Reliable Source: Inside the Crisis at Infinity Ward

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reliable Source: Inside the Crisis at Infinity Ward

Marion receives some information from a reliable source about what really happened with the Modern Warfare 2 studio.

Read Full Article

Heh. That was kinda funny.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE! *cue X-Files theme tune*

That explains everything.

did you write the CODwhistleblower email, or is there someone else who needs credit for that? wonderful!

It's all coming together now...

Quite frankly, I blame today's violent video games.

This sounded like a Tom Clancy-esqe take-over. Since when did Rainbow Six become Activison's A-Team?
Damn programmers didn't learn anything from the years they spent developing the AI for CoD, now did they? Oh wait, maybe they did. They acted pretty much just like the AI! How strange the way life imitates automation sometimes.

Hilarious as always Marion. With the way things are going at Activision and the Infinity Ward fiasco, I wouldn't be surprised if Kotick was getting like that. Bye bye cash-cow!

The plot thickens!

Great article, despite what little writing you actually did...

But perhaps thats what made it great?
BA-ZING!

;)

Brilliant, hiding the truth in an internet humor piece to avoid the attention of EA was a great move.

I get the "joke" man, don't worry we Escapists will fix everything in the usual internet fashion: we'll start a petition and send it to Bobby Kotick. That will show him. Goons with machine guns are no match for petitions by anonymous internet nerds!

I'm confused, why did all that happen?

Marion Cox:
...My late lunch would instead consist of two frozen hash brown patties and a poached egg covered in mozzarella and eaten like a sandwich.

I've got to try that. Maybe mixed with some chocolate and maple syrup to make it a power-food.

Therumancer:
Brilliant, hiding the truth in an internet humor piece to avoid the attention of EA was a great move.

I get the "joke" man, don't worry we Escapists will fix everything in the usual internet fashion: we'll start a petition and send it to Bobby Kotick. That will show him. Goons with machine guns are no match for petitions by anonymous internet nerds!

And to make sure he knows were serious we should boycott something, anything as long as we say its a boycott.

That was quite entertaining.

AngryMongoose:

Marion Cox:
...My late lunch would instead consist of two frozen hash brown patties and a poached egg covered in mozzarella and eaten like a sandwich.

I've got to try that. Maybe mixed with some chocolate and maple syrup to make it a power-food.

Don't forget the mayonnaise. As a friend of mine would say "everything tastes better with mayonnaise". He will put it on literally everything.

Oh no.....poor guy, nobody escapes for Kotick, his financial "seek-and-destroy squad" hunt EVERYONE down no matter what......and I hear that before they torture and kill you, they make you make a Guitar Hero spin off just to squeeze a few more cents out of you before they finish you off.

Poor Guy

Haha, that was a good laugh. Good article as always.

AngryMongoose:

Marion Cox:

RIP Robert Kaneichi.

That story was half true. Robert Kotick is not as threatening as the letter describes but threatening nevertheless. He's a cancer to the video game industry.

WTF? I don't get this guy's column. I understand that it's fiction, at least I hope it is, then why is it posted as a news article on the Escapist? Bah, I suppose to best answer is "Don't read it if you don't like it."

Unlike some, this is an entertaining read. Even when it's fiction and the columns main title seems decieving, I am enjoying this.

And to the person above me, yes, you can ignore it if you wish. That's why Escapist is offering many shows/reviewers/writers to appeal to a broad audience. I never ever felt so connected to a site like this one.

Was any of that true or complete BS? I thought EA was bad but I will kick activision's ass if they think they can get away hostile takeovers.

It was probably a promo thing or something, but this guy 'escaped' and never found out. Good story either way

Marion Cox:
I was unwittingly pushed out of the building by my savior, a Mexican guy whose nametag read, "Jesus."

That was hilarious. Thanks for starting my morning off nicely, even though now I wish I had a hashbrown-wich.

I preferred the crisis on infinite earths, myself.

Hilarious as usual, You rock Cox!

xI Kinshasa Ix:
It was probably a promo thing or something, but this guy 'escaped' and never found out. Good story either way

You can't honestly believe any of that was true, lol

That was brilliant. These articles are both a clever satire of the games industry, and gripping comedy-fiction to the tune of a Cracked.com article.

Short and sweet (like my penis) and hilarious as hell (like my penis). Keep em comin man!

danpascooch:

xI Kinshasa Ix:

Well if it is Infinity Ward - They make sets of games about that kinda stuff, maybe they wanted to see how people actually responded to stressful situations... If that isnt the case, then that Mailer has a good imagination... or whoever wrote it
Nice avatar btw

xI Kinshasa Ix:

danpascooch:

xI Kinshasa Ix:

Well if it is Infinity Ward - They make sets of games about that kinda stuff, maybe they wanted to see how people actually responded to stressful situations... If that isnt the case, then that Mailer has a good imagination... or whoever wrote it
Nice avatar btw

You have got to be kidding, do you have any idea whatsoever how illegal that would be, like, any idea at all

danpascooch:

xI Kinshasa Ix:

danpascooch:

xI Kinshasa Ix:

Nice avatar btw

You have got to be kidding, do you have any idea whatsoever how illegal that would be, like, any idea at all

I know - Its a funny thought if you visualise it though

xI Kinshasa Ix:

danpascooch:

xI Kinshasa Ix:

danpascooch:

xI Kinshasa Ix:

Nice avatar btw

I know - Its a funny thought if you visualise it though

well yeah, that's the point of the article

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. Good job Marion.

Gawd, I laughed until cried. Then I read it again, laughed some more, cried a little. Then I hugged my iPad.

Therumancer:

'Hiding the truth'? I thought it was suppose to be a piece of satire poking fun at the whole "Activision is evilz! Everything about this mess is their fault!" and "Poor Infinity Ward, I can't believe how oppressed they've been over there! They couldn't possibly be in the wrong whatsoever!" schtick that seems to be the conventional wisdom about the situation.

I especially loved the bit where Kotick puts his gun to his head and starts sobbing. That image will always put me in a good mood now.

Nice article, Marion!

That's about the most believable thing I've read from Marion Cox.
Although to be honest, I expected Bobby Kotick to just bomb the whole building.
Hell, the whole city. Then erase it from history, 1984 style.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here