id Gets Back to Business: A Preview of Rage

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

The Mighty Thesaurus:
Somebody get these people some cyberpunk, post haste.

thats been every non-quake game they have ever made (ok,final doom/doom 2 was rather... weird but...)

Bruce Edwards:
I miss the ID of old, who seemed to *create* new game genre's. (They did the first Shooter, the first WWII shooter, the first game where you were a Space Marine, the first no-story shooter with a pure multiplayer focus).

The new ID seems to do a lot of recycling of old concepts. But at least they polish everything to a dizzying, Blizzard-style level before releasing it.

first shooter? wrongususususus me amigo.

look up "maze war"

Borderlands meets Fallout 3? ooh hmm

Cooler than Doom? Did he say "Cooler than Doom"? That's not physically possible. Id has made some AMAZING games since Doom, but none have recreated the impact and popularity of the original demon slaughterfest.
RAGE looks great, and as one of the 50 people worldwide who hasn't played Fallout 3 or Borderlands, a post apocalypse game is "Not new, but it's new to me!"

Z(ombie)fan:

Bruce Edwards:
I miss the ID of old, who seemed to *create* new game genre's. (They did the first Shooter, the first WWII shooter, the first game where you were a Space Marine, the first no-story shooter with a pure multiplayer focus).

The new ID seems to do a lot of recycling of old concepts. But at least they polish everything to a dizzying, Blizzard-style level before releasing it.

look up "maze war"

Maze War? well, I guess Wolfenstein is the first shooter that more than 40 people know about. It's also still the only game to this day that allows you to turn Hitler into a bloody pile like he deserves.

Dfskelleton:

Z(ombie)fan:

Bruce Edwards:

look up "maze war"

Maze War? well, I guess Wolfenstein is the first shooter that more than 40 people know about. It's also still the only game to this day that allows you to turn Hitler into a bloody pile like he deserves.

40 people? NO! 41, Motherfucker!

I just like to nag with my pointless trivia.

Meh, I want Doom 4 more

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or