Escape to the Movies: Iron Man 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Iron Man 2

This week IronBob gets a look at Iron Man 2 and likes what he sees!

Watch Video

Great to see that you liked the film, I'm going to see it this weekend and I am stoked about it! Oh, and I totally agree about Scarlett Johansson. I'm going to be keeping my comments about her to myself during the movie though, as my date probably wouldn't approve of them! Haha

Definitely going to the cinema for this one tomorrow. Great review, as always.

I have always taken the stance that character development is the most important part of a movie, it is why I thought "X-Men 2" was the best of the franchise, lots of good taking, and motivation exploration.

Gonna watch the first again. Then I'm gonna see this next week. I hate going opening week.

I saw this movie only 12 hours ago, and I have to say that MovieBob's review really nails it on the head. It's a well-acted, well-directed superhero movie; I can't think of a better film to start off the summer movie line-up.

Once again, great review MovieBob, and if you really must know what's revealed after the credits...

Oh I'm really getting to like Robert Downey Jr. more and more with the roles he taking lately. I can't wait to see this one. Never been a big Marvel fan but I always like Iron Man for some reason. Great Review MovieBob.

Planning on seeing it tonight with friends, first one was most surprising quality super hero film I've seen. Downey is rare case of perfect casting as Stark.

Should be some good (but not dumb) Summer movie fun.

glad to see a good review, by what i can tell, people keep saying its not as imaginative as the first one but nonetheless fun

i'm going to try to contain myself when i see the lovely scarlet johansen

I'm so relieved, and doubly stoked to see this now. It's really the only 2010 summer blockbuster I've been looking forward to.

Great review it has sparked my intrest in the movie. I guess the bad thing for me was a few of my friends saw it and they said the action sucked and the moive was just too "wordy". But I need to go see it for my self and give the moive a chance to WOW me!

HardRockSamurai:
I saw this movie only 12 hours ago, and I have to say that MovieBob's review really nails it on the head. It's a well-acted, well-directed superhero movie; I can't think of a better film to start off the summer movie line-up.

Once again, great review MovieBob, and if you really must know what's revealed after the credits...

Oh you clever shrew

Couldnt agree more on the Scarlett issue, in that suit too. If only I could drag my mates off their computers to go see this

I can't fucking wait to watch this film. Great review bob!

nice to know it matches up with the first, I had my worries, suppose Ill try and see it next week

My mom is pretty much in love with Robert Downey Jr, so I'm actually seeing this on Mother's Day. Weird.

I'm looking forward to it. And now I want to go listen to Iron Man by Kirby Krackle. You, Movie Bob, have me excited enough that I'm listening to Iron Man music. Yup, this film is going to be great.

The first was one of the best superhero movies ever and it's nice to see they fully understood what worked in that movie and go along the same lines improving where there needed improvement(because regardeless of how good it was there still was room for imrovement) and not going all "OMG we're rich so now let's just ad more explosions and bring more action figures out! AWSOME!!!".

Looks awesome and i can't wait to see it

What were at the credits at the end of Iron Man 1? I think I left before that...
*edit, it's been answered.

Any who good review, I'll probably see it in the next 2 weeks or so.

Well, this pretty much cemented my wanting to see it in the theaters instead of waiting.

I just got one thing to say.
Can he walk at all or if he moves will he fall!

Saw the midnight premier last night and it was soooo good! I love these movies! Sure, in 2008 Iron Man was second banana, but ultimately this will end up being part of a much more epic series of movies.

And Scarlet Jo'... I'd tap that with the hammer of Thor.

Ahem... "villians"?

Going to see it tonight...and counting down the hours! And watching the 1st one before I go. Gah! I can't wait!

Glad you liked it bob =) And yeah it is annoying you don't get enough of the vilains because Rockwell is just AWESOME!

dududf:
What were at the credits at the end of Iron Man 1? I think I left before that...

That clip with Samueal L. JAckson as Nick Fury talking about the Avenger group it was in Bob's Clip.

I wish I knew about the 2nd ones after credits scene last night but I work at a theatre so I just have to wait till I work again.

My favorite scene though "No direct spoiler but you'll know what I mean when you see it"

the seconds that follow we're just awesome!.

I've always thought the Iron man films to be vastly superior to the Nolan Batman films, they take themselves much too seriously for films about a man dressed like a bat.

Dark Knight was boring and nonsensical with ok acting.

I wholeheartedly agree, I nerdgasm'd after the credits and when

And I will keep my comments about Scarlett Johannson to myself, HOT DAMN!

Lucane:

dududf:

That clip with Samueal L. JAckson as Nick Fury talking about the Avenger group it was in Bob's Clip.

Oh, that thanks.

I didn't know that was at the credits, I thought that was before.

I thought scarlet was pretty bad actually, acting wise. Also her character was pointless to the film. If you dont really care about the whole Avengers thing and just want to see a good film then its a bit like watching a random episode of some TV show. Only highligh for me was Sam Rockwell, and some guy named Jean Claude Langer in the credits.

I went to see this last Wednesday. It's ok - but not a patch on the first one. The character driven scenes were still excellent, but the action seemed needlessly 'big'. At times it felt like they were jumping from one fight to the next and that the scenes in between were just filler links to the next explosionfest.

Maybe my expectations were set too high, I'll probably get it when it comes out on dvd anyway.

It's great to see they didn't ruin the sequel by making it too overblown. Checking it out this weekend.

For the first 2 minutes, I was worried it had all gone wrong. good misdirection.

I didn't like it as much as the first, but this was still a damn fine movie. And the post-credits scene gave me a total nerd-gasm. Oh, and does anyone know why they cut that beginning scene they used so much in the film's promotion? The one where Tony is about to jump out of a plane and Pepper kisses his helmet; it's nowhere to be found for some reason. It just cuts directly to him jumping out of the plane o_0

Good to hear this one's good as well. the first Iron Man is in my personal top-3 of superhero movies, and I was a bit scared the second one would suck.

I would've gone to see it even if the review trashed it, but at least my mind is a bit more at ease now. :)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here