Zero Punctuation: Just Cause 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Its always amazing how much hate he uses to show his love :)

Wow, now that's post-modern. Just... Wow?

I wanted to post a topic *fart* but due to the fat *typo "fact"* that I'm new to the escrapist I couldn't find out how TO! Fortunately I found this "TOPIC"(?)*pause with facepalming* and will hence forth be doing much non facepalming for review I've just watch on just cause 2! I had been feeling of late that Ya*gone for poo**10minutes later* thzee had lost a little something something! This review however restored all my faith in the cork hat wearing pom!

Funniest episode in a while, lots of cats to.

Why? Just Cause!

Well-written AND humorous. No wonder he gets paid the big Escapist bucks to do this on a weekly basis.

Seriously, this was pretty fucking funny.

One more awsome-totaly-non/slightly-realistic thing is that the Silver Bullet (from blackmarket) can takeoff from almost any location: (besides the beach.. damn stones) your local backyard, the forest nearby, tall buildnings, oh and did I mention the "takeoff-upsidedown-up-a-small-hill-in-a-forest" takeoff? now that takes the price :D

Awsome game! :D

At last! someone who said it wasn't that great! you could've said it's the same basic gameplay mechanics as Mercenaries or Red Faction 3... XD

miquelfire:
Lots of cats.

Oddly enough, I almost want to get this game now.

Yep.. I was just thinking that.

All that is important in a game like Just Cause 2 is fun. Don't want to do the stupidly annoying missions? Don't. GO BLOW MORE CRAP UP. It's quite entertaining.

And the world is so amazingly massive they created the entire Lost island. No, seriously, go check it out. If that's not a reason to at least try the game, nothing is.

Pretty good, although I couldn't tell if he was criticizing it for not being realistic or not, if he was, then Why? The games devs have said they don't want it to be realistic.

I agree with the rest though, stronghold missions just piss me off >_>.

CATS!!!

Seems like it's being a trend to create massive sandboxes with nothing to do in them. I mean the system sounds ok, but I guess I wish the missions were more interesting.

Makes me want to watch is review of Saints Row 2 again.

Am I the only one who noticed that Just Cause 2 is basically a terrorism simulator?

I mean, you play as a foreigner come to topple a government because you don't like them. That's it. And you do this by blowing up key government infrastructures, like pipelines, power plants, fuel depots, and nothing things. I mean, ok by the time you actually topple the government, you've reduced the entire island to a smoldering heap.

How exactly does this help the citizens? They're screwed now! They have no gas, no power, and no defenses.

Imagine if you were the other side of this game, your island be ravaged by a foreign "freedom fighter" who goes around and blows the shit out of everything.

But fuck all that 'cos JC2 is frikkin' AWESOME.

Yahtzee my boy, the dolphins are back!
And I am proud of you!
Way too go!

if he ever mentions cats so much again he can probably be considered a crazy cat (online journalist) person o.O

anyways im surprised how quickly he went over the bad voice acting ... i mean its really BAD
but i have only played the demo a few dozen times and not the full game. Bollo's "accent" really gets to me.
Oh and did anyone else notice that the conversation with her sounds a little dirty?

My week just got better.

chenry:
Am I the only one who noticed that Just Cause 2 is basically a terrorism simulator?........

my thoughts exactly! It seems like he NEVER just kills all the military occupying the area and captures the different pieces of infrastructure. In reality He is pretty much sending the whole country back to the stone age!

Well, Yahtzee, back in your Fable 2 review, you did admit that your standards were unreasonably high, so what do you expect us to say?

I chuckled at the cat paratroopers. Don't blame him for not seeing sandbox as 'enough'.
Destruction is great, but there is always room for improvement.

I really liked this one. Love Yahtzee to death, but the reviews have been kind of repetitive and lacking lately. This one felt like a good return to the older ZP videos. Loved the cat repetition. Keep it up.

What do you consider to be a "good" upgrade system, Yahtzee? What should it have and what should it not have?

Laughed, out loud, a lot. One of the best he's done in a long time. Well done.

I spent Sunday night watching two of my more creative friends doing terrible things to innocent civilians and their own comrades-in-arms, and laughing until I was in actual physical pain for two days. Hubby dearest has been playing the hell out of it and amusing me to no end. (I've been favoring Borderlands for my own mindless violence.)

The airplane part was the funniest part for me. :D

I liked this review. Keep it up Yahtzee!

Great review, and it does seem like a game to dick around in more than an epic tale for the ages.

Ahaha, what was with all the cats? :D

Great review.
Hmm... I guess no one remembers the name isn't because one wants to do things "Just (be)Cause" but actually based on the name of Operation: Just Cause, the US Invasion of Panama, which I guess makes more sense in the first Just Cause game and not as much for Just Cause 2. Even then it was called that not as a joke (although many operations had jokes for names) but for PR reasons in the sense that it was Just, as in justice-was-done, and.... ah who the hell cares, people just want to blow stuff up... its a fun game and all Jahtzee said was true.
...holy hell am I nerdy...

Some people can indeed shut the hell up.

Interesting that I've been telling anyone that asks about the game the same hing; it's the faffing about that makes the game awesome. Everything else revolves around it. Hooray for a game that emphasizes fun and throws realism out the window.

sounds like he likes the game hm i wonder should i see a doctor

i like blowing stuff up so i may need to pick it up

So how does this look in HQ? I just saw he button and had to ask.

SO essentially this is Assassin's Creed 1, but the faffing about is fun.

This game smells like Farcry 2 for some reason...

Ah man I gotta hand it to you, the first vid i've shown my brother in this series happend to be the best one you've done in quite a while. Thank you, you crazy crazy basturd.

I think you should be nominated for the nobel peace prize!

Runic:
Great review.
Hmm... I guess no one remembers the name isn't because one wants to do things "Just (be)Cause" but actually based on the name of Operation: Just Cause, the US Invasion of Panama, which I guess makes more sense in the first Just Cause game and not as much for Just Cause 2. Even then it was called that not as a joke (although many operations had jokes for names) but for PR reasons in the sense that it was Just, as in justice-was-done, and.... ah who the hell cares, people just want to blow stuff up... its a fun game and all Jahtzee said was true.
...holy hell am I nerdy...

I have no idea what your talking about but yes, yes you are!

I was expecting this review to discourage me from buying this game. But I think the opposite happened.

Just..... wow.

Naturally, cats and sandboxes go hand in hand.

The title gag got old fast though.

Is he making it sound more fun thatn it really is?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here