wonder if we should just scrap the "real life RP" part of the title, and just go crazy.

JourneyThroughHell:

Wait for a new one to pop-up, or say to the GM of one that if a space comes open, can you fill it.
That's my advice.

Maaaaaayn, it sucks that I don't have any RP's that I can write up on anymore. But it's nice to see all those new GM's entering the fray.

Owlslayer:
Well I'd like to try one out, but the thing is , do i need to spend a lot of time in the forums to do so? And also, my timezone (+2) might cause a bit of trouble , too. I mean, if most of the players are from The States, then won't i slow the game down a lot ? I don't actually know a lot about RPing in forums, the only RPing I've done is in games and in D&D 3.5. But my main question is : how much time will it take from my day? And how does RPing in forums even work, anyone care to post some sort of link, or write something useful?

It really depends on the speed of the RPs that you find yourself in. I was in Lambi's first FF RP and I couldn't keep up with one of that speed due to college and work. However in the RPs I'm in [such as Maddawg's Down Under RP] right now, a couple of posts a day is all you need to keep going.

As for helpful links I have three for you

wilsoncrazybed's RP Guidelines
Higurashi's Role Playing and You
My Own Walkthrough to Role Playing

Holy shit, it's back from the grave. I must say, I'm surprised. Last time this was tried our digests somehow didn't get posted.

But I'll be optimistic, especially since it seems to be on a request basis.

I would join one, but they always seem closed down. I do my forum RPing at the order of the stick forums, sense there are a lot of them and there more organized, but none of my games have come together there and I would like to play with people here, I just haven't been able to.

Sparrow:
Maaaaaayn, it sucks that I don't have any RP's that I can write up on anymore. But it's nice to see all those new GM's entering the fray.

Except for me of course. I'm the horse that just won't die!

I'm glad to see this up, and agree with others that it really should be a monthly article, it is just a shame gathering interest is difficult.

I might check out some of those RPs, bar my own. They seem very interesting.

I'm not sure I'd want to try an RP. I like to post based on how I'm feeling at the time, and getting fixed to a character with a set personality (even if I set it myself) might get a little limiting.

Sporky111:
Holy shit, it's back from the grave. I must say, I'm surprised. Last time this was tried our digests somehow didn't get posted.

One-time thing, gang. We simply don't have the time to chase people down for this every week. As for your digests not getting posted, I received exactly two last time this subject came up. The simple truth is that as much as people complain about the RP not running, too few people took the time to submit summaries. Even when we opened it up to advertisements, we got next to no response.

If the RP Digest doesn't run, it's because the RP community chooses not to participate. You send us summaries, we will be very, very happy to run the Digest, I promise you. But we can't run it for just one or two.

Mookie_Magnus:

Anyway,

Nevyrmoore:

No, this is about the forum RPs hosted on this website in the Forum Games & RP section of the forums.

Yes, I realised that...what I meant was do the RPs on this forum also include P&P RP campaigns?

JourneyThroughHell:

Mine is not

Jaredin:

JourneyThroughHell:

Thats what I am worried. Its showing lots of successful ones here, but, they are already in progress so really no chance in joining in mid-ship

Mine is desinged to have people jump in mid ship.

Owlslayer:

Mine is simple ever other day either at 9am EST or 3PM EST I post a mass update for all players, and they post thier response, I wanted so it could inclued all players.

JourneyThroughHell:

Mine is not

Jaredin:

JourneyThroughHell:

Mine is desinged to have people jump in mid ship.

Owlslayer:

Mine is simple ever other day either at 9am EST or 3PM EST I post a mass update for all players, and they post thier response, I wanted so it could inclued all players.

Tharwen:
I'm not sure I'd want to try an RP. I like to post based on how I'm feeling at the time, and getting fixed to a character with a set personality (even if I set it myself) might get a little limiting.

Try mine, is not a charater, but a nation you run, this way you dont have to adhear to a set peronality, one day you could be building homelss shelters, and the next declarieing war

Yay first billing! Glad to take part in the Digest (I wasn't really sure what it was initially), and I will more than likely continue. I don't see why some people wouldn't send in summaries, it's not really that time consuming.

Susan Arendt:

Sporky111:

One-time thing, gang. We simply don't have the time to chase people down for this every week. As for your digests not getting posted, I received exactly two last time this subject came up. The simple truth is that as much as people complain about the RP not running, too few people took the time to submit summaries. Even when we opened it up to advertisements, we got next to no response.

If the RP Digest doesn't run, it's because the RP community chooses not to participate. You send us summaries, we will be very, very happy to run the Digest, I promise you. But we can't run it for just one or two.

