Game Dogs: Season 2 Announcement

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

this video has been playing for over a month what could possibly be taking so long!?

Upon Game dogs return will there be pixar quality animation in each and every episode? Mind If I ask whats taking so long?

maybe the creator is taking a vacation for the rest of the year after 7, 5-minute crappy animations. thats why escapist should be careful of what they put on their site, it could be the untold end of the series already where season 2 and all the others are Ur imagination(NOT)!

im hoping this has died quietly. with all the qaulity series's that have ended a stinker like this is not what the escapist needs to keep people coming back.

Norik:
Why do I think that this show, no matter how many people post that they dislike it, will continue indefinitely just because Russ Pitts sits at its shit-ridden helm?

Don't ban me bro.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! When a person gets to be "In Chief" it exempts them from being canceled.

I'd insert some Peter Principle jokes here, but the horse is dead...

God this is torture. I want Season 2 now! As long as Bob is still part of the show because Bob is the hidden secret star in my opinion.

I like the show and I love Bob...

4 da love a god make a new episode already or get out!

Still doing this? I'd like to see a new season; it had potential even if the humour wasn't always spot on. Some info on what you're doing would be awesome.

Episode or GTFO.

Great to hear. I would be watching season 2. Funny thing though, racing through season 1, I have actually forgotten all the character names...
All I know is that Russ Pitts does the dog with the yellow tie (am I right?). I have just identified the characters to what they wear.

Huh. Seems to be picking up a bit, but have no clue what the storyline now is though...

This was pretty funny. Hope this is a turn for the better for Game Dogs.
"YOU WILL READ IT OR WE'LL OPEN YOUR SODAS AND LET THEM GO STALE!"

But I still firmly believe that Bob needs his own spin-off....

So much hate for this show. Why won't the escapist listen to us?

Its been a long time since the end of the first season. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Goenitz:

Its been a long time since the end of the first season. Hopefully that's a good sign.

You're assuming that vocal opponents are the sole factor in deciding whether a show continues or is cancelled. I never particularly found it funny, but the designs, animation and voice acting aren't half bad for what it is.

Okay...I ran through the entire series. Just now.

"What the hell is a furry?"

Primarily? This show's target demographic. Tons of furry webcomics have the same basic type of story and humor; slice-of-life with an edge of sarcasm. Several are actually the same "geeks making games" concept. That doesn't make this show good or bad, it just means it's not particularly unique EXCEPT that it's animated. Flash-animated, decently enough, with good voice acting.

And though I've been a furry since the '80s, with eyes that have seen horrors beyond the ken of ordinary men, I actually found myself offended by the "booth bitch" E3 scene. Not "dear me, my pastor shall hear of this", but "Jesus fuck that's sexist as hell". When a furry finds your anthropomorphic animals to be literally cringe-inducing, you're in trouble.

The humor itself is pretty predictable, most of the well-treaded sitcom variety. Again, not good or bad because of that, but simply middle-of-the-road. I didn't find the Season One "cliffhanger" much either, because of the obvious point that if there's no Games Division employees, Mr. Yee has no need for a Games Division Manager. Watch how this writes itself:

"Okay, Gary, we're outta here...see you on the unemployment line!"

"Wait, what? I'm a manager here. You understand? A! MANAGER! Hahaha."

"Managing who, Gary?"

"Um..." (looking around)

"Or maybe you were planning on finishing up the game all by yourself?"

"Uh...it's a stupid job! Bob here could do your job!"

"Not without a proper transfer authorization and compensation as per Section 3.15 of the Employee Handbook..."

"OH SHUT UP! Okay. OKAY! I get it. I need you LOSERS just long enough to get that game out, so get back to work and get it done!"

"Gee, Gary, we'd love to, but we don't work here anymore. There was that whole" (quoting fingers) "FIRED IMMEDIATELY thing."

"...oh."

"Of course, you COULD re-hire us. You do have the right to put Mr. Yee's signature on anything, you know."

"...OH. Oh, I see where THIS is going."

"Let's talk TRIPLE original pay to start off these contract negotiations shall we?"

"...I am SO. BONED."

Ta-da. Season Two's opener.

Calbeck:

"What the hell is a furry?"

