Zero Punctuation: Just Cause 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

I have just officially forgiven you for your ridiculous Demon's Souls review. You're the King, baby!

ahhh.. good ol' Wednesdays'

best description of yahtzee ever!

Not as good as usual.

Yahtzee didn't you really picked your higher brain functions with a pen.

Everybody who get out of inspiration use cats instead.

I'd like to be the first to point out that Australians refer to what Americans call 'French Fries' or 'fries' as 'chips,' hence the 'chip sandwich' remark. Yay, pluralism!

"maybe its a homoeopathic thing."

BEST LINE EVER

I lol'd

Arkhangelsk:
I'm surprised he didn't mention the horrendous voice acting. But still, fun review, was surprised that he liked it.

Yahtzee did mention something along the lines of, "stuffing his herniated eardrums down the voice actor's throat."

But maybe I'm the only one who was watched every single yahtzee video a minimum of 2 times. More like 10 times for the old one O_O

EDIT: Maybe it's because I'm a "icanhascheezburger" addict, but I didn't really think there were too many cat references in it. Aka they didn't stand out enough for it to even make a footnote in my brain. Although I did lol at the "ironic gamer pussy."

That was actually completely hilarious. Even though it's a game I don't care about AT ALL, I still really liked that video because it was even funnier than usual.

And now i'm hungry for some Twix.

Why, you ask?

JUST CAUSE!

twaddle:

Undead Dragon King:
I definitely got the vibe that you gave off from your "Mercenaries 2" review. Just wanton destruction with next to no realism. I think I might give the game a try.

i wonder how all this works on multiplayer, and how are u able to post when apparently on probation for a post u did on the 19th? it kinda defies reason

You can still post while on probation. It's just a reminder to watch yourself, and an opportunity for other people to go to the post that earned the probation and go "tsk tsk".

LOL! So...many...cat jokes. B-E-A-UTIFUL!
So one of these boss fights is so easy that he basically commits suicide since all you have to do is jump off the building he's standing on and let the missle he fired kill him standing on the same rooftop as you? Wow. Anti-climatic, but fucking funny.

What is with the cats this week. I mean in the opening of ENN there was the Meow? and with this review cats everywhere.

Otherwise good review I may rent this game now.

I like this review... well... "just cause!"

Haha! Great review Yahtzee!

That was hilarious. Good job, sir.

I'm a bit surprised that he actually liked this game. Then again, Yahtzee does love pointless fun as is indicated in his Saints Row 2 review and, if anything, Just Cause 2 is like Saints Row 2 with a militarized makeover. I thought he would evicerate this game just he did to Mercs 2, but then again Just Cause 2 does seem like loads of fun compared to that enormous let down of a sequel to a game that was actually great.

TheyTookOurJobs:
I've just realised how much like mercenaries 2 this game is...

It is, but the main difference is that this game is actually fun and good!

Anyway, great review as always Yahtzee. Keep it up!

off topic: the fallen earth is EXACTLY how i would do a trailer...

on topic: no joke, that shit is the funniest ZP in a while.

After the two 'Just Cause!' the 'Fucked if I know!' had me on the floor. Gold.

It had Cats,Tigers and a bear in it? OH MY!!!!!.

Back on topic, i thought this video was silly in that he mentioned several feline jokes and then also kept going back to the pun he mentioned in the beginning.

Sounds like a game that wants the player to have fun, seems like those are running dry these days.

Yahtzee liking a game is interesting enough but who can blame him it's a entertaining kind of game with hook shots parachute dna in your farts and no form of physics plus things get to die.

A little blast from European past. Twix used to be called Raider where I'm from. I'm pretty sure they tasted better back then as well.

DreamingNeonBlack169:
I'd like to be the first to point out that Australians refer to what Americans call 'French Fries' or 'fries' as 'chips,' hence the 'chip sandwich' remark. Yay, pluralism!

That's because in England we were eating potato long before we colonised your deathtrap of an Island, so we took our chips with us.

It's time for the UK and Oz vs the US and Canada in some sort of 4 way potato based death match.

EDIT: OT, there were a lot of food references this week. Somones been reviewing while hungry...

Okay Yahtzee. You've implied before, particularly in your Saint's Row 2 review for example, that fun is all that's needed in a game. Now you seem to be implying the opposite. So WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

Hmmm... that tiger at the end... were those imps attacking you with raspberries?

Anyways, nice job. Loved the bit about "didn't even have to shoot this bastard." And "some people can shut their fucking mouths." Nice to see you're still the same prick you were when you posted your Heavenly Sword(s) demo review all those years ago. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Was I the only one who spotted the Private Eye referance?

Lol, definitely one of his funniest recent reviews. They should create a game show of the same name. JUUUUUUST 'CAUSE!

Thanks for getting me through another week, Yahtzee! I do have to agree with him on this though, pointless fun is awesome.

SilentSh0tz:
ahhh.. good ol' Wednesdays'

Hey! Stop stealing my avatar!

MaxChaos:
Every time he draws his cartoon eyes on real-people images it slays me.

Wait...have you been reading catcher in the rye? 'cause that sounded a lot like Holden Caulfield...

OT: Well hot damn, I think this and Dragon Age are going to be my next two purchases for the 360, seeing as I've played the JC2 demo and found what most of what Yahtzee says I agree with, although without the whole caring about story, narrative, characters or voice acting. Actually, I find it...charming, like a sick little dog. Flawed, but oh-so fun.

miquelfire:
Lots of cats.

Oddly enough, I almost want to get this game now.

So there isn't really a mission where you snipe someone's cat out of a tree? Damn, I thought it was just one of the 50 missions I haven't gotten to. I only just hit mercenary mode last night and I've been playing since launch.

I love it when he makes fun of a game I'm enjoying, because if I'm enjoying it, that means I've actually played it enough to actually understand: I too have been wondering why I can slingshot myself into the ground without getting hurt.

I get the feeling that if this game had more varied and interesting missions, challenges, and rewards, he might've liked it as much as Saints Row 2.

A1:
Okay Yahtzee. You've implied before, particularly in your Saint's Row 2 review for example, that fun is all that's needed in a game. Now you seem to be implying the opposite. So WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

I didn't get that at all. It seemed to me he enjoyed it.

Why?

Because he said it was really fun.

Just cause just cause just cause then fucked if i know with a fucking bear as the pic had me in stiches

Y'know, Yahtzee, there used to be a time when you didnt care all that much about what people said about you. Now we hear your critic responses almost every week and no less in "Extra Punctiation".
Never thought i'd say that: Stop whining!

awesome, i'll add this to the list with splintcell n buy them asap

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or