Escape to the Movies: A Nightmare on Elm Street

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

A Nightmare on Elm Street

This week MovieBob reviews A Nightmare on Elm Street...if he can stay awake long enough.

Watch Video

I don't think Micheal Bay directing Halo: The Movie would be a bad idea. As was stated in the Revenge of the Fallen review, Bay seems to have an Army fetish and Halo is primarily about Space Marines VS Fanatical Alien Space Marines...and head-crabs who aren't head-crabs...

Didn't expect much from this movie. I resolved not to see it the day I found Bay was directing. Really a shame that Jackie Earle Haley didn't get more to work with. He's been great in his past few movies. Thank you MovieBob on confirming my thoughts on this movie.

Go ruin the Halo movie...yeah that sounds like a good fit for Bay :D

Trailer looked interesting, but everyone keeps saying it sucks, ah oh well, at least its not furry vengeance

Aw dang, here I was holding out hope that it would be good.

Dammit BOB! Don't go dumping Producers/Directors you don't like onto things that I like.

Is there some clause in the Escapist contracts that require you critics to take potshots at Halo?

Michael Bay once again manages to rape one of my favorite franchises.

Michael Bay doing a Halo movie... much better idea than Peter Jackson doing a Halo movie...

Anyway, I didn't want to go see this anyway. I wasn't a big fan of Nightmare on Elm St. but I caught wind a few years ago that Billy Bob Thorton was going to be playing Freddie and I've just avoided this like the plague. I also saw a couple of movies from Platinum Dune, like the Hitcher and I was thoroughly disappointed... so yeah... thanks for taking the heat, Bob.

Sadly, I think most people saw this coming. Horror remakes have a poor history at best but I'm surprised the deaths are so generic. Since the deaths all happen in dreams there really is no limit as to how the kids are slaughtered. Stabbed in the gut? That is just lazy as all hell.

A halo film would be a bad idea. But I was interested in this film series getting a reboot so may see it because of that.

its times like this am glad I live in England, it means instead of having to see some crappy film this weekend I get to watch Ironman2........again :D

Michael Bay doing a Halo movie? Fuck you MovieBob. Now hes going to do it because it'll make loads of money and Halo will be ruined forever. Thanks a fucking lot.

No, don't recommend Bay doing a Halo movie!

Just the very thought of that is making my brain bleed. Not to mention all the fans will go bat-shit crazy.

ACtually... yeah! Michael Bay directing a Halo movie would work. A bad director plus a bad video game franchise migh butt fuck the cosmos enough to make something halfway decent.

Yeah, saw this movie, but didn't have to pay for it! Theater jobs FTW! Freddy is the only good thing about it.

I think he's just against michel bay.

Michel bay i think might be able to do a good movie when he finds his Niche, Halo might be it

I saw three out of four of those remakes (not Amityville Horror), and out of all of them, The Hitcher was most horrible movie. I hated it! That and the sequel on SyFy.

WHAT! Molesting children? Why!? Like Friday the 13th remake, I'll wait until this comes on television.

I loved the review, and I loved more the tag of the video "damn you michael bay".

qbanknight:
Go ruin the Halo movie...yeah that sounds like a good fit for Bay :D

Trailer looked interesting, but everyone keeps saying it sucks, ah oh well, at least its not furry vengeance

I could see him doing it too...all his money, and special effects...Prolly look pretty but be as shallow as the story itself from the games lol

Banhaze:
Dammit BOB! Don't go dumping Producers/Directors you don't like onto things that I like.

That doesn't even make logical sense.

OT: Glad I was right in thinking this would be worth the miss. The only horror remake to date that I've seen and at least didn't hate completely outright were Rob Zombie's Halloween reboots. Even those had their flaws.

I wonder if Michael Bay is producing these remakes because he honestly thinks he can make them better, or because he wants to suck money out of nostalgic nitwits. Probably the second, if his general douchbaggery has anything to say about it.

SOMEONE ELSE SAW ALL THE KING'S MEN?

Of course, this is MovieBob.

I had a HUGE feeling The new Nightmare on Elm Street movie would be a piece of crap topped with shreaded crap. I'm disappointed that the only thing good about the movie is 1 actor, Jackie Earle Haley. I'm with Moviebob, Michael Bay needs to stop wrecking stuff I like too!
Well at least Moviebob saved me another AU$15 I would have wasted seeing a crappy movie. I think on the day I was going to go see this movie I'll just watch Watchmen againg on Blu-Ray.

I really don't have a problem with remakes... like, at all. Even if I experienced the original when it was new. Most of the frustration in this review seems to be from the remake flaws, I think I'm still going to give it a fighting chance.

ZZoMBiE13:
Is there some clause in the Escapist contracts that require you critics to take potshots at Halo?

no but its fun and justified for them well besides the first one and reach

Was going to avoid this movie like the plague anyway, but thats re-enforced my decision.

But Bay and Halo? I can see the connection there somehow. Plus, it will turn out that Master Chief was Shia LaBeouf all along, I see it clearly now.

Unhappy Crow:
WHAT! Molesting children? Why!? Like Friday the 13th remake, I'll wait until this comes on television.

Do some digging and you'll find that was the original concept from Craven as it was the worst type of person he could think of. He changed it to killer when, as production was about to start, a child rapist in the LA area made huge news and he didn't want to be seen as exploiting something that vile.

I'm willing to rent this when it comes out just for the sake of Jackie. Like Eglund it seems he's getting stuck with a character that has far more potential than the project itself.

No! A Micheal Bay Halo movie would be the end of District 9! It must not happen!

Dammit, this looked really good from the previews too. Thank you for putting Haley in his bubble tho, he is a really cool actor and probably the reason I was most interested in this movie. That said, I might see it anyway because (call me crazy/stupid) I LIKED the remake of Amityville Horror. I've never seen the original, so maybe I don't have memories to taint the experience, but I thought the new remake was genuinely spooky - ok, it was rather generic 00's horror flick spookiness but played up to a rather extreme level (or so it seemed at the time.)

Also, thanks for the info about Platinum Dunes. I will keep in mind what that stamp is actually saying from now til forever.

I actually thought that this movie might be somewhat interesting because Jackie Earl Haley was portraying Freddy. It seems that not even Haley can save another Michael Bay produced piece of garbage.

Funny review, shame tho i was actually looking forward to this movie! Aww well.

1 Repressed memories don't work like that.
2 Anesthetics should prevent characters from dreaming.
3 At least Freddy has a reason to kill the kids and not the parents now.

I think Bob needs a bubble to protect himself form Micheal Bay. Another bad horror movie remake, sadness. Why not just make a whole new psycho killer in a mask movie instead of using old franchise? Less creative thinking?
A Halo movie by Micheal Bay might just be so bad it's Good.

I suppose it is a sad day when horror films aren't scary. Though, I don't like horror films so that doesn't affect me. As for a Halo movie, no. I like Halo, but I feel a movie of it just isn't necessary. Especially with Bungie already milking the series more than they need too.

ZZoMBiE13:

Innovations in multiplayer gameplay and standardizing the controller setup aside, what exactly has Halo done with storytelling that can't be found in a canned-plot movie?

MovieBob saying "I don't like Halo, and I don't like Michael Bay. They would probably make a great team," is not the same as "I hate Halo and all the people that love it. I hereby curse them with all the evil powers of Michael Bay!" Keep this in mind when this happens for other games / movies / media you might like. You'll live a lot longer if this kind of thing doesn't stress you out.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here