Apocalypse Lane: Episode 48: Fin

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Best show I've seen on the Escapist.
Wish there was more but everything ends eventually right.
Great job...
*sniff*

Man I remember when this series first came out and it was pretty random, but I'm glad I stuck with it cause it is an awesome series. Thanks guys.
I know you guys are sick of the characters but some sort of spin off would be nice, I'd watch it at least.

A great ending to a great show. Would ask for a sequel, but how do you perfect perfection.

Amazing, you deserve a standing ovation from everyone that lives in your neighborhood/city/state/country/world/galaxy/universe.

That was great!
I love time travel endings and that one was awesome. Great series from start to finish (i liked the first few episodes!) and I am sad to see it go.

This was a pretty impressive series. Every episode was hilarious, yet the series could still be deep on occasion and this last episode is no exception to that formula. The fact that everything seemed to be connected and came together really helped draw me into the world and make me feel more of a part of it.

Jon Etheridge:

willgreg123:
I posted a more extensive comment on the Q/A episode, but seeing as you'll be mostly focused on this forum, I will just copy the two questions I asked in that comment and post them on this forum as well. I'd copy the whole thing, but it ran kind of long and I don't want to waste your time... it was mostly praise and observational stuff anyhow...

Did you plan on bringing Hickey back as a ghost ahead of time, or did you bring him back as a ghost for other reasons, like to fill a plot hole or public demand? I ask because though I loved how that was worked into the story, it slightly dulled the shock of a beloved character's death. The same question goes for Stinky.

Also, what animators or animations have inspired you the most?

If I think of any other questions, I'll post them. Thank you to everyone involved, you all really pulled together to make something charming and unique.

Yes, we did plan on bringing Hickey back. Although originally it was in Cuddles mind, we changed it to Steves' because we felt better about it and it gave Steve an incentive to do something other than be lazy. Stinky was one of those ones we also didn't want to lose and in true AL fashion we brought him back as well.

I was heavily inspired by the old MTV days of liquid television and then later Beavis and Butthead. Also the old Nicktoons lineup like Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy and Rugrats. Recently the Adult Swim linup has been attracting me. I've always been a fan of animation but more-so a fan of comedy. However programs like 'Lost' got me thinking, why not mix these types of shows where you can have a funny setting/characters/situations but still tell a compelling story. Few shows have attempted this. Frisky Dingo is one of the newer ones I can think of but it was canceled before it got to wrap up. Lucky the same team is now doing 'Archer' and so far that has been brilliant. :)

Thank you for answering my questions :) Sounds like you have good taste in cartoons. I've been enjoying Archer as well, they deserved another shot at a cartoon.

The one MTV series that heavily inspired me was Sam Keith's "The Maxx", I highly recommend giving it a look when you get the time. It's a story about a homeless superhero who battles hallucinations from deep within his subconscious, it's wild stuff. I wish MTV was more open to unique cartoons like they use to be, but at least Adult Swim is trying to fill that void.

I've been very interested in capturing this blooming idea of mixing comedy with a compelling plot. I'm leaning towards dark humor mixed with psychological/psychedelic plots, kind of like "The Maxx" or Ralph Bakshi's early experimental movies such as "Heavy Traffic".

Great...now people will blame video games for causing the Apocalypse...gee thanks John

*end sarcasm

Well it has been a very good show and I am sad to see it go...it was a fantastic series.

Wait, if Steve and Cuddles died and if that didn't happen, then they changed the future. so does that mean that everyone's dead? (man this episode has made me thinking all day)

I'm so really sad right now... I hope we'll se more of this show later. It was a really great ride indeed.

Shit. What an ending.

I loved the ending song. Fantastic.

Good luck on Doraleous and Associates.

HOW COULD YOU KILL THEM OFF??!?1?!

I kid I kid. Excellent series, and an awesome way to tie everything up...and I thought Big Pete being Humongoid, an everything coming back into Big Pete's Funeral was gold.

Best of luck of Doralingus and Friends and any future endeavours.

I will miss this show. I look forward to more from Jon Etheridge and Bryan Mahoney

Great ending on a great series. Can't wait to see what you guys do after this!

Edit: (100th post woo...)

wow the best ending to a series ever that was amazin i can't belive that SPOILER if you not seem it then im sorry but the trophie on the wall is cudles which was completely mind blowing

Well done, Jon!!! I lieu of DVDs, consider allowing it to be downloadable on the Escapist, either per episode or as a whole series.

I for one would watch it...a lot...

Right on, dude...

Awww.... NOOOOO I loved this series!!! hahaha how sad they died....

