Apocalypse Lane: Creator Q & A

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Creator Q & A

Apocalypse Lane creators, Jon Etheridge and Bryan Mahoney answer your questions.

Be sure to join the Apocalypse Lane Facebook Fan Page here.

Watch Video

Loved this, you guys are a laugh!

I will forever wonder what Hickey the Rapist would have been like...damn you escapist censors!

That was quite the giggle when talking about the T-shirts :p

Nice and long Q&A, thanks for this.

This was fun to watch, you guys sound like a blast to hang with.

Thanks for the Q&A and thanks for Apocalypse Lane.

WrongSprite:

I will forever wonder what Hickey the Rapist would have been like...damn you escapist censors!

It worked out for the best because we changed it to a pirate, which led to some of our favorite Hickey moments.

I can't believe how much of this was talking about marshmello hamburger apples.
And I loled so hard when you said IMDB.
God knows how many times I've had to pause a movie so my mother could use that site.

i hope you guys make another series :( or a new series.

Gonna miss this series, alot.

At least Doraleous is going strong. Somebody should have asked if any AL characters would ever make a cameo appearance....

Jon Etheridge:

WrongSprite:

It worked out for the best because we changed it to a pirate, which led to some of our favorite Hickey moments.

smart move... a rapist would never have learned to land a F 3 stars ing ship. =^.^=

Wooo my question got read out! =]
I was Stu Fahey, don't worry guys, i have a stupid last name, noone knows how to pronounce it!

Its a shame you guys are stopping AL, it will be missed.

edit: An extra question, is the AL theme your ringtone?

Can't believe it's over! :(
I'm all excited about the last episode.

You guys look a lot older since your original video.

But great series, and it's awesome to know you are the ones behind Doralingus.

You guys actually make these Q&A and meet the creators things fun to watch. I don't feel like that would be easy.

And why are you out Bryan? Keep entertaining!

Great video. I think you guys might have a bit of ADD, though, considering how hard it was for you to stay on topic. ;)

By the way, is it just me, or does Jon look and sound a lot like a slightly younger Seth McFarlane in this video?

Funny as hell. :D
I'm gonna miss Apocalypse Lane but still can't wait for the next episode.
Also, this video raised a good question. Why haven't anyone made giant marshmallows yet?

You seemed briefly confused when you read this question, I'll reword it:

"Any stories or characters who were cut before during THE making OF episodes?"

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer all these question. Along with that and being present on the forums, you're one of the more active Escapist contributors with the general users.

That was funny cant wait to see your new series

Thanks for answering my question Jon! I knew Big Worm ate people. I figured it was more of a "you want me to take you out of your misery? I'll help you out" but in a really neighborly way. Like he's offering you a cup of sugar. haha

Plus, you got the name correct the second time. Well done! Italian last names are sometimes tough to pronounce.

Mr Jingles was a rat in "the green mile" if i remember it right. ;)

And I always does....

Funny, but where is my question?! xP It wasn't stupid... right?...

I'd love stinky to make a random appearance in Duralingus and Associates (see what I did there) ;). That would actually make SOME sense (you could always explain that he is some kind of a spirit) or the rooster!

Also Big Pete in the suit of armor covering his entire body would be fun :). "Didn't I tell you that guys?"

Pretty good Q and A, tomorrow is gonna be a heart felt goodbye to the AL crew, and now all I really wanna watch on this website is D&A. Gosh darn it, we're running out of Awesome Sauce Shows here! Quickly everyone, pitch idea's to the network!

*Facepalms himself and hide his face on a bag after seeing the awkward silence to his question*

Damn.. that sounded a lot better in my head...

Thats why i never talk

Stabby Joe:
You seemed briefly confused when you read this question, I'll reword it:

"Any stories or characters who were cut before during THE making OF episodes?"

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer all these question. Along with that and being present on the forums, you're one of the more active Escapist contributors with the general users.

In all fairness we were a few beers deep when we did this. :p

Warnolo:
*Facepalms himself and hide his face on a bag after seeing the awkward silence to his question*

Thats why i never talk

It was all in the name of humor. But seriously, who types out 6 question marks??????

Jon Etheridge:

Warnolo:

Thats why i never talk

It was all in the name of humor. But seriously, who types out 6 question marks??????

Em... because the... er.... the question mark key was broken... eh... yeah...

By the way, i'm impatient to see the final episode.

Haha, Jangles. I like how that got you guys off topic for like a minute or two. I am really looking forward to the next episode.

Oh and D&A is great! I hope you go for 96 with it.

Damn. Now I want to meet Jon in real life. His natural voice is really close to his Obama voice! It'd be awesome.

On a semi-related note: There's a Sir Walken... can we get a Friar Obama?

i thought you would have rounded up to fifty or something

also i am sad to see it end but you shall do it with a bang!

Mr. Jangles went to Mouseville to be in the mouse circus, no one better say anything different.

I forgot I asked a question and was just listening to this while playing Pokemon when I heard my username and was like "WHAT?!?!". Great show, guys. Can't wait for the finale tomorrow.

You forgot the question that everyone wants to know.....DVD!?!?!??!!

Also...you guys are crazy. JAPAN!!!! LOL!!!

Are we going to see some kind of DVD release of this series?

I agree with what you said about the first episode. While I personally thought episode 1 was humorous, when I was trying to get more people to start watching Apocalypse Lane I had them watch episode 1 and 2 because episode 2 was in my opinion a much better "hook" episode. Most people thought episode 1 was okay, but everyone was doubling over laughing during #2 because of Willy's sex story.

And thanks again for making this series, can't wait for tomorrow.

My favorite line from this series will always be, "It sounded like an endless marathon of The View but it smelled delicious..."

This show needs a DVD release after the Escapist contract is up. :-)

HAHAHA! I can't believe my marshmallow question was answered.
I was watching this with my brother and he actually jumped up when he heard that my screen name while I was wetting myself with laughter.

Thanks you guys for a great Q&A to say farewell too the series, the characters of Apocalypse Lane will be sorely missed around hear after tomorrow's thrilling conclusion.....

Seriously didn't think they would spend about a minute talking about hamburger sized marshmallows!

I would like to state that I was an initial supporter of AL telling people that "yes, these guys are good." No, it's ok to approach me but please keep your eyes averted.

Now they are going strong with D&A which I think is consistently the best thing The Escapist has put up (aside from ZP).

I am going to say it here, I think at their current pace I would not be surprised to see something Venture Brothers caliber from these guys in the future. Keep up the good work.

Skizzo321:
Gonna miss this series, alot.

At least Doraleous is going strong. Somebody should have asked if any AL characters would ever make a cameo appearance....

I did, but they didn't answer mine. Although they did mention that they were tired of the AL characters at this point, maybe that's the answer there...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here