Alt+Escape: Super Mario Crossover

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Alt+Escape: Super Mario Crossover

Because you've always wanted to see if Mega Man and Simon Belmont could take on Bowser. Don't lie.

Read Full Article

YAY! Samus!

Metroid. Nintendo's most consistently under-rated series.

Although...she can't shoot a Goomba until No-Suit mode...

One of th best online flash games I've ever played :D

I loved it if only for the fact that I could play as Samus and power her up to non-armor mode ^_^

Megaman works well :D

I've been playing this game a bit: favorite character is Mega Man

It's true. Mega Man is overpowered. It gets kind of difficult with Samus around World 5.

. Bow this is certainly epic! Go go Samus!

they're all overpowered to play mario levels (except mario).

Still cool little game.

DeaPGalaxy:
One of the best online flash games I've ever played :D

Definitely. This game: Awesome.
Seriously, love the concept. Got me wondering, how would Mario fare in Zebes or Link in Transylvania?

EDIT: Oh, and if you thought this game had a tad overpowered characters...

I'm still of the opinion that Bill is more OP than Mega Man. I mean, c'mon, look at his attack area with a fire flower. It's insane!

needs more super metroid samus
also the total lack of mushrooms in world 8 makes it incredibly hard
...and starman should give me screw attack

The physics are a bit off. Super and 1-UP Mushrooms tend to get stuck on different paths than they would in the original game. >_>

It is fun, though trying to go anybody but Megaman in a basic form cases problems. He is the only character that can shoot while moving and the only character that can hit enemies while standing up. Everybody else that shoots is to tall and shoots over the standard goombas. Bill can go prone, but Samus can't do jack until she gets a fire flower. Simon's control, which were stiff in the original game, makes simple things like jumping onto a jump pad really hard. Mario... well, why would we play as him for the billionth time already? And Link... he is actually alright, but his attack has as much range as a toothpick.

you can still jump on things to kill them as any character

Like Carl from Aqua Teen says,

"That is friggin sweet!"

I don't know why you guys don't like Bill, he's awesome, besides the jumping. I didn't really like Megaman, and Simon was just ridiculous. Link was awful too. And it was hard for me to kill things with Samus.

Let me see, Richter double jumps, Billy has his machine gun, link has his sworsd (no blade beams?)

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

Nice idea for a game but the walking speed is painfuly slow. It really gives a nice feeling again playing with Mario after you tried the other ones. He can run so he's the best, by far.

Onyx Oblivion:
YAY! Samus!

Metroid. Nintendo's most consistently under-rated series.

Although...she can't shoot a Goomba until No-Suit mode...

Under-rated? Say what?

Your bound to get Metroid and Super Metroid on every single Top 10 best NES and SNES games list ever. Usually they take NR.1-3.

From what I heard the Gamecube Metroids are also supposed to be the best games on that system. They certainly have more acclaim than Mario Sunshine.

Brotherofwill:

Under-rated? Say what?

Your bound to get Metroid and Super Metroid on every single Top 10 best NES and SNES games list ever. Usually they take NR.1-3.

From what I heard the Gamecube Metroids are also supposed to be the best games on that system. They certainly have more acclaim than Mario Sunshine.

But never the SALES.

That was so much fun!

Samus FTW.

Necromancer1991:
Let me see, Richter double jumps, Billy has his machine gun, link has his sworsd (no blade beams?)

if by blade beams you mean shooting his sword.
then yes he can do that.

just grab a flower.

Mega man is ridiculously over powered. I refuse to play as anything other than him.

This game is freaking fun. I for one think Bill R from Contra is overpowered, because he just owns everything with is firepower.

A damn good flash game if there ever was one. I own the regular terrain with bill and then storm the castle with Simon Belmont.

Fan-Effing-TASTIC.

Hit the upside with Link, the Undergound with Samus, and put and axe in Bowser's face with Simon.

Megaman isn't overpowered.
He can only shoot horizontally.

Huh, not a bad game, I like it. It's a cool idea to put all different kinds of retro characters in the Mushroom Kingdom to face Bowser and it plays well too. I'm not sure who is my favorite character since each one is so different but I like playing as all of them. I think that the best addition to the game is having all of the different themes from each of the character's series, which is kind of the reason why I like playing as Megaman in the water levels and Simon in the underground levels. Nice choice for this weeks Alt+Escape John Funk, it's a fun game.

Anyway this game kind of reminds me of two other crossover games that I have played in the past. They are called Megaman vs Metroid and Megaman vs Ghosts 'n Goblins and are essentially mashups where you play as Megaman and have to traverse through Samus or Arthur's level while killin enemies along they way. At the end of each game, you face either Samus or Arthur which is challenging but fun. If you beat them you collect their power which can be used in that stage or even be transfered over to the other game. They are both really fun games and they have some cool extra features for some replayabilty. Both of the games are here if anyone wants to play them.

http://www.brokenfunction.com/

Yes! I finally played a flash game before it appeared on this segment. My frivolous goal has been completed.

Haha I couldn't help but notice everyone complaining about Megaman being overpowered yet everyone says he's the only person they'd play. Just a little confused haha. Is being overpowered a complaint or a plus?

one of the best flash games i've ever seen.

And yes Megaman is op. And yes, it is a good thing.

I really enjoy this game. It is a lot of fun playing with classic characters in Mario Bros.

Megaman may be overpowered, but he's still my favorite character to use.

This game is freakin' sweet. Bill's by far my favorite.

link... or bill?

I CAN'T DECIDE.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook