Unskippable: Resonance of Fate

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Agorwal:
another awesome episode of unskippable, think they missed a good oppurtunity to use the "and that was the X time i died" line though

Come to think of it, it might've been a good opportunity for Paul to go, "Short game." Just like in Farcry 2 or Bad Company.

I've beaten this two weeks ago

The story makes NO sense. I thought it was going to but it never does

Even now i dont know why they survived that fall -_-

"We're still watching these jackasses falling"

That is one of the most unexplainable opening cutscenes I have ever seen, so we have a woman committing suicide, a man trying to save her in incredibly stupid fashion and getting himself killed and then it cuts to over a year later and someone different. Flat what.

webrunner:
Do they let Nolan North go home or does he sleep in the recording studio now?

They actually moved the recording studio to his house.

I've stomached JRPG plots before, but this one really takes the cake.

That was... an odd opening. I couldn't even make heads or tails of it.

But anyway, nice work, as usual. Especially the refrences to "Aladdin" and "Mythbusters" (thy should really get to checking that one out...)

And was it just me, or did that one guy sound REALLY familiar...?

"And besides, you're gonna break my fall."

Clearly the city was designed by Mark Helprin...

Not sure but I think in that system the downward energy of the fall would have transposed to lateral velocity drivng the pendulum swing, rather than all being absorbed by his arm.

You know, my parents met while falling to their deaths. I was born and raised, along with my little sister in constant freefall. I hope to marry myself when I meet the right descending girl. We have a little community of people living out their lives while falling faster and faster towards the impeding ground.

What the devil!

Please tell me that 1. The less feminine looking guy (the one who can't read) is just like the kid in Sixth Sense, or 2. They're all actually heavily involved in drugs and the whole opening scene was a metaphor drugs have destroyed both their lives without them really noticing or caring.

i think the correct lines of dialog for 90% of that scene were AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH and somewhere in the middle there was a deep breath then more AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.....im just sayin

I don't think the girl at the end was the same girl who was falling, so perhaps she really did break his fall.

lol at the end. He could have just watched her die and soliloquize about how he wanted to help her after she landed right in front of him. So many cut-scenes, so little time.

Best one yet, undoubtedly

JenXXXJen:
I don't think the girl at the end was the same girl who was falling, so perhaps she really did break his fall.

Well, having played it for a few hours...

I STILL HAVE NO CLUE!

Alex The Rat:
What the devil!

Please tell me that 1. The less feminine looking guy (the one who can't read) is just like the kid in Sixth Sense, or 2. They're all actually heavily involved in drugs and the whole opening scene was a metaphor drugs have destroyed both their lives without them really noticing or caring.

It's a Japanese game, I'm sure some female deity saved them

wut, jrpg, thats all you guys ever do (sarcasm)

But really I am interested, when did this come out? As a JRPG fan I've never heard of it.

EDIT: I just looked it up, it was developed by Tri-Ace, that's an automatic buy in my book.

webrunner:
Do they let Nolan North go home or does he sleep in the recording studio now?

I think that is the case. He's everywhere these days, but he's a damn good voice actor so no worries. Also, why is that everytime I hear Soctt Menville in anything he is always using the same voice that he used for Robin on Teen Titans?

Why would the rope break... AFTER catching the girl falling at 200 kph? Why not have it break AS this human missle slams into this kid's arm?

You guys should really do a part 2 of this. Seriously, there's a lot of unanswered questions here, and who better to bring us the answers than you guys? This was the best Unskippable since Last Remnant in my opinion, so I'd love to see it be continued.

Great episode loved the reference to Mythbusters.

lol, hilarious.

I will admit, for an opening had alot, alot, alot of falling in it, lol.

Although, I do <3 Vashryon later in it, hilarious!

Not G. Ivingname:

Pirated Goods:
Lol'd when they started having a conversation while falling to their deaths.

I real life an conversation while sky diving sounds like this.

(Wind blowing while to morons mouth about how the other forgot the parachutes)

See? Nothing.

$20 says you learned that from the mythbusters.

thethingthatlurks:
How...how the hell did they survive that? Why did they fall through clouds after they were past they city. What the hell is going on there?
I mean just going by the intro, the bloody game makes no sense whatsoever. It's like trying to reason with a fish...

Hilarious, of course, but I still have no idea what happened.

I have the game, but I'm still not sure how they lived.

These JRPGs are so weird. And what a crappy rope for just snapping evenly like that.

This was a pretty good one. But all the falling... that was bizarre. I'm going to set out the Mythbusters Signal (tm) and let them handle all the wrong in that clip.

Benj17:

ssgt splatter:
Why don't I ever understand what's going on in these games?

I think it's against the law if you do

its on page 56 of the JRPG law book:

if you actually understand the game from the opening cut-scene you must be gotten rid of

"What did you say? because it sounded like *wind blowing*"

cracked me up while I was drinking tea.

Giantcain:

Benj17:

ssgt splatter:
Why don't I ever understand what's going on in these games?

I think it's against the law if you do

its on page 56 of the JRPG law book:

if you actually understand the game from the opening cut-scene you must be gotten rid of

They actually take you to the dev centre of all JRPGs and turn you into a generic JRPG character, Tron style

Painful process

At that velocity, I'm surprised that his arm was still attached to his body, much less with no bones broken.

Ah, the JRPG. Always nice to see you here.

Ah that was a good episode, I really needed a good laugh since it's monday thanks Unskippable! Does anyone know where the hell they were falling from? The city kinda reminded me of something from 40K before everything went to the hell from the Horus Hersey in terms of over the topness in style. Does anyone know if this game was good or not be sides this cutscene?

I was going to make an Aladdin joke but the moment I thought of it I saw that they had done it for me.

One of the best. Every single word of every scene somehow is joke fodder.

Does it ever explain how the Effeminate Protagonist survived?

haha great episode...

I had no idea this game existed, and now that I've looked it up...

it seems worth checking out just to have some fun with the cool battle system, but it also looks like it'll get old super fast (and believe me, RPGs for me get old fast enough as is). guess the story definitely isn't something to be playing it for haha...

too bad the FFXIII battles don't look as cool as the ones in this game

Mydnyght:
So... If she was falling at 120 MPH at the time when they guy swinging in on the rope grabbed and saved her... Considering the sudden change in the vertical component of her velocity (as in, from 120 MPH downward virtually instantly to zero MPH downward (or maybe some velocity UPWARD))... Never mind the guy's arm, wouldn't the girl get seriously injured or killed?...

You're right, Graham, we DO need Mythbusters to look into all that!

Haven't they done something on the show like this at one time or another?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here