Game Dogs: Season 2 Announcement

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Nerf Ninja:
So you're suspending people that don't like this now?

Presumably just those who persist in whining about it every time it's mentioned, just for the sake of a +1 to their post count.

This reminds me, I still need to catch up on what I missed. Lost my internet connection for a few weeks right in the middle of the series and haven't got around to watching it all yet. I'm not gonna suggest it's perfect, but it'd be massively redundant for me to point out what I think ought to be changed when hundreds of people have bleated about it already. Besides which, it's amusing enough for me already.

Nerf Ninja:

No it seems they are suspending people who just bash and don't offer constructive criticism. There's a difference between saying "I don't like this series, reason x,y,z" vs "THIS SHOW SUXOR"

I'm sorry, this government does not negotiate with terrorists.

I don't know why it's already season 2! ;/

Nerf Ninja:

careful now, the banhammer is being wielded with great power.

OT: I think game dogs is great.

Honestly, not KNOCKING Game dogs, but I don't like it very much (OPINION). In my OPINION I don't think it is worth it to do too much more of it.

In my opinion this series just isn't funny enough to watch. Especially becuase they're on the same site that contains D&A, ZP and Unskippable. It's just hard to break trough, so I hope season 2 will do some better. Maybe if you try a bit less to be funny and try to be more on the plot line, so you can just kinda work the jokes in liek D&A, it would be way better. Ah well, gl, but I won't rly miss it if this doesn't turn out in a season 3.

Bob always makes me smile :D

Thought the swearing felt a bit... Forced, especially with Bob's very calm and monotone way of talking. I think it would've been better with less swearing, or even completely without it.

I do wonder though... Why are there people who keep saying, episode after episode, the series sucks and should end, and yet they watch every new episode, and continue to complain about it? If you don't like this series, don't watch it. It's as simple as that. And yes, if you only complain but do not state why, it can be considered flaming and is therefore an offence that can get you prohibition/suspended/banned.

Delusibeta:
I fail to see why anyone has got suspended over this thread. It looks dodgy in my opinion. Explanation please.

Presumably they're starting to get tired of hearing that it sucks, and seeing as they're incapable and/or unwilling to make the show not suck, they're going with the more immediate option of trying to shut up everyone who would point that out.

Season 1 is already over? Man, now I can't get my daily dose of furry from this site. Oh well, hopefully season 2 will improve upon what season 1 set.

I'm completely bemused by how many chances some people are willing to give this. That said, I haven't watched it since about episode six and season 2 MAY be an improvement.

I'm waiting for the second season.

I wasn't a fan of the show, I fail to see the humour in it, and if you say it isn't supposed to be funny then I have to ask what is it supposed to be. It isn't a music video, that is covered by Rebecca Mayes, it isn't an action series... The animation style and animated dogs just scream (failed) comedy to me. Again I am not calling it bad, just saying I don't find it funny and don't see what else it could be unless... *Thinks for a moment.* Ahh of course, it is fetish fuel for furries. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Wait...why was Season 2 even considered? Adding "I Hit It With My Axe", the not-funny stupid jokes are starting to make Escapist look...really bad.

I don't know what Russ is trying to pull here, but if he keeps on approving stupid stuff like this, the Escapist may become a Self-Parody of itself.

Someone seems a bit tetchy. I notice critics have been suspeded (don't give me that "It wasn't constructive" excuse, we see this kind of criticism in small doses across the board and it goes unnoticed usually)

In my opinion, I haven't been as critical of this series as I feel I should be, because I understand it was made by the people who actually work on this site (Mr. Pitts and the like) and because they're such great guys/gals, I feel really rotten for bursting their bubble

But seriously guys, this isn't that funny. The story is so-so, but that's to be expected in comedies like this, because it's meant to link together the jokes. The jokes, however, are not there to be linked.

I'm not saying "It sucks" or even "IT SHOULD HAVE IMPROVED BY NAO!!1!", I'm just telling you that it's not that great, and that's my opinion

let`s hope i`ll be good

Wow...

People actually do like this series. Well, good for you I guess.

Please use the time between series to re-evaluate the format of the show.
Jokes need to be presented in a more immediate format, they should not be drawn out simply to reach the minimum video size.
Something of significance should occur at least once an episode.
A running gag has to be entertaining to begin with, it will not become funnier the more times you do it.
I like the characters you've established with the exceptions of Mr.Yee, Gary and Jennifer. It would be nice to see more unique characters come forward in the next series.

So this is not a hate message as I still hope that something decent will emerge from this.

That was funny^^. oh, and donīt kill Bob! His the best caracther.

Honestly, people!! Just a few things:

1.) Not EVERYTHING has to be funny!!! Rebecca Mayes Muses isn't funny, but I like it because its interesting and new. Neither is A Good Knight's Quest or I Hit It With My Axe, but people watch those. You can't judge everything by ZP. Adjust your expectations and judge it for what it is-- a character story.
2.) If you hate Game Dogs so much, why come back every week just to comment on how much you hate it? Do you have nothing better to do??
3.) People who are getting suspended for hating on GD isn't because they don't like it, but because they are needlessly hating without offering anything to the conversation...

That said, I like Game Dogs. Some of the episodes were slow or uneven, but I am looking forward to season 2.