Primarily? This show's target demographic.

I do believe you're right, the entire post. And I agree that the voice acting is good, but the characters are all very shallow. We've all met Bob and Gary and everyone. Chet's personality is fully and completely described in the words "Idea Dog". I grind my teeth every time Beth says the word "sigh". There's no depth. But maybe I am being a bit hard on it. Sure, there are funnier things on the Escapist. Sure, there are webcomics with the same premise and everything, and they manage to be funny. But when it comes to it, this has potential, I think. You know how almost every webcomic on the entire internet has a first few episodes that just kind of shallowly poke at the character's lives? And then later, after the first few, the episodes become deeper and get a decent storyline? I think that's what's going on here, except they're just taking way too long to get out of that first stage. If this is true, and depth is what you're taking so long to add, then by all means, take as long as you like. All that said, I rather enjoy this show, and that's not because of the anthro style. I was rather unimpressed by Code Monkeys, and I believe that Game Dogs is basically what Code Monkeys could have been but failed to be. Except it's not funny.
tl;dr, Add depth, work on humor, take as long as you need.

I agree, there's potential here. For all that I've said the humor and plot ideas are middle-of-the-road, there are plenty of successful middle-of-the-road TV shows and online entertainment.

I don't think Season One was BAD. It actually takes a lot to make me laugh, but I don't have to laugh to enjoy something. If I honestly thought it sucked (as a lot of webcomics and flash series I've run into, furry and otherwise, have sucked), I would not have bothered beyond the first episode.

I think one of the singular issues is that laughing is usually the product of being blindsided with something ridiculous. It's one of the brain's main ways of taking a surreal situation and coping with it. So, once upon a time, smacking someone in the face with a pie was hilarious because no one saw it coming.

Hence the timing issue, and the need to get away from reliance on too many "running gags". One or two often work, but the more you use them the more over-the-top you have to go to KEEP them funny, which can be self-destructive in and of itself (See: "Flanderization").

Playing it straight is a hard row to hoe...but Mr. Yee is actually the ONLY surreal character in Game Dogs. The others are sitcom-believable, but every successful sitcom has its lunatic streak or points where its straight characters at least briefly go around the bend. Game Dogs' funniest moments are when its characters do exactly that.

Goenitz:

Actually I hope they are cleaning up their act. Better script writing and even if I didn't find much fault in it, maybe better animation. Just to tighten it up and make it more accessible to all escapists.

Im waiting for season 2 .. does any one know when it will start?

Can you guys give us an approximation of when the new episode will be out?

I'm starting to smell dead horse guys. I really did try to like this show. I sat threw every episode and I still can't get into it. It's just not very funny to me. I would love to have Unforgotten Realms back though. I miss that show allot but that is out of my hands.

Kuchinawa212:

Goenitz:

Actually I hope they are cleaning up their act. Better script writing and even if I didn't find much fault in it, maybe better animation. Just to tighten it up and make it more accessible to all escapists.

Y'know, I think that's the exact opposite of what they need to do. I don't give a damn if this keeps going--I've watched two episodes in my entire life (well, one and a half to be precise; I gave up part-way through one, which is particularly bad because they're only what--five minutes?--and I've sit through 2.5-hour terrible movies for the sake of giving them a chance), and I have no intention of watching another.

What I do want is for this to go away. Find some dark, barely-accessible corner of The Escapist to stick it, and let it continue for the fans and trolls. I say this not out of hatred, but out of genuine concern for The Escapist itself; there's some great stuff hosted here, and more traffic means more resources for ENN to get even more great stuff. So please, if anyone of note within the pyramid is reading this, know that I'm not just trolling when I say this:

Game Dogs drives off your viewers.

Yes, the numbers are probably pretty high from the 500 fans and the people who troll the comments sections. But what if someone stumbled upon the site looking for, say, Zero Punctuation, and thought to themselves, "I think what this fast-talking pottymouth says is both funny and accurate. I wonder if there's anything else worth watching on The Escapist." So they go to the videos page and click Game Dogs.

Game Dogs would then become the paradigm for 'non-Zero Punctuation' (or non-whatever-brought-them-here) videos. Do you think they'd continue to sift in search of gems?

