Apocalypse Lane: Episode 48: Fin

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Fantastic work Jon. I loved this whole series. Everything even managed to come full circle, up until the actual nuclear fallout!

I kind of had an inkling that Steve wouldn't make it like Hickey before him, though. I wonder if he and cuddles will join the Rooster and Hickey in Heaven(?)
Although i really didn't want Steve and Cuddles to die (they were my favourite characters) i'm glad you chose to end it the way you did and not cheapen it. Thank you.

I'd really love to see an Apocalypse Lane 2, perhaps with a brand new set of characters. Although i'm sure it wouldn't have quite the same impact as this series did with its grand finale and all. Also