Unskippable: Zoids Assault

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Seneschal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVvmQVnpNw
UGH the game looks hideous. It's like Front Mission, which was actually awesome (but old as dirt), only more confusing and with KITTY MECHA. Dear god...

The end of that video was someone saying "what the hell just happened"

I couldn't agree more.

fanklok:

snowfox:

Seneschal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVvmQVnpNw
UGH the game looks hideous. It's like Front Mission, which was actually awesome (but old as dirt), only more confusing and with KITTY MECHA. Dear god...

I asked the same thing as the guy in the video when I watched that.

"What the hell just happened?"

That and wow that really sets me back, they used an Alarm sound half way through in that video that was a sound affect to a sega CD game back in the day... Wow....

Actually that video made perfect sense to me, it's a turn based strategy game. What looks like a poor attempt at one but turn based strategy non the less.

I don't mind TBS.. Infact I love it.. I would probably not play that one though >.>

Fox242:

JaredXE:
So where were the Zoids?

LIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I was thinking. How in the hell can something based off of Zoids be so damn boring?

I've heard the actual game is pretty terrible too. Turn based stradegy or something. It's too bad because Zoids are awesome. Need to have a western company make a Zoids game. Then it would be a Mech action game, not a Japanese still-image text-based turn based stradegy puke fest.

"Did you just put a book in the 360?"

I gotta admit, I expected more out of an opening for a game based on a anime that involved giant robots beating on each other. It's like if an opening for a Gundam game was done in the style of a silent movie...good job with the jokes, but this opening was dull.

Very boring, both the video and the 'funny' commentators.

Did you guys do this one as a challenge? Man, that was so boring. Are you sure it's for the 360 and not for the N64? Maybe you got confused with the numbers? The N64 had an A button as well.

Your work was excellent, as usualy. I liked how you had to provide the courtroom mumbling because the game didn't. Although you didn't mention anything about the brilliant line 'Whatever, spy!'... son, I am disappoint.

Mydnyght:

Formica Archonis:
Wow. That droning voice - it's like Michelle Ruff had a kid and the father was a Speak & Spell.

Why, thank you, Formica. Now I'm going to have nightmares involving one of my favorite English-dub voice actresses and a Speak & Spell.

Well, I wasn't thinking about it like THAT. But now I am. Damn it, we managed to skeeve each other out!

Mydnyght:
That said, yeah, there was probably no better way to describe Ms. Van Clyft's voice than how you put it.

I'm surprised Graham and Paul even attempted this one. It's an onscreen infodump, followed by another infodump, followed by an infodump, then some pathetic token stab at making a real cutscene, then infodump, infodump, infodump.

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice...

A weapon to use against their enemies? Those crafty bastards!

Not to be mentioned outside these doors. I'm looking at you Ted.

Gasp! Wait no, that name means absolutely nothing to me.

And to understand the backstory for the backstory please see the attached supplement.

Wow, that has to be one of the most boring cutscenes ever! There was just a lot of text for about the first half, and boring talk for the rest. That's just painful.

Professor X is extremely disappointed.

Who told you to use this intro sequence? Whoever it was, they don't get to make choices any more. Not even their choice in sandwich.

Wow... worst intro ever. Couldn't imagine watching this without rifttracks... I mean unskippable.

Catkid906:
Damn that game looks TERRIBLE!

Yes it does.

Worst. Cutscene. EVER!

Woah, if it wasn't for those two annoying guys talking, this cut scene would have put me to sleep faster then my chemistry professor.

Just kidding, you two aren't annoying. Great job, you two can really brighten the worst cutscene ever.

Ye gods, that was dull. No offense to Graham and Paul, you guys did well, but just like in the original MST3k there are times when the content is so poor that nothing the commenters do can salvage it.

I'd think a game about Zoids might want to actually have some in the opening.

The intro to unskippable was more entertaining than the cutscene even after I heard the opening music dozens of times. Great work though on the episode.

wow that was probably the most boring vid i have seen so far...Paul and Graham tried to be funny and were ok but i dont think anything could have made the cut scene interesting...

"Yay, second guy, screw you first guy!"

"Metal Gear!"

Using a superweapon against your enemies? Now that's just plain crazy talk!

jesus fucking christ when i saw the word zoids i actually got a little excited cos of how awesome that show was.... i don't think i have ever been so disappointed in my life.... ever.....

God I could not even finish that watching this cutscene, so terrible... Funny episode with what you did I mean, but the cutscene itself was so boring I couldnt watch.

Catkid906:

Calumon: I thought the three year war would go on for 5 years, 8 tops!

Hmm...they're changing...Calumons didn't use to be like this...

That looks like on of the old timey text adventures like in Strong Bad's dungeon keeper.

Zoinks, Kind of makes it look like you're 'dizzin' your own intro (Wich by the way is one of the few i havent grown sick of yet).

That was the worst cutscene ever.
And not a single friggin' Zoid to be found!

So they sent you cheesy intros, the worst they could find...

Zoids Assault? More like Zork Assault.

Seriously, the Lee Van Cleef reference just moved Graham and Paul way up the list for me. Nice job.

Wow, that was possibly the worst cutscene you guys've done yet. Simply terrible. Wow.

Haha. Here's one for everyone who thought the Resonance of Fate intro cutscene was bad.

Still, there's gotta be a worse one out there than even this.

G Skunk:
Haha. Here's one for everyone who thought the Resonance of Fate intro cutscene was bad.

I hear you, man. That Resonance of Fate cutscene may have been bizarre, but at least it was SOMETHING.
This one, however... text and silence, text and silence, text and silence...then still drawings and a BORING speech...Yeah, this one was far worse than that of RoF.

This video was so god damn boring,that even you guys didn't manage to make it fun :o

*GGGGRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Dear God, that was the most awful game intro I've ever seen. It's a pity that Zoids games can't seem to live up to their potential.

I'm usually pretty patient when it comes to endless and often droll storytelling prior and during a game.. But this was just a total snooze fest. I can't help but wonder if it stands up there as the dullest lol

Although it'd be a treat to see the entirety of this game done by Graham and Paul. Kudos once again, fellas :p

You boys normally have such a great segment here. This was a dull choice of a game, no matter how unskippable the scene was... unskippable and absolutely intollerable. Kudos for slugging through it. You boys really played with what little matterial you had, but this is not an episode I will be returning to. I look forward to next week as always, reguardless. ;)

("Metal Gear?!" was the highlight. :D)

What an INSANELY BORING intro! Seriously, just the first few screens of text would have caused me to ditch this game, and then comes the super-lazy sketch-art cutscenes Oo. *shiver* So glad I will never have to play this game.

What a terrible opening cutscene--they must have really had to work to try and wring something funny out of that one.

Hubilub:
Western badass and a doctor.

Cleef, you are the motherfucking man!

Somehow I was waiting for a joke refering to the Defias brotherhood.

Nice work guys thou the video is really lame and boring, seems the developers didnt even tried and asked a group of teenager to come up with it. Seems like an introduction to a flash game (the diference being flash games have more color and more sound and more boobs).

And why would maroll apologise jamil, jamil attacked first. Sorry guys for responding in self defense and butchering millions of you and cause billions of petasas in damage (any idea how much is 1 petasa worth in euros or US dollars these days?!)

Spiner909:

Catkid906:

Calumon: I thought the three year war would go on for 5 years, 8 tops!

Hmm...they're changing...Calumons didn't use to be like this...

That looks like on of the old timey text adventures like in Strong Bad's dungeon keeper.

Thats because... IT'S AN IMPOSTER!

I'll save you Calumon! I brought Back up!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here