Review: Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mystery of Little Riddle

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Seems... Interesting, to say the least. Not quite sure to make of the funny though, from what i saw in the video itself, there was none to be had... Except for the priest though. And the puzzles seem too simple. o.o Does it have atleast a moderate difficulty curve?

Zahri:
Seems... Interesting, to say the least. Not quite sure to make of the funny though, from what i saw in the video itself, there was none to be had... Except for the priest though. And the puzzles seem too simple. o.o Does it have atleast a moderate difficulty curve?

Depends entirely on how good you are at puzzles, really. Some are real stumpers, others you'll just breeze on through. And the mysteries, as I said, are super easy.

As for the humor, it's not something that's obvious from just a second here and there. You kind of have to absorb the entire thing. But if you found the vicar funny, you'll find the rest of the game funny.

So let's see, we get the monocled "Murhdurh" line right off the bat, a twisted priest who must be watching this season of Lost (what with sunken islands and such) and goofy graphics. It's a rental at the very least. Do they still rent games? It's been like 5 years since I've done that.

Yeah, ive played this. Cute little multiplatyer feature too which is great for parties involving drinkeness.

So quaint, and sterotypically British lol

Moriarty70:
So let's see, we get the monocled "Murhdurh" line right off the bat, a twisted priest who must be watching this season of Lost (what with sunken islands and such) and goofy graphics. It's a rental at the very least. Do they still rent games? It's been like 5 years since I've done that.

O.O I was quoted by Susan Arendt on the escapist! ;.; It feels as though I've been touched by a GOD -cries tears of joy-

That being said, i suppose it may be worth a rental, but I'm too lazy to see what it's on. ^^

Moriarty70:
a twisted priest who must be watching this season of Lost (what with sunken islands and such)

This makes me very sad. It's subtle, but it's a pretty awesome reference when you realize what it is. It's definitely not Lost though.

Huh...
Actually... this does sound interesting... not so much for the gameplay... but... that priest... it sounded like he was trying to set up a branch of the Esoteric Order of Dagon in whatever town the game takes place in.

EDIT:
Which is hilarious.

Slycne:

Moriarty70:
a twisted priest who must be watching this season of Lost (what with sunken islands and such)

This makes me very sad. It's subtle, but it's a pretty awesome reference when you realize what it is. It's definitely not Lost though.

To be fair, this is the first time I've even heard of the game, have Lost on the brain, and meant it as a positive thing as oddball characters have been enough to sell me on games before. Anyone else remember the most recent Bard's Tale? The interplay between Elwes and Jay alone was a blast.

Zahri:

Moriarty70:

O.O I was quoted by Susan Arendt on the escapist! ;.; It feels as though I've been touched by a GOD -cries tears of joy-

That being said, i suppose it may be worth a rental, but I'm too lazy to see what it's on. ^^

Whelp, I'm boned. Looks like it's a PSN game. I'll just have to stick with my talking dog and antropomorphized rabbity thingy.

Looks very interesting... I like the presentation of it all.

Looks interesting and funny, but darn it's episodic. I don't want a future commitment or spend more money in it to know how it unfolds. Hmm... I will have to ponder it since I trust the Nerd Queen's reviews

Susan Arendt What does it play on?

There I told my head shrink I'd talk to a woman and I did. That didn't come off creepy at all.

Slycne:

Moriarty70:

I'm not sure, but to me it seems that the game is trying to hint that the priest is some sort of Cthulhu-worshiper. I played Call of Cthulhu and kind of remember something like that, but i may be wrong.

And also, the game looks fun.

CURSE YOU PS3 EXCLUSIVITY!

I want this game so much, why oh why did I choose the 360? I don't even like Halo!

(Oh yeah, it was cheaper at the time...)

It's like a cartoony version of Midsomer Murders meets Hot Fuzz. I approve.

I'll have to blackmail persuade my brother to get it so that I can go on it when I go over to his place. It's such a shame that it's not on XBLA, I've been wanting to play a decent puzzle game for a while now, instead of the constant stream of shooters.

A strange game that actually tries to be nothing but it self... and funny. I might check it out.

IceStar100:
Susan Arendt What does it play on?

There I told my head shrink I'd talk to a woman and I did. That didn't come off creepy at all.

It's a PS3 exclusive. You can download it from the PSN store.

Moment I saw the name, I thought Layton.

And I was right. Boo

I think i like it, though im not gonna play it

That priest must worship Sheogorath the mad god. Which makes him awesome, what platform is this for?

fanklok:
That priest must worship Sheogorath the mad god. Which makes him awesome, what platform is this for?

PS3 only, from the PSN.

fanklok:

Susan Arendt:
It's a PS3 exclusive. You can download it from the PSN store.

Why do I get the impression half the people posting haven't actually read either the article or the posts before them? >.>

Sounds like an amusing game. I'll have to pass given I skipped this console generation entirely, but it's nice to see the PS3 being used for something completely different from chainsaw guns and air strikes and such.

Shjade:
fewer words

I watched the video and read the first two paragraphs then decided TL;DR since the vidya gave me enough info.

Somebody killed Icefrog?

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, oops sorry." That busted me up. Cthulhu fhtagn!

Shame it's a PS3 exclusive. Seems like the kind of quirky game I'd enjoy immensely. An enjoyable review as always Susan. Keep up the great work!

Murrrrrder?

Seems amusing, might play it just for the fun of it.

You know, I downloaded the three-pack on Susan's recommendation and I have to say.

This game is pure comedy.
Knee-slappingly hilarious.

Particularly the after-puzzle commentary:

"Oh look, you've finished. And in the same year you started! Oh, and not only were you slow, you were incompetent, too. Here, this bronze medal represents our contempt for you."

"You've earned this gold medal. Now do take this opportunity to look as smug as possible."

There's something about British sarcasm that just really gets to me.

Thank you, Mrs Arendt.

Well It seems very British and I love me some British comedy hell The Mighty Boosh made my ring tone (guess what song and it's not a crimp) so I will buy it or more likely throw money at my friend and get him to buy it when we all gather and play this.

This should be a nice break from the day to day violence of gaming, kind of like when I got little big planet and declared it my vacation from violent games. That was one hell of a month but that's also another story for another time. *walks over and hugs his ps3* Don't you ever change...

thepopeofatheism:
You know, I downloaded the three-pack on Susan's recommendation and I have to say.

This game is pure comedy.
Knee-slappingly hilarious.

Particularly the after-puzzle commentary:

"Oh look, you've finished. And in the same year you started! Oh, and not only were you slow, you were incompetent, too. Here, this bronze medal represents our contempt for you."

"You've earned this gold medal. Now do take this opportunity to look as smug as possible."

There's something about British sarcasm that just really gets to me.

Thank you, Mrs Arendt.

Mrs Arendt is me mum. ;)

Very, very glad to hear you enjoyed the game. The comedy is just pure, pure gold.

This needs to become available on the XBLA.

Like, now.

how much is the game it looks like a good time but only if it's cheap

Ha, that's pretty awesome. A Cthulhu worshipper maskerading as a regular Christian priest? Why has no one thought of that before? It's pure genius!

Alas,

Moriarty70:
Whelp, I'm boned. Looks like it's a PSN game. I'll just have to stick with my talking dog and antropomorphized rabbity thingy.

Even so, season 3 is out and I haven't even bought season 2, grumble grumble...

mchoueiri:
how much is the game it looks like a good time but only if it's cheap

You can buy the first three episodes as a bundle for $15.

Only for the PS3? Noooo, I'll never know the joys of the First Church of Dagon. I'm all sad now :(

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here