Rebecca Mayes Muses: Behind the Scenes: The Sequel

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Another fantastic video answering so many of our questions :)

I've been doing my best to promote you to friends i know and in game friends so I'll continue to do so for your forthcoming album. Roll on 1st May.

And in answer to your question I personally would love to hear your non gaming related songs and possibly an album if you had the time and funds to create it.

You know, Yahtzee's actually been looking for some companionship recently. Quick! Strike now while he's weak!

Though you would make an odd couple, what with you being a cheery songstress and him being a misanthropic critic...

Very interesting, well done again Rebecca Mayes!
Always glad to see you replying to alot of your fans.

To be honest i sqealed like a little girl when she was asking my questions.

OT: I can't wait until i can buy the CD and increase my music library. I'm always fond with music. Of all sorts.

Loved seeing the work behind the magic Rebecca. :)

Can't wait to see the Yahtzee love song! I'm sure he'll tear it a new one, but that's just how he shows affection.

I am a very happy escapist member knowing she answered a question of mine :-D

love your work

Well, decisions, decisions. Do I get this or that Blinded Colony CD I was after? I'll mull that over for a while.

I'm glad I asked what you're like drunk, that clip of you in a bar was funny, even if it was only 2 seconds long.

And I would definitely be interested in seeing some non-gaming music, as I'm sure a lot of us would.

So nice to hear you speak so earnest about your art and your feelings about it. I think you're a true artist. I can imagine Yathzee will be flabbergasted to hear you want to date him :P And if, except when he's married, he refuses, he's a nutter!

If you would like me to review your album on Dutch indie-music blog www.ekaya.nl. Please let me know!

Josh_V2.0:

Though you would make an odd couple, what with you being a cheery songstress and him being a misanthropic critic...

Well, I'm not exactly a happy people person and my last girlfriend was cheery, people centred and not unlike Rebecca here, and I can honestly say it was the best relationship I was ever in.
Er, it was also sometimes the most volatile :P

Still... making up was always good ;)

Anyhoo...

Rebecca, thanks a million for the new video- It was fascinating to hear your take on things.
Being a dunderheaded male, it's very easy to forget how wrong games get it when they try and portray women.
I think that's definitely a line you should follow up on.

Also, Imogen Heap, Regina Spektor and Florence and The Machine are all personal favourites :)
If things don't work with the Escapist gentleman, look me up :P lol

Also- a non gaming album would be really interesting.
I think your best video, certainly my favourite has got to be The Mirror.
It went right at games and body image- about time somebody did so.

Quite a fan, fascinating to see the background work that goes into high calibre creativity!

Your talking about the "wall" and how you'll have to get through with it certainly got me picking up my guitar again.

I'm not that good but I constantly stop playing because I cant get the sound right or exactly like I imagined it in my mind. Got to thank you for that then.

Had a laugh when you mentioned your crush :D. Want to see his reaction :P

Wow, that was quite startling. You really have interesting views on the world.

-Torchedini-:
Your talking about the "wall" and how you'll have to get through with it certainly got me picking up my guitar again.

I'm not that good but I constantly stop playing because I cant get the sound right or exactly like I imagined it in my mind. Got to thank you for that then.

I've had similar problems with my "inner bully" when it comes to my writing; the words never come out exactly as I want them to, and I found Rebecca's words on the subject very inspiring. When you hit that wall it feels like you're the only one suffering with it, which compounds the self-doubt and self-criticism until you're falling forever down a spiral of fear.

Time to start setting myself some deadlines.

YahtzeeCroshaw

http://bit.ly/aCxxDa - Rebecca Mayes has a crush on me? Awesome, another reason not to go back to England (just kidding love)

A Tweet from Mr.Croshaw. Well, well, well.

He's already put it on his Twitter. Although the fact the Yahtzee seems to have a hatred for animate and inanimate objects, it might be tricky to serenade him! Maybe if you lure him with Branston Pickle that might work?

the crush thing was quite cute actually your going to have to tell us forumees if he talk that fast all the time and whether he compliments people using similar metaphors to his insults lol

i know its meant seriously, but i got a good laugh off the Yahtzee part.

that was a great video, tho. keep it up, Rebecca.

