Publisher’s Club

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Wounded Melody:

Virgil:
We've had problems with PayPal in the past. They tend to have a lot of customer service/payment problems and are more of a pain to work with.

I hear ya on Paypal--UGH. Why does everyone seem to want to use them?!

Well, so far, I've been waiting *a week* for Amazon to show the cash I put in to pay. It takes Paypal a few minutes, max.

Well amount of money is more then reasonable. But there is again huge difference when something is free there is a saying "When free even vinegar is sweet" and I am all about it.

If you'd asked me (why in the name of Christ would you do that) I would strongly oppose premium accounts, because premium members always give me funny looks. I dunno they maybe think they are better then the rest of us, and I don't like class society. If there is not premium account people should be special in forums by talking nicely and intelligently, but now you must only give 20 buck.

I want to suggest one thing, every week or month moderators or admins, choose user who contributed to discussions and give him premium for free, just to encourage people not to speak bullshit.

not sure I approve of this.
Time will tell.

Great! I shall be signing up to this when i get my new bankcard!

Thanks for adding paypal, I too hate their guts but amazon payments kept assuming I was in the US....

Loving the HD video :)

Srdjan:
Well amount of money is more then reasonable. But there is again huge difference when something is free there is a saying "When free even vinegar is sweet" and I am all about it.

If you'd asked me (why in the name of Christ would you do that) I would strongly oppose premium accounts, because premium members always give me funny looks. I dunno they maybe think they are better then the rest of us, and I don't like class society. If there is not premium account people should be special in forums by talking nicely and intelligently, but now you must only give 20 buck.

I want to suggest one thing, every week or month moderators or admins, choose user who contributed to discussions and give him premium for free, just to encourage people not to speak bullshit.

Only expensive, well-crafted and aged vinegar is sweet, actually!

I can't imagine that subscribers will get much in the way of preferential treatment, insofar as forums go (beyond the walled-off forum). Someone insulting someone else for not being a paid member is just as likely to be banned as someone insulting someone else for no reason at all.

Alar:

Myan:
I have no problem with you disabling ALL the content for people who block ads. I think *EVERY* website should block ALL content for people blocking ads. Even the sites that don't use ads.

Why? Ads can be highly annoying, especially the pop-up variety. When you go to these websites, you're looking to see the content that they have to offer, not the ads that they use to fund themselves. I use Ad-Block Plus, and yet I'm still willing to pay ten dollars for one year of browsing this website without them, as well as for the other benefits.

Am I purchasing this because -just- I want to get rid of ads? Not solely, no. Getting rid of them is a benefit, because even ad blockers don't remove 100% of the ads. Just the really annoying ones.

I don't think you should punish people for wanting to have a less annoying experience when browsing the internet. In fact, seeing ads pop up in the middle of livestream broadcasts (on example of annoying ads) is almost enough to make me tear my hair out.

That's not my quote.

Myan:

Alar:

Myan:
I have no problem with you disabling ALL the content for people who block ads. I think *EVERY* website should block ALL content for people blocking ads. Even the sites that don't use ads.

Why? Ads can be highly annoying, especially the pop-up variety. When you go to these websites, you're looking to see the content that they have to offer, not the ads that they use to fund themselves. I use Ad-Block Plus, and yet I'm still willing to pay ten dollars for one year of browsing this website without them, as well as for the other benefits.

Am I purchasing this because -just- I want to get rid of ads? Not solely, no. Getting rid of them is a benefit, because even ad blockers don't remove 100% of the ads. Just the really annoying ones.

I don't think you should punish people for wanting to have a less annoying experience when browsing the internet. In fact, seeing ads pop up in the middle of livestream broadcasts (on example of annoying ads) is almost enough to make me tear my hair out.

That's not my quote.

I apologize. :( I'm new to the forums. I probably just typed something in wrong or deleted the wrong name.

Alar:

Myan:

Alar:
Snip

That's not my quote.

I apologize. :( I'm new to the forums. I probably just typed something in wrong or deleted the wrong name.

No problem. I've done the same :)

Oh noes, PayPal requires a credit card as well with the reason that the seller only accepts immediate payments. :(
Didn't see that before with Steam, various Indy-games, mp3-shops etc.

darthmob:
Oh noes, PayPal requires a credit card as well with the reason that the seller only accepts immediate payments. :(

You can deposit from your bank account just to fill your PayPal account. Which doesn't take a bloody week, like Amazon.

And the majority of debit cards in the world are debit/credit. You *may* be able to just use your debit card, even if it isn't also credit.

well it say I have given you guys my money when do I get the sweet HD vids?

sms_117b:
Will video downloads be playable on BlackBerrys?

I was just able to test them on a Blackberry Tour, and the videos did work, so it's definitely capable.

Subscribed. A tenner well spent, the way I see it. Lots of nice new features, the only thing I could possibly want now is a name change option, but I guess that will teach me to choose names more carefully in future.