P.S.
I STILL WANT A CUDDLES T SHIRT!!!!!!!!

Awww poor cuddles...

Well, loved the series, and I am eager to see what the future now hold for Doraleous and Associates now you got alot more time. Epic end.

So the skeleton on Steve's wall is actually of him and cuddles?

I still don't get what Stinky is. How can he still exist after Hickey dies? With the same voice and personality?

I MUST KNOW!!

lal...i cant believe its over...it was rly a fantastic ride guys....one of my fav internet shows ever :)))
the ep was kinda slow...i guess it needed that in overder to wrap things up...the final scene when cuddles and steve got blown away...that was rly nice touch. reminded me of 1 of the Harry poter books where time travel was part of keeping history in check.
And its rly romantic how u guys made cuddles give Steve his own dead body...a true friendship. Ride togheter die together

p.p: if there is no dvd..ill find a way to pirate this show :O
or maybe pay $ to John to send it to me :Pp

SteelStallion:
I still don't get what Stinky is. How can he still exist after Hickey dies? With the same voice and personality?

I MUST KNOW!!

well after the apocalypse the aliens plant the time machine under steve`s house and Hickey sees it..they brainwash him and he survives but gets split personality....it was actually explained in one of the eps.
Tho even this didnt explain why Stinky was able to move on to Big Pete...its just the beuty of the show:P leaev some things a mystery ...let it go man :P

Amazing ending. It was all wrapped up incredibly well and I'll miss the series.

And so 'tis the end of that which remains of the good ol' Thursdays of Doomsday Arcade, Unforgotten Realms, and Apocalypse Lane, but, of course all good things must come to an end. :( At least it was an amazing and unexpected end, this series is one of the absolute best I've ever seen, Thank you John for providing something so great. :3

w1ndscar:
And so 'tis the end of that which remains of the good ol' Thursdays of Doomsday Arcade, Unforgotten Realms, and Apocalypse Lane, but, of course all good things must come to an end. :( At least it was an amazing and unexpected end, this series is one of the absolute best I've ever seen, Thank you John for providing something so great. :3

Well, I have grown to really like Doraleous and Associates, and with if I remember 72 episodes to play with, knowing John, some crazy crap is in store and soon have as big of a fan base as AL had.

I think thursdays are very much still alive, but I will miss doomsday and AL as well.

I guess it's time to point out a couple plot holes.

-How did Big Worm get back to the neighbourhood? He was still sitting in the infirmary, unaware that the ship had even crashed.
-In the Homeowner's Meeting in episode 24, Big Worm says that there's 'a couple things on the agenda today' and the only thing was the vote whether Cuddles could stay.
-In episode 29, Captain Charms says (sarcastically) that he might take the VERY tiny time machine and use it as a card table. How the hell do you use something that small as a card table?

Jaron Fretter:
wow the best ending to a series ever that was amazin i can't belive that SPOILER if you not seem it then im sorry but the trophie on the wall is cudles which was completely mind blowing

I thought it was Steve...

(sorry if that's a double post, the escapist is dying on me)

Bradders616:
Anyone who plays guitar may be interested in these notes i just worked out. screw you if you spy a mistake :P

..G................................D
Sun Came up and the Bombs Came down,
..G................................C
Nuclear Fallout in a Southern town,
G...............................D............................C...G
Apocalypse Lane you still look alright to me...

..G........................D
awh We Aint got tree's
..G............................C
lets take a walk in the Toxic Breeze
G..............................D.............................C....G
Apocalypse Lane you still smell alright to me...

C.......................................G
The Mutant life is treating me Good
...........D
awh Apocalypse Lane
.............C
Your Still the same
....G

Do you happen to have the rest of the tune?
Or the intro song?
Sorry, I've wanted this for a while and chords never quite cut it for me :(

Many thanks for creating this awesome series!
I enjoyed it immensely.
That was a great but bittersweet ending...

"May father Dickslurper be with you guys. Always."

did anyone notice the bones cuddles gave to steve looked like their remains?

Meow.

That's actually the end of an era. I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself now. My week just isn't going to be the same.

Thank you. That is all.

aww i love apocolypse lane will there be another episode?!!!

Didn't see that ending coming. It was beautiful, man. Kinda choked up a little too. I would tell you that you're great pros and you deserve to be on television, but I like you guys just the way you are right now: right here on the Escapist.
Thanks a lot, Jon and Bryan. Praise the Rooster.

I was waiting for Willie to have sex with Michelle. I have no idea if that would be straight, gay, or masturbation.

Great series. Epic ending, going to miss this show.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here