All jokes aside, I would love to see those two AT LEAST go on a date. It'd be such a nice community thing for the Escapist

Hey Rebecca!

I can only agree, behind the scenes are usually boring 'this is my kitchen i eat baked beans here' documentaries, but not yours. Regina Spektor, I could have guessed... Maybe I can sneak a song of yours into my Radio show.

So you inquired about our games. How about making a song about being the only woman in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and being sick of all the boring guys sitting in their pubs bragging about the artifacts they've found and the people they've killed? Because that game concists 100% male characters and no one in-game seems to notice.

Or something about fuelefficient driving in Racing games?

Well that was interesting!

And I believed you wanted to know a bit about us, so I'll do my part :)

And I would love to see a non-video game song from you. Could be interesting.

Ya know Rebecca having your 360 stand up right like that is bad for the disc drive and cuts down on it's life time.

Interesting stuff, I wouldn't be caught dead carrying one of your CD's, no offense, but the songs are kinda girly sounding (I wonder why).

Seems to be some strong folk talent coming out of England.
Putting something in the water over there only young English women seem to be drinking?

Keeping in mind I'm an Aussie and the only thing I usually admire England for is Black Sabbath.
So yeah Rebecca should definatley break away from the 'game' inspired songs more.Shes already established about as many fans amongst the predominantly Metal loving nerds on here as is possible,so those ones would be willing to listen to whatever she put up.Though I suppose it needs to be kept relevant.

Anyways,I'll support any music thats hand made and created with care and is not just more tits and arse,repetative dance beat,cynical money making for the sake of it,wank-fest that is most of modern music.

Love it... and buying that album no question about it.

it will nice to see some good stuff to buy that comes from the escapist. thank god for Rebecca Mayes to give us that.

http://twitter.com/YahtzeeCroshaw

Rebecca Mayes has a crush on me? Awesome, another reason not to go back to England (just kidding love)

You know he did start doing ZP after he broke up with his previous girl. So if he DOES get with someone else he might stop with ZP all together.

Took me a while to finally be able to sit and watch this. I really loved that you were taking the time to talk to all your fans here. I am looking forward to buying your CD.

I think the Escapist should book you at some of the big US conventions. Maybe PAX, Comic-con, or DragonCon? Any would be a great way to increase your fanbase...

Yahtzee and Rebecca.... King and Queen of The Escapist... Assuming that you can overthrow Russ and Susan...

Really interesting to see these behind the scenes clips. Thumbs up!

It's hard to say this without sounding like a troll, but quite honestly I cannot help but think to myself how utterly egotistical and pretentious these "behind-the-scenes" features seem. It seems like you're rummaging at the bottom of the toy chest looking for something to show off to people and I'm not really buying it. Could we just stick to songs? You know, something resembling content?

Holly dolly! I just realized that Rebecca Mayes reminds me of Kate Ashfield ( http://www.imdb.com/media/rm891002112/nm0038918 )

Hey I'm from South East England originally too =O
I may as well ask. Where abouts did you come from?

What a lovely person.

Y'know, I wasn't expecting you to be in love with HIM. Good luck with dating him. Its gonna cost you a ticket to aussie though.

(Not that you'd really care, in this case).

Thanks for this video, and thanks for everything.

P.S. If you're looking for a strong female lead, and some decent musical inspiration, you should defintely check out The Another Code series, specifically Another Code R.

Distorted Stu:
Rebecca and Yahtzee kissing in a tree ;)

First comes love, then come marriage, then comes moviebob in a baby carriage :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist

well, now those behind the scenes are quite interesting, getting to know that person you see every (two) week(s) or so

and: gosh, how SLEDGEHAMMERRRR...! would a love song for yahtzee be?

and maybe afterward his review, i'd really like to hear yahtzee tear a song (film, whatever) apart, because he sure is good at that! harhar >:)

You've got my support even though my favorite bands are Korn, Cradle of Filth and Radiohead. I think I see someone who appears to have low self esteem and still manages to make ripples in the ocean of life. It's hopeful.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here