SICK0_ZER0:
Subscribed. A tenner well spent, the way I see it. Lots of nice new features, the only thing I could possibly want now is a name change option, but I guess that will teach me to choose names more carefully in future.

there is a name change option look for it under
profile > Update Account Information > Account Username

my paypal e check cleared, but it is registered as unclaimed. what does this mean?
wooooooooot! High Quality video here I come. Hawt digity daffodil!

darthmob:

Can someone explain to me why on earth Paypal is added when i still need a creditcard to pay, even when PP is loaded?

This is silly.

With the custom titles, can people have the same ones or is it limited to first come first serve. I would love it if it was the later, snagging the Master of the Universe would have been a move which would make me happy.

Archon:
Membership, as they say, has its privileges.

I have never, ever heard this quote. Who says that....? Seems more of a statement of fact rather than some sort of well versed piece of knowledge.

Being pedantic aside, membership is a pretty cool idea but I think Ill just put up with the ads. I would probably happily pay more for the membership if it came with something physical to show, like a tshirt or bobble-head toy of Yahtzee, but for now Ill keep my cash.

Fasckira:
I have never, ever heard this quote. Who says that....?

Really? I'm kind of surprised by that.

Fasckira:
I would probably happily pay more for the membership if it came with something physical to show, like a tshirt or bobble-head toy of Yahtzee, but for now Ill keep my cash.

We considered it, and we could definitely get something cool made, but the big problem is the shipping. Especially internationally. There's really no way for us to get that down, especially at a small volume.

So in order to send something physical, we'd either need to raise the price for everyone to cover it or make multiple levels of the membership for people who wanted it and those that didn't. Neither of those ended up seeming like very good options to us, so we ended up scrapping the idea.

I might buy it in the maybe somewhat possible maybe hopefully nearby future?

Virgil:
Really? I'm kind of surprised by that.

Ah, Im from a small island south of the UK, probably goes some way to explaining why I had never heard of it!

Virgil:
So in order to send something physical, we'd either need to raise the price for everyone to cover it or make multiple levels of the membership for people who wanted it and those that didn't. Neither of those ended up seeming like very good options to us, so we ended up scrapping the idea.

Yeah, thats why I said I would be happy to pay -more- to get something physical, but I see your points. A ZP bobble head though... I still feel that would be neat.

ramox:

darthmob:

Can someone explain to me why on earth Paypal is added when i still need a creditcard to pay, even when PP is loaded?

This is silly.

actually paypal doesn't! (well not here in the netherlands) though i have my debit card linked to it.

and also because it's a subscription. recurring fee's and all that. (i guess?)

Paypal won't let me login damnit! I'll have to research this...

RvLeshrac:

darthmob:

You can deposit from your bank account just to fill your PayPal account. Which doesn't take a bloody week, like Amazon.

And the majority of debit cards in the world are debit/credit. You *may* be able to just use your debit card, even if it isn't also credit.

I have the sale problem: Paypal asks me for my credit card number, although I have neither Mastercard, Visa or American Express. All I have is a balance large enough to complete the transfer but when I click on "skip" on the "Link credit card" page, it just refreshes the page instead of actually skipping...

I'm not exactly loving this. I just always liked that, for the Escapist, you didn't have any "extra" features restricted to those who paid. It's not much now that I really care about, other than the podcasts, but I'm just hoping that they don't start restricting things that I do care about, like the videos. Perhaps I'm just uninformed.

Srdjan:

Any of the people who contribute articles/videos/etc to the site get a gratis premium account. ;)

As long as it STAYS at $20 per year I'll be fine with that! Sounds like a great idea guys sign me up

Probably won't pay for this, I am using The Escapist less and less every day but I still want to support a site I used to use several times a day

Will there be any kind of discount or paying cheaper for a monthly instead of yearly in the future?

Paying 20 usd for a yearly subscription is not much of problem if you live in a developed country like the States,European nation,or Australia,but if you live in a country where your minimum wage is less than a dollar per hour.paying 20 usd is kinda "difficult"

If you write an Android app, i'd join.

Digitaldreamer7:
If you write an Android app, i'd join.

Not to necro a thread, but I have to agree. On Zero Punctuation, I was excited to see the advert for Escapist Quality Web Videos... but sadly disappointed when I saw that they were only being offered for Apple devices.

iJust want to get something straight... iDon't care about iPads, iPhones, or iPods. Get something running on Android 2.2, and I might put some annual funds down.

archabaddon:
iJust want to get something straight... iDon't care about iPads, iPhones, or iPods. Get something running on Android 2.2, and I might put some annual funds down.

The videos also work on Android devices, though at least some of them can have Flash installed and therefore play the videos anyway. But our 'advertising' needs to focus on the things that more people have, so we mention iOS devices specifically.

Virgil:

archabaddon:

The videos also work on Android devices, though at least some of them can have Flash installed and therefore play the videos anyway. But our 'advertising' needs to focus on the things that more people have, so we mention iOS devices specifically.

Thanks for the reply. That makes complete sense. I keep forgetting that iOS doesn't support Flash, so it makes more sense to make support for those devices a bullet point in that context. Sorry if my iPhobe-ism poked through a bit.

(Posted from my Android phone, humorously enough)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here