Stolen Pixels #185: Bayonetta

Pages PREV 1 2

I'm with Shamus on this. I don't see anything attractive about Beyonetta. She just looks weird to me, like random body parts put together.

who is this tali and how does she or he? have relationship to bayonetta?

nagi:

Scrythe:
At first, I read that as Taki and nodded my head in agreement.

That is, until I realized you meant the freaking mutant from Mass Effect.

Heresay...

or....

http://cerberus-network.xf.cz/web/tali_cz_big.jpg

You sir, are my hero :), best rendition of Tali I've seen yet.

OT: Yeah, the whole over the top booty cam really turned me off of Bayonetta.

Hehe.

I agree: Go hips! Go feminine figure! Go beautiful women with womanly bodies and a face that suggests intelligence and a great personality that inspire you to wish for her conversation and company. To hell with hipless, balloon lipped, Hindenburg chested gals that give the impression that all they have to offer is five seconds of animal pleasure on a bed. Blerg!.

nagi:

Scrythe:
At first, I read that as Taki and nodded my head in agreement.

That is, until I realized you meant the freaking mutant from Mass Effect.

Heresay...

or....

http://cerberus-network.xf.cz/web/tali_cz_big.jpg

That is just as heretical!

neat comic.

I saw an old poster for Breakfast at Tiffany's the other day which depicted Audrey Hepburn with the same proportions as Bayonetta, interestingly enough (these proportions are also frequently used in fashion art).

Toothache of Sauron:
Hehe.

I agree: Go hips! Go feminine figure! Go beautiful women with womanly bodies and a face that suggests intelligence and a great personality that inspire you to wish for her conversation and company. To hell with hipless, balloon lipped, Hindenburg chested gals that give the impression that all they have to offer is five seconds of animal pleasure on a bed. Blerg!.

/agree

good comic also!

OtherSideofSky:
neat comic.

I saw an old poster for Breakfast at Tiffany's the other day which depicted Audrey Hepburn with the same proportions as Bayonetta, interestingly enough (these proportions are also frequently used in fashion art).

To be fair...
Is this any more natural, guys?

BlueInkAlchemist:
You're not alone, Shamus. I'm also a big fan of Tali.

I think on the inside, we all like Tali... just a bit too much >.>

Well, it helps that Tali has...you know...a character I can take seriously. I might laugh at Bayonetta's shameless sexualization, but I enjoy Tali on at least five levels.

I find Shamus' comments confusing. Bayonetta is one of the only female video-game characters I can recall from recent memory who actually has hips. And her hip measurement actually seems to be larger than her chest. Most other game females seem to be either built like a 15-year-old boy, or like a pair of basketballs mounted on a broom handle.

Tali has hips...

(damn fine hips, if you ask me)

I wish Beyonnetta was attractive. Then maybe I would have gotten the game. She's just too....weird. It's a shame, I really enjoyed the demo. I'll give it another look when the price goes down.

Be careful what you wish for...

You get the joke in Bayonetta, well done. Maybe next you could point out how silly it was that heavy metal was a form of warfare in Brutal Legend?

Falseprophet:
I find Shamus' comments confusing. Bayonetta is one of the only female video-game characters I can recall from recent memory who actually has hips. And her hip measurement actually seems to be larger than her chest. Most other game females seem to be either built like a 15-year-old boy, or like a pair of basketballs mounted on a broom handle.

This. Exactly this. I won't go out and argue that Bayonetta is realistically proportioned (Though I've heard other people do so) but to assert that she is skinny or has no hips?

The defense rests. I mean, my mind was blown by this comment. Have you no eyes, sir?

Anyway, the game was hilarious, as was the comic. But... the body type comments? Make no sense. @_@

Actually, one of my favorite things in Bayonetta is when she makes some kind of mistake, like landing on the hood of Enzo's car and they focus in on her face, and she gets this look....

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

I'm a fan of Tali too!
It still pisses me off that I didn't get to see her face in the romance scene... Uhhh... maybe in ME 3...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here