Hell, aside from ZP and LRR (who I've been following since they used Quicktime embedded in their home site), this was the first series I randomly clicked on, and I was really hesitant to give anything else a chance--even articles and reviews.

Why it ever finds its way into your featured videos page is far beyond me.

Johnny Lunchbox:

Kuchinawa212:

Goenitz:

Y'know, I think that's the exact opposite of what they need to do. I don't give a damn if this keeps going--I've watched two episodes in my entire life (well, one and a half to be precise; I gave up part-way through one, which is particularly bad because they're only what--five minutes?--and I've sit through 2.5-hour terrible movies for the sake of giving them a chance), and I have no intention of watching another.

What I do want is for this to go away. Find some dark, barely-accessible corner of The Escapist to stick it, and let it continue for the fans and trolls. I say this not out of hatred, but out of genuine concern for The Escapist itself; there's some great stuff hosted here, and more traffic means more resources for ENN to get even more great stuff. So please, if anyone of note within the pyramid is reading this, know that I'm not just trolling when I say this:

Game Dogs drives off your viewers.

Yes, the numbers are probably pretty high from the 500 fans and the people who troll the comments sections. But what if someone stumbled upon the site looking for, say, Zero Punctuation, and thought to themselves, "I think what this fast-talking pottymouth says is both funny and accurate. I wonder if there's anything else worth watching on The Escapist." So they go to the videos page and click Game Dogs.

Game Dogs would then become the paradigm for 'non-Zero Punctuation' (or non-whatever-brought-them-here) videos. Do you think they'd continue to sift in search of gems?

Hell, aside from ZP and LRR (who I've been following since they used Quicktime embedded in their home site), this was the first series I randomly clicked on, and I was really hesitant to give anything else a chance--even articles and reviews.

Why it ever finds its way into your featured videos page is far beyond me.

So it's pretty much unsaveable? Nah I don't see it like that. It's just I'm going to compare this to G4's Code Monkeys. I think they just feel flat on the execution of the show. It came off as lame, and slow and very very clunky. I mean not EVERYTHING on the escapist has to be ZP. Moviebob proved that. Always it's best to have a unique style rather then adapt it your own. You know, so it's not just the same ol' shit again and again with new characters or settings. The problem is that it's really poorly done. The timing on the jokes are horrible, the characters are flat. like FLAT flat, and a lot of the story you can see coming. I'm saying if they step it up, it might be worth watching

Oh and that "making of.." for the secound video was a realllllllly dumb move. Save that until the whole series is done, other wise it looks like shameless self promotion and arrogance.

Delusibeta:
I fail to see why anyone has got suspended over this thread. It looks dodgy in my opinion. Explanation please.

Yes. Expressing an opinion is not grounds for suspension.

come on where is it?

Why isn't this show here yet? Remember there will be brawl? Or doomsday arcade? We had to wait weeks to months for another episode. And that was because despite there being no real budget they manage to do some pretty good stuff worthy of one of those web or indie maker awards espescially there will be brawl. And then there's the cartoon shows. They release things every week unless something happens or something was put up a notch or whatever. But what's going on with this show? I think it's been a couple of seasons not that season things are held by the same thing on the internet. Is the show being like completely redone? Animation overhaul? Better voice actors? A sharper script? Obtained a pro actor/writer? Is the show MIA? Is it a creative wall? I bet it's that. They felt they wrote themselves into a wall and haven't figured out a good way out of it.

Well I'm just checking up to see if there was any in thread updates on the progress. Where's the behind the scenes video now?

Okay guys, it doesn't take three fucking months to start a new season. It only took one for Apocalypse Lane, for example. Can I have a number, please? A percentage, a date range? What's going on guys?

there is a .02% chance that this show will return due to its negative growth rate and watcher approval percentage.

After watching some of the back episodes...and giving up 10 seconds into each one. I hope to god this show is dead and buried and the creators behind this idea are at comi-con. Id like to punch each and every one of you in person, as well as tell you what i think in person. Enough of this sissy online back and forth. Its only a short jump from camp pendleton.

Calbeck:
-snipped for spoilers!!-

Ta-da. Season Two's opener.

Yeah. Pretty much this.

