Zero Punctuation: Just Cause 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Yahtz-man... you hit on one of the best ways to make a game fun. Give the player legal cheats. I call it "people think they want realism, but they don't".

This review was awesome, best one in a long while. Cat references, hilarious lines, and why? Just Caaaaaaause!

By the way, there are mods for PC version. Most popular one is "no blackmarket cutscenes".

why do i love yahtzee so much? just cause!

bad joke. but seriously, one of the better reviews lately.

Benjamin Yahtzee Mana-Bar-Maestro Croshaw, you just saved my damn Wednesday. Thank you.

Not that you care.

Great use of felines, a fantastic opener and yes, some people out there in the wilds of the Internet just need to SHUT UP.

I was a bit disappointed that there was no mention about the atrocious voice acting. My god that's the biggest pile of shit that makes me not to buy Just Cause 2.

Otherwise it was pretty funnee.

aww, cats. this review makes me wonder if he likes them or if he's using them for comedic effect. because cats are funny.
either way, i like cats.
i also like twix, and expect that he does too. because he's human (i think).
(seriously, have you ever met a person that doesn't like twix?)

sorry, but there is one little thing i do not understand:
what is a SANDBOX?
is it some kind of childs-playground,
OR
a place for house-cats to shit?

eather way, it is funny, but each time YAHZEE uses that word i am unshure about the meaning of it.

so, is a "SANDBOX-GAME" a game a 5 year old child could play and win in several hours, or one that is very shitty=?

gillebro:
aww, cats. this review makes me wonder if he likes them or if he's using them for comedic effect. because cats are funny.
either way, i like cats.
i also like twix, and expect that he does too. because he's human (i think).
(seriously, have you ever met a person that doesn't like twix?)

I do hate TWIX.
why?
- JUST CAUSE 2.

*wink*

I have to agree very strongly; this game was absolutely *FANTASTIC!*... for about three days, by which point I'd exhausted the potentially limitless possibilities of the game and had run out of things to do other than the side missions.

That said, 25kmx25km isn't a play area to complain about; if only more games would have a sandbox of such generous area.

Amusing review, and also amusing number of probation idiots trying to be cool. Heh.

Yeah Just Cause was never a serious series. But it is damn good fun.

I liked that review. Why? Fucked if I know.

To me that was one of Yahtzee's better "reviews." It sounded like a "rent it, or pick it up if you're ok with a large sandbox game." We all know why we like Yahtzee, but every once in a while it's nice to get a real review. So this was nice.

Just Cause 2 is another game in the long line of "Screw reality, i want to blow stuff up!" sandbox games, they are great anger relief, nothing quite beats picking up a guy's car and beating him to death with it!

A good sandbox map is second only to the design of the game itself.
It's why I can still play GTA3 and have fun with it because the map was simple, but functional in each different part of town. They also blended together well, rather than the black-and-white differences found in the later games.

Too many sandbox games today lose that sense of scale (mostly by recreating what appears to be the ONLY BLOODY FUCKING CITY IN THE WORLD over and over. You know the one.) and the sense of momentum the player gets when traveling between places.

If you increase the momentum too much, you end up with Vice City and its end game Helicopter > all shenanigans. If you don't do enough, you end up with GTA4, where driving around isn't fun because there are roadblocks and broken physics everywhere.

Admittedly, I thought the title "Just Cause" actually was reffering to Just (Be)cause, not a just cause. I liked this much more because it meant that the game designers didn't really care what they would call it, and when the marketing department called and asked why they didn't give their name a title, they said "Just 'cause."

A funny straight to the point game review with lots of pussy. Awesome.

he needs more cats, at least one every 3 episodes

yeah? well some might say that we will find a brighter day...

If I were the Freudian type I might think the abundant use of "cats" would have something to do with the implications of this Rebecca Mayes Muses video.

Sounds like good old fashioned brainless fun. Should be worth a rent.

Wow, first 4 posts put on probation for, guess what, NOT ENOUGH WORDS. Seriously, that's the most BS rule I've ever heard of.

On topic: fantastic job once again you crazed dingo. Wasn't planning this from the start anyway, still the grappling hook looks like a casserole of laughs.

Sounds like a a good game to get when it's on offer. Sometimes mindless destruction is a relaxing hour or two.

I think I might have to play this one now. And I'm going to refrain from the "just cause!" joke.

Sounds like the game would be fun for a lark if:

A) They drop the price to $20

B) I have enough time on my hands to actually want to spend tooling around yet another Sandbox.

Considering I've yet to even pick up Far Cry 2, which did the same thing but with more awesomeness-blunting realism, I'd say the odds I ever touch Just Cause 2 are low.

I have a cat named random. Why do I suspect Yahtzee now has 3 cats named silent and hill and two? I can't play JC2 thanx to the fact that it only runs on DX10 and DX11. I've got windows XP with DX9. why can't JC2 play on DX9? Just cause.

A tiger launching button? Mewow!

....totally pointless and the word fun, sometimes I don't understand you guys lol

Good one Ben, I'm not gonna buy this game.

geldonyetich:
Sounds like the game would be fun for a lark if:

A) They drop the price to $20

B) I have enough time on my hands to actually want to spend tooling around yet another Sandbox.

Considering I've yet to even pick up Far Cry 2, which did the same thing but with more awesomeness-blunting realism, I'd say the odds I ever touch Just Cause 2 are low.

QFT

ha ha ha that was a good one. Can't wait for him to review Conviction.

I'm a happy chappy. This weeks video made me laugh, especially the hook shotting images of cats. Well done Yahtzee.
Note to everyone else I've played the Demo of Just Cause 2 and it can suck my nut sack. Its a rental game at best if even that. Certainly not one I would actually pay any money for. The fucking around aspect gets old after 5 minutes.
I guess I just like substance in my games.

ares5566:
cmon do shattered memories!!!!!

You read my mind. I was thinking that too.

I am officially in love with you, Yahtzee, and I want to have your babies.

Why?

FUCKED IF I KNOW.

No, in all seriousness brilliant review and there was something different about your style in this review...you very nearly sounded happy? Or satisfied (sexually or otherwise)? Something good anyway (Y)

Loved the cats ^_^

twaddle:
"some might say that's enough. some might say i'm to fucking hard to please. Well some can just shut there fucking mouth!"
"why you ask? just cause!...2"

Thanks again for the brillant review!
the hook shot is going to take me bac to the days of multiplayer in an certain 007 game we love.

Agent under Fire? I loved turning on zero gravity and hookshots on in that game, too bad the maps sucked. :/

OP: I might get this, I enjoyed Mercenaries 2 quite a bit and this game seems to be that plus extra destruction and awesomeness.

This game sounds like the midground between saints row 2 and mercenaries 2, odd that this is just cause 2. All in all though it does look fun, at least worth a rental.

I purchased this game last week, and I have to say that I'm having an incredible time with it so far. With almost no doubt in my mind, I can say that this is my favourite sandbox game. Better than Saints Row 2, Mercenaries 2 and perhaps even GTA 4.

Totally need a hookshot in GTA now.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or