If I could guarantee you that I would give a weekly summary, would that help? :D

Alpha Centauri:

Susan Arendt:

Sporky111:

If I could guarantee you that I would give a weekly summary, would that help? :D

Only if you can also guarantee that four or five other people will, too. :)

Lauren Admire:
RP Digest

Read Full Article

Sorry I feel there's been a mix up, I have nothing to do with 'Shin Megami Tensei Persona: Dissonant Strain' :/ I'm co-GM with maddawgIajI for Down Under D:

Just thought I'd mention that, I don't want the real GM, afrosan to get mad x:

(I think anyway, that's who started the thread)

At first, I didn't want to check out the RP section of the forum because I figured a videogame website wouldn't exactly be the best place for RPing.

Getting over my prejudice I checked it out anyway, only to find that the first few pages were full of non-RP forum games and RP threads that had already started long ago and/or weren't recruiting anymore. Why are forum games and RP games not two separate sub-forums? Also, it would be a huge help if there was some kind of RP directory where you could have a quick overview of what threads are recruiting people.

Finally, I decided to give it a try and start my own RP thread, only to get completely ignored by everyone.

Discouraged, I decided to stick to more familiar role-playing grounds like RPOL for my daily dose of geekery.

Well it's nice to see a few people taking interests in the RPs. Although there is a bug on page 3. Sky14Kemea doesn't run the Shin Megami Tensei RP. She runs the Down Under Rp with me.

And to everybody who believe that they cannot find an RP, there are plenty of RPs still open as I type this, even closed RPs are still looking for members to fill the slots of RPers who drop-out.

Even if the RP is closed, send the Host a message about being on the waiting list and if they say yes then send them a Character Sheet. It's that simple.

Ugh the page is not loading properly, well maybe I should've gotten more productive and actually started the Jack RP, oh well

sky14kemea:

Lauren Admire:
RP Digest

Read Full Article

Sorry I feel there's been a mix up, I have nothing to do with 'Shin Megami Tensei Persona: Dissonant Strain' :/ I'm co-GM with maddawgIajI for Down Under D:

Just thought I'd mention that, I don't want the real GM, afrosan to get mad x:

(I think anyway, that's who started the thread)

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out.

Actually, the Persona RP is looking for new members. It says private, but Afrosan is accepting people. It says so on our first page. If anyone is interested, let Afrosan know.

Sa'Rithven:
Actually, the Persona RP is looking for new members. It says private, but Afrosan is accepting people. It says so on our first page. If anyone is interested, let Afrosan know.

What she said. We already suffered a dropper, and are now waiting for his replacement to catch up.

Sa'Rithven:

This.

I'm totally accepting of adding in new members--especially now that the first party is getting into the swing of moving forward on their own two feet. I'm not sure how long it'll take to get to this point, but after the next boss fight I'm introducing about three or four new characters. If anyone's interested, shall I adjust the title of the thread to indicate a period of open enrollment?

Susan Arendt:

Only if you can also guarantee that four or five other people will, too. :)

We're on board, too.

Nevyrmoore:

Mookie_Magnus:

Anyway,

Nevyrmoore:

Yes, I realised that...what I meant was do the RPs on this forum also include P&P RP campaigns?

Technically, it's possible--http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.124894-User-Groups-are-LIVE-that-means-RP-FORUMS-with-DICE

Also, if you're wondering how a diceless forum RP is run... This RP Digest article contains links to the RPs described therein. Srsly.

If I ever get my RP off the ground I'd be more than happy to write weekly updates for the digest.

Maybe I should try relaunching it sometime soon. My real-life D&D group broke up some time ago and the only other RPG I'm in at the moment is moving at a snail's pace, so I could use the mental exercise.

Just to gauge interest: If anyone who reads this is interested in a roleplaying game like this one, or even if you've got a good suggestion for a different one, send me a message.

Hurr Durr Derp:
If I ever get my RP off the ground I'd be more than happy to write weekly updates for the digest.

Maybe I should try relaunching it sometime soon. My real-life D&D group broke up some time ago and the only other RPG I'm in at the moment is moving at a snail's pace, so I could use the mental exercise.

Just to gauge interest: If anyone who reads this is interested in a roleplaying game like this one, or even if you've got a good suggestion for a different one, send me a message.

Maybe if you change it to say (Open) instead on (accepting sign ups)? Open seems to be a more common phrase people use around here when looking for joiners.

Rosen2012:

Hurr Durr Derp:

Maybe if you change it to say (Open) instead on (accepting sign ups)? Open seems to be a more common phrase people use around here when looking for joiners.

I actually avoided that on purpose, because to me 'open' suggests 'anyone can join at any moment'. I wanted it to be clear that people need to sign up with me before they could start playing. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the use of the word 'open', though...

Hurr Durr Derp:

Rosen2012:

Hurr Durr Derp:

I actually avoided that on purpose, because to me 'open' suggests 'anyone can join at any moment'. I wanted it to be clear that people need to sign up with me before they could start playing. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the use of the word 'open', though...

Well just under in your first post, explain that you want people to PM you for acceptance before you put up their profile. Anyone who post a profile in the board redirect them for consideration. I'm in the SMT game. Our listing says (Private) but the opening post explains its join by PM to the GM only. If I wasn't already in two different games (One a whole other board) I'd join.

Good luck.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or