For some reason I have to watch this even though it sucks pretty badly, the jokes are cheap but I liked the concept.

Omega Hunter 9:
I'm rather surprised we're out of Season 1 already

I'm rather surprised there's interest for a season 2.

Thank you people that come back every week to bash this - you're giving it the post count and viewer numbers to keep it going! Which is awesome, because I love Game Dogs.

Lamppenkeyboard:
Wow...

You clearly like it too, or you wouldn't have watched it, then commented on it. Cheers for contributing to the viewer stats :D

GameGoddess101:

1.) Not EVERYTHING has to be funny!!!

Quite true. But when something tries for funny, then it's supposed to be funny. It's just not very funny (it has it's moments, I'll give it that).

Don't you mean Season 14?

Because, you know, THEY'RE DOGS?

And we need to be reminded every two seconds.

That THEY'RE DOGS.

GameGoddess101:

1.) Not EVERYTHING has to be funny!!! Rebecca Mayes Muses isn't funny, but I like it because its interesting and new. Neither is A Good Knight's Quest or I Hit It With My Axe, but people watch those. You can't judge everything by ZP. Adjust your expectations and judge it for what it is-- a character story.

Too bad that it's designed to be funny and a comedy. So far it's been a tragedy, what with the sniffing the ass jokes, transvestites as booth babes, changing every word to make it sound like a "dog" would say it, Beth's lack of personality and saying onomatopoeias instead of making sounds...

animation, comedy, furr-sama bin laden, game dogs, hostage, humor, russ pitts, srlf

I see neither comedy nor humor here.

2.) If you hate Game Dogs so much, why come back every week just to comment on how much you hate it? Do you have nothing better to do??

I struggle to watch it, then Doraleous. It makes D&A even funnier than it already is. I mean, compared to this, they can actually move the plot forward while making awesome jokes.

3.) People who are getting suspended for hating on GD isn't because they don't like it, but because they are needlessly hating without offering anything to the conversation...

YEAH. I'm actually afraid of making ANY comments here, so I made a special effort to be constructive. I still think the banhammer was just someone's hurt feelings talking. So:

- Less crude 7-year old humor (fart/sniffing jokes, dog play on words, dogs talking about sex with each other)
- More life into the characters. So they are not just 1D lines on paper, with no actual emotions, history or contribution. Hell, even Doraleous' Drak, the muscle-brained axe warrior, made some jokes in today's episode.
- Don't introduce characters that are made to be annoying if you already have 2-3 annoying characters.
- Don't repeat jokes we've heard countless times in the last 10 years. Seriously, we are not in the elementary school, we've seen almost all of your jokes before. The rest was not funny enough to be broadcast in public.

Armored Prayer:
Once again Bob made me laugh.

I hope season two is just as entertaining.

Yeah, there will be a lot more Bob in Season Two. We've been listening to what you guys have to say and we're trying to make the next episodes as good as they can be.

Yeah, the banning/probation for those posts is a bit much and against the norm. Don't appreciate those who have respect for the audience and abuse their resources. Constructive or not it is an opinion and deserves the same space as everyone, including the developers. If it gets out of hand and all that dwells is non-constructive opinions then the problem should be addressed to the community.

On topic: I've been watching this series since the beginning. I feel it is a good show of what not to do when developing a series for the humor genre, sort of like a teaching seminar. I watch it because it is entertaining and has a story line that interests me, however there is no real humor in it for me. Considering this is the genre they are aiming for I hope as the series continues the developers grow from their lessons and strive to improve it. Their next project may be spectacular because of this experiment.

I'm sure the site operators want something on here to call their own, a nice contribution of theirs which the community can enjoy, giving them satisfaction as well.

Why do I think that this show, no matter how many people post that they dislike it, will continue indefinitely just because Russ Pitts sits at its shit-ridden helm?

Don't ban me bro.

I wasn't an avid follower, stopped at around about 7, I think. But I'll have to catch up, I think.

Norik:
Don't ban me bro.

You remember how well that worked for the tazer dude, right? ;)

I'm honestly surprised that people wanted another season of this, I honestly don't see what makes this show so remarkable, personally I (and I don't care if some butthurt admin suspends me for it) it's pretty much another Unforgotten Realms, same poor/immature humor and the same filler running jokes.

Freebird.:
Not exactly the announcement I was looking for, but oh well.

I may check up on the series at some time in the future. You know, to see if it improves at all. That said, it really should have done so by now.

Yeah I was hoping the announcement would be there wasn't going to BE a season 2

Haha, suspending people that are making bad comments about your show Russ?

Seems a little fascist doesn't it?

Otherwise another season is too much of a "second chance."

This show needs to be axed. It is clearly being outdone by its counterpart "Doraleous and Associates" and the only time it gets an exceeding amount of comments is because the episode was really, really bad.

Chipperz:
Thank you people that come back every week to bash this - you're giving it the post count and viewer numbers to keep it going! Which is awesome, because I love Game Dogs.

Lamppenkeyboard:
Wow...

You clearly like it too, or you wouldn't have watched it, then commented on it. Cheers for contributing to the viewer stats :D

Like I said, good for you that you can find the humor in this. I can't.

And I only commented on the first about my initial disappointment, and this on my surprise that there is enough of a fan base to support the show threw a new season.

Of course, I didn't enjoy it, why should I be able to state my opinion?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here