The Escapist Presents: Three Questions with GDC Developers

Three Questions with GDC Developers

You may have something in common with these developers at GDC.

Watch Video

Can we, uh, ask Chris Butcher a few more questions? Or just, you know, have him read something...at length...please?

anyone else hearing a noise from this vid that sounds like its not from this vid?

one of the guys in this vid looks like a french version of jack from lost

The intro for soul reaver 2 was pretty cool. I liked the one for soul reaver 1 better, but nostalgia and the element of surprise might be things to blame for it.

Oh jeez, if I was writing *assembly* for my very first job, I think I would have given up my life as a programmer right there.

Morty815:
anyone else hearing a noise from this vid that sounds like its not from this vid?

Does it by any chance sound like music?

Julianne is very cute ^^

And yeah I agree with Matias; Swedish is one of the hardest european languages to learn. Right after Russian and Finnish actually : )
I find it hard and I'm from Sweden!

I'd like to say I really liked back drop which was alot of few geometic shapes and then scratched lines. Colourful.

I also weight sheep :(

Phenom828:
Julianne is very cute ^^

And yeah I agree with Matias; Swedish is one of the hardest european languages to learn. Right after Russian and Finnish actually : )

But what about Danish?

This simple interview allowed me to see the human in all these 'important' people in the gaming industry, and it also made me feel old.

I want more of these types of interviews for all people involved in the gaming business! This was a breath of fresh air.

Maybe change the interviewer, (she didn't seem like she wanted to be there) but the line of questioning is an interesting escape from :

interviewer "Hi, what is so great about your new game, why don't you tell us about it?"

subject "Oh, this new game is (insert public relations answer)"

Cpt. Red:

Phenom828:
Julianne is very cute ^^

But what about Danish?

Swedish, Norwegian and Danish all sound the same with varying amount of potatoes in mouths!
/me hides in a flameproof bunker

Studying swedish was a total waste of time. When I talk to swedish people, I'll definitely get my message across better by using english than I would using swedish.

Sober Thal:
This simple interview allowed me to see the human in all these 'important' people in the gaming industry, and it also made me feel old.

I want more of these types of interviews for all people involved in the gaming business! This was a breath of fresh air.

Maybe change the interviewer, (she didn't seem like she wanted to be there)

Glad you liked it! I had fun doing it. Some of these people are good friends and I loved the idea of letting you guys see the "real people" behind the titles.

Which brings me to ... what made you think I didn't want to be there?

Phenom828:
Julianne is very cute ^^

:*) Thanks.

Swedish is hard. My Grandpa was from Sweden and he tried to teach me a few things. It's really hard enough for my American ears to get the nuances. I did manage to learn tak sa mycket!

Andraste:

Phenom828:
Julianne is very cute ^^

Swedish is hard. My Grandpa was from Sweden and he tried to teach me a few things. It's really hard enough for my American ears to get the nuances. I did manage to learn tak sa mycket!

Var sa goud : )
That means "you're welcome" ^^. See, now you know how to say "thank you" and "you're welcome" in Swedish!
(be warned that that is not how you spell it however, I just wrote it down phonetically :p)

Andraste:

Sober Thal:

(she didn't seem like she wanted to be there)

what made you think I didn't want to be there?

Phenom828:
Julianne is very cute ^^

It seemed like the interviewer didn't want to be there, after I first watched the video, due to:

Fighting back a laugh/smile, almost like the interviewer was trying not to mock the dev.

Leaning back and away from the person after asking a question, almost as if afraid.

Raising the eyebrows like in disbelief over the answer.

That was my first impression. After learning the interviewer knows them personally, and watching it again, I would change my original impressions.

I have never seen a video of this interviewer before, but I would guess these traits that I misinterpreted are parts of her personality that I wasn't aware of.

I would suggest going for a full smile, and to try not to lean back and away from the subject.

After watching this a second time with some insight, I retract my suggestion of getting a new interviewer.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here