Legion:
I cannot fathom why people who claim to dislike this show continue to go into every forum about it in order to state that fact.

Doesn't anybody have anything better to do?

A couple reason:

1) In hopes that the series will be dropped and replaced by something better.
2) Trying to get the series dropped because they feel it devalues the escapist.
3) In hopes that criticizing it will force it to push towards being better.

I'm not a fan of the show, but I must admit... I'm a fan of reading people viciously tear this show apart. It's pretty funny, but I'm sure it must really tear apart Russ and any real fans of the show.

Maybe season 2 could break the 4th wall and be fights between the non-fans and the creators... Now THAT I could get in to.

Ugh. More Gamedogs. Yeah. I'm trying to avoid the rest of the trolling "gaydogs r teh suxxorz!!111!!" mentality, but come on. Escapist: If you have the resources to promote such brilliant shows as Yahtzee, Unskippable, and the hilarious Doraleous, you should have higher standards than this tripe.

1. Dog puns are not funny. Oh! They're dogs! I get it! LOL!
2. A gaming context does not make this relevant to gamers. Doraleous makes no pretenses towards gaming other than archetypes, and that show is effing funny.
3. The drawing is okay, the animation is acceptable, but no lulz are to be had from gamedogs. Apocalypse Lane pwned GD in that category.
4. Hate to rip on what obviously took a lot of guys a lot of work (none of which is funny) but you guys ARE NOT COMEDIANS! Use your art to promote someone who's actually funny!
5. Ah, screw it Gaydogs r teh suxxxorz!!!!1111!!

El pup:

Legion:
I cannot fathom why people who claim to dislike this show continue to go into every forum about it in order to state that fact.

1) Nobody is forced to watch the show and its is free so that argument is invalid. It's the creators site and they can whatever the hell they like up there.

2) That's just rude and egotistical. Considering the creator of this show is one of the staff members of this site, I think it is up to them to decide whether it belongs here.

3) About 1/10 people who criticise the show do so in a way that could actually help improve it. People such as Furburt who give long posts on problems and improvements are being fair, those who just go into every single thread relating to the topic to say it sucks are not.

Legion:

El pup:

Legion:

1) Nobody is forced to watch the show and its is free so that argument is invalid. It's the creators site and they can whatever the hell they like up there.

2) That's just rude and egotistical. Considering the creator of this show is one of the staff members of this site, I think it is up to them to decide whether it belongs here.

3) About 1/10 people who criticise the show do so in a way that could actually help improve it. People such as Furburt who give long posts on problems and improvements are being fair, those who just go into every single thread relating to the topic to say it sucks are not.

I never said whether it was right or wrong... only offered an explination to your original comment.
I actually agree with you for the most part (I don't think just because a staffer makes the show doesn't mean it truly belongs), I've never liked the show but it is one of those thing where I have NEVER liked it so what is the point of criticizing it since I've only chose to watch 3 episodes? It's sort of like criticizing a Ford pinto, everyone already knows whats wrong with it so whats the point?

However, this series is unique in the AMOUNT that people hate it. While it may be rude (and it is) for people tear it to shreds EVERY time, it's amusing in the same way Jerry Springer is amusing.

The closest I ever came to game dogs was before the show came out and they had that little chihuahua complaining about how everyone was ripping on it before it even came out.

I damn near pissed my pants at that, and because of this one short actually bothered to watch 3 full episodes hoping it would be as great as my initial impression. To say the least I was disapointed, therefor I stopped watching. I did keep reading the forums for "Game Dogs" though because the level of hatred people have for this show is so extreme it's hilarious.

This show has served me in entertainment not in an intentional, but unintentional way. My thought is if Russ Pitts really wanted to salvage a project that he's putting his heart and soul into he should incorperate some of the hatred of his work in there for the laughs like he did the first time... or hire a new writing team for the show.

Everyone can speak for themselves, but don't simply state that the show wasn't funny, because it was, in my opinion. Not the most hilarious thing I've ever seen, but that's no crime. And I won't be too cut up if it doesn't return for the promised second season, just disappointed. It seemed to be heading...well, somewhere. Potentially somewhere cool. *shrug* Guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything else happens.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here