The Pocket Gamer Report: WarioBigPlanet?

The Pocket Gamer Report: WarioBigPlanet?

Is WarioWare D.I.Y. Nintendo's answer to LittleBigPlanet?

Read Full Article

I never even considered that until just now, but yeah, I guess Warioware DIY is a bit of an answer to LittleBigPlanet.

I mean, I don't like Warioware too much, but the DIY tools raised my interest in this title (not enough to buy it, though).

I love the idea of the game...but I just don't have the time want to invest all the effort it would take in getting all I can out of it.

It sounds interesting, but way too much like hard work.

I might get it, though.

From what I've seen people do with the game, it looks sort of like iPhone development, which isn't too complicated. I can understand how people feel about creating new games, though.

As far as the whole sharing of the games, at least you don't have to slog through a bunch of random stuff to find the good bits.

Warioware definitely is interesting given the platform they have, but once again, its a weak platform trying to do a lot more. Imagine if the creative people who design these, for once, actually have some awesome hardware to work with. Perhaps that's only where their magic comes from, complexity with nothing more than a crayon and a piece of paper.

LittleBigPlanet is far superior in my mind, but it is only ever a sidescroller of some kind. Good on Nintendo for coming up with something interesting. Calling them unbeatable? I don't think so, talented for sure, but this kind of thing is silly at best, and will not have a large community or even last in the minds of people for very long.

Unlike LBP's million+ levels on the PS3, and the thousands on the PSP. We need more "create the game yourself" games for sure however!

Onyx Oblivion:
I love the idea of the game...but I just don't have the time want to invest all the effort it would take in getting all I can out of it.

Pretty much same thoughts here. Although it looks good it just seems like alot of work and too little coming back from it

randommaster:
From what I've seen people do with the game, it looks sort of like iPhone development, which isn't too complicated. I can understand how people feel about creating new games, though.

In what way does this look like iPhone development? I do think this is a little bit more accessible than coding in Objective C...

My brother just got this game a today. He's already made a little track-and-field hurdle jumping thing with Mario. I was quite impressed, especially seeing as he's 12.

Aardvark Soup:

randommaster:

In what way does this look like iPhone development? I do think this is a little bit more accessible than coding in Objective C...

You son't need to do everything in obj. C, though. You really only need to code the behavior of the pieces you include, since the objects you can put in the GUI can be done directly.

It's obviosly moer complex than WWDIY, but it's not too far off. If WW let you actually erite code, then it would probably be about the same.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here