Zero Punctuation: Just Cause 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

I have Just Cause 2 and its quite good if you are bored and want to go Bananas :P

Neat! Finally a review that was just as entertaining as it was discovering Zero Punctuation for the first time!

Looks like Yahtzee has a soft spot for things that purr. >_>

Anyway, I agree. Good game, fun to totally beat the shit out of everything you see.... but not great in the story and buying stuff department.

Item 1 to be written in gold dust by the Pope
Item 2 to be written in silver dust by the Pope's cat

Why?

Ju--I mean, Fu--

Come to think of it, does the Pope actually HAVE a cat?

This was one of the funniest in a while. It's nice to see that Yahtzee is still on top form. I d/l'd the Steam demo for the game; I guess since he gave it what amounts to a positive review (for him, anyway) I should go check it out.

To the Steam App!

A1:

It doesn't matter what you would do. What matters here is what Yahtzee is doing.

And Yahtzee never said that the story and dialogue problems don't matter. He didn't even say anything to that effect.

Could you please stop being constrained by your own opinion?

No thanks. My opinions are too marvelous.

You see, you too are putting your spin on what was said. "I'm the only one who cares" does not inherently mean that it detracts from the experience. It just means that "I'm the only one who cares".

As for "Some might say that's enough. Some might say I'm too hard to please. But some can shut their fucking mouths." it does not inherently mean that he disagrees with what they're saying. It just says that they should shut up it.

Not related to Just cause, but would you do a retro review? As has just been made available again on GoG.com, I would to see you review Outcast: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/outcast

I just knew that he'd do this...

He kinda liked it?

100% copy of my opnions of the game, including the love for adding cats into everything :3

Wow!
Zero Punctuation and Cats!
Two of the world's best things!
And both in one episode!
Wow!

Thumbs up to the review; love the opening, love cats, love parachutes.

Guess what, Croshaw? YOU ARE TOO HARD TO PLEASE.

You spend way too much time caring about story and dialogue. Go review movies or books if that's what you want. Games are about player interaction, not having some hollywood-imitating cliche-fest of a story shoved down your throat.

Aside from that, however, you are undoubtably one of the most gifted internet comedians in existence. Thumbs up.

JEBWrench:

A1:

It doesn't matter what you would do. What matters here is what Yahtzee is doing.

And Yahtzee never said that the story and dialogue problems don't matter. He didn't even say anything to that effect.

Could you please stop being constrained by your own opinion?

No thanks. My opinions are too marvelous.

You see, you too are putting your spin on what was said. "I'm the only one who cares" does not inherently mean that it detracts from the experience. It just means that "I'm the only one who cares".

As for "Some might say that's enough. Some might say I'm too hard to please. But some can shut their fucking mouths." it does not inherently mean that he disagrees with what they're saying. It just says that they should shut up it.

I'm not putting a spin on anything. I'm simply trying to make an observation. I never said that Yahtzee doesn't believe that fun is all a game needs. I'm just saying that that is what he seems to be implying with this review.

There is nothing like getting off the arse end of a six hour train journey up north, followed by having to shop and unpack, than being able to sit back and watch all my tension drift away to Yahtzee's dulcet tones.

why make these missions in the first place?
Just cause!
and also for piloting a not-Su-47 with infinite ammo :P

He mentioned it at the VERY end, but there were a lot of cats in this review...either Yahtzee got a new kitty and did what he did with his '09 rewards when he got his iPhone, or he's got cats on the mind ...or he got attacked by a cat and had to take revenge on them...or, he mentioned them JUST CAUSE!...2!

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit... Mainly because I know how annoying cats can be.

couldn't agree more, specially about the story and dialogue, I feel like I've spent the whole game either wondering why there's so little story or cutscenes and desperately trying to skip the cutscenes cuz the dialogue and voice acting is so terrible

still, pretty fun game

Funniest review in a while! These kinds of reviews are the only thing that can salvage a Wednesday.

Does he own a cat?

If he does, I'm pretty sure that has been a very naughty kitty last week...

Voice back to normal, ripping on the pope and enough "just cause" puns to make my tummy hurt. I'm satisfied for a week.

I always thought the grapler when coming from the sky was a bit of a funny one, made me chuckle

Greay review as always

I'd play this if i could get it for a fiver in a sale. Sadly that is not the case so it will not be played.

OK, it never hit me until now that 'just cause' could be used in so many different ways

rawr! fine i'll choose balmung <_<

I friend of mine recently pointed out that Zero Punctuation had gotten pretty boring recently, like Yahtzee wasn't really into it, and I had to agree.

But this was a bloody great video. Blows the rest out of the water. Kinda made me want to buy the game, too...

CATS!
I really hope the cat motif comes back with future sandbox game reviews :P

If I could make one big modification to the game, it would be reasonable prices on Black Market items.

Say you drive a car through a water tower. Then you get about $3,000 dollars.

You can buy a glock with that right? FUCK NO! A pistol costs $20,000 to buy off of the deliverance guy who stumbled his way onto a helicopter.

The inflation gets worse and worse, yet the game is still fun as hell.

I played this at a friends house, and GOD I hate the flying controls. Crashing a plane into a mountain does get old after about 5 times. Especially if you were actually trying to fly the damn things.

Spot fucking on Yahtzee, this game is about as meaningful and entertaining as a can of farts.

PhiMed:
Huh... game I'm no interested in at all. Maybe he'll hilariously rip it apart.

(watches)

Huh... still not interested, and now I'm also not entertained. Way to break an awesome streak, Ben.

Troll translation:

Ben didn't agree with me, I don't like this game wah wah wah.

Anyway, another great review yahtzee, maybe the best since borderlands.

I don't know why my favourite part of this video was the lovely drawn Koenigsegg.

Anyway, been a while since a video as good as this one. Cheers.

This is probably one of the better games to just run around and cause wanton destruction. As Yhatzee said, the enemies have the survival instincts of a chip sandwich.

I'll tell you what, that Chip sandwich responsible for flattening those two run-of-the-mill soldiers looks rather tasty.
But I think it's a bit to heavy to consume healthily.
*ahem*
To be honest, all I ever saw of Just Cause 2 in terms of footage was people messing about and having hilarious moments, so that might just be 89.7% of the game.

This has got to be on my top five favorites he has done. Good job, once again! It helps me through the week!

Huh, I thought he was going to do splinter cell. Still good

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or