Stolen Pixels #189: Eeevil!

Pages PREV 1 2

And now they have a bug in Splinter Cell Conviction, which they refuse to ackowledge so far, that wipes your saves randomly. Shitter.

So Ubisoft is this year's villain?

I wonder who will be 2011's villain. Could it be.....Nintendo?

man, I just wanna hear a video version of that, imagine the voice acting that could be used =D

Loved it!
But isn't Activision more evil and Ubisoft?

Shamus Young:
Whoops. Because the last Overlord comic I made was in 2009, and I copy pasted the text box.

Admit the truth, the DRM has infected your computer and it wont allow you to make new comics unless you install Games for Windows Live, are always connected to the internet and pay a toll fee for accessing their DRM authentication servers.

The funny thing is, Ubisoft would totally do that!

I don't think Ubisoft is killing PC gaming nor are they able to kill PC gaming. However, with their latest series of butt-stupid shenanigans, I certainly think they are getting a good head-start on killing their own business. Business 101: no customer = no business; thou shalt not piss off thy customer base.

You spelled "contact" wrong, panel 2.

Still, pretty awesome. I think this is one of the funnier punchlines.

Haha, this was quite good! Ubisoft is definitely being pretty dickish these days.

Haha, brilliant return to form Shamus! Got a good laugh from this one.

Now if only someone could make a comic that would make my homework assignment more interesting...

The title of your journal post ("Let's Play Assassin's Creed II: Part 1 of 1") made me laugh.

Oh, and the comic was good, too.

Nice comic. It hurts me a little inside every time I see AC2, Splinter Cell, Settlers 7, etc on top seller lists for the PC. As much as I hear people complaining, it seems these things are still selling well.

If they sell well, Ubisoft will stick with it, and other publishers will jump on that bandwagon so hard you'll need to be online to play minesweeper.

The person also says "I did contect them" when he obviously meant "contact"

Oooh, snap! Great one guys! This one made me wake up my Dog laughing! (He is a very heavy sleeper)

Love those Overlord Comics, always a nice summary on the evils of the gamescape. Hmm, Activision and Ubisoft, who else could join the gaming Legion of Doom?

Shamus Young:
Stolen Pixels #189: Eeevil!

Is Ubisoft killing PC gaming?

Read Full Article

I'm confused what does DRM stand for?

Digital Restrictions Management -- it removes your right to use content you paid for in the way you want.
http://drm.info/

haha loved it keep up the great work shamus

hehehehe, that was.... "excellent".

Hehehe, even when firebombing towns Ubisoft goes all the way in making it a full "experience" ;)

This made me laugh really hard. Fucking awesome, Mr.Young, fucking awesome.

Well done as always Shamus.

But I think you missed something. They aren't making games because they want us to play them, they are making games because they want us to pay for them. There's a subtle difference there. People are still buying Ubisoft's games, they just can't play them. (You bought it, and you even knew you couldn't play it.)

Still, if enough people buy games and found out they can't play them, they will eventually stop buying games. Except for those people who buy them and put them on their shelf just to say they have them. Right next to their nightvision goggles and Master Chief helmet.

This sounds like a job for the Three Amigos!

Straying Bullet:
... I noticed they want us gone from that platform and prevent piracy, I value my Xbox Live too much to commit privacy. ...

Privacy should be committed more often. Nosy publishers!
Just making a fun there, dyslexia is a commune issue.

HK_01:
This actually made me laugh. Very good!

This is genius.

So it wasn't just me who thought everything that Ubisoft touches turns into dogs, then bees, then dogs that shoot bees when they bark at you? (Thank you, Homer Simpson.)

I noticed the Dr Evil reference in the comic. Am I the only one? In this thread, so far, apparently yes.

Mr Overlord, to reiterate Ubisoft:

"You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the diet coke of evil. Just one calorie-- not evil enough."

- Dr Evil, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

This one was rather funny. Nice thing to brighten the day with if you ask me. xD

Just thought I would chime in and say that I never thought I would live in a world where EA are the 'good guys' of PC game publishing, and Ubisoft are the bad guys.

Or is it that EA is just 'less evil'?

Anyway, haven't purchased an Ubi game since the new DRM arrived. Have to admit, it's made my game purchasing decisions easier.

I feel like one of the few people who don't think 'be connected to the internet' that outrageous of a demand.

Ehehehe... Overlord, good game(s)

Good comic too, need to read more of these.

Damn funny again.

But, uh, "Contect"?

Sadder than funny to me. Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake and too many other big titles not coming out on PC. With PC long being my platform of choice and not being able to afford more than one gaming system makes this grim.

I refuse to pay for dated, buggy ports released months after the 'real' game release any more.

Between that and the insulting DRM schemes and I am very close to hanging video gaming up as a hobby and finding something else. In light of the fact I have enjoyed gaming since I was a kid with a Commodore 64, that really sucks.

wonkify:

Between that and the insulting DRM schemes and I am very close to hanging video gaming up as a hobby and finding something else. In light of the fact I have enjoyed gaming since I was a kid with a Commodore 64, that really sucks.

Check out http://www.lemon64.com/ and then http://www.hvsc.de/, there's still some fun to be had. ;)

The_root_of_all_evil:

wonkify:

Check out http://www.lemon64.com/ and then http://www.hvsc.de/, there's still some fun to be had. ;)

Genuine gratitude for the links and I will absolutely make use of them. But it kind of makes my point. I have to go backward in the current environment to find content. It is such a waste to have our PC systems with components and capabilities that no console can come close to and use it for retro or freeware games.

Gaming drove the constant improvement in graphics cards, CPU's, motherboards, etc. Why don't we hear anything from those manufacturers challenging developers freezing out the PC? This is a huge part of the tech universe, is anyone realizing how this will impact those industries? I don't hear anything about it.

Thanks again for the kindness.

I hate to make this post here, but I keep seeing Shamus making references to something called "DRM". What's with this continuing trend to use use abbreviations for everything? I've been playing World of Warcraft since the beta but it never fails, I'll be tanking a dungeon and someone whips out some abbreviation for something I've never heard. Instantly I'm a NOOB for even asking. So could some1 PLEASE tell me what DRM is? Oh, and, sorry for the pointless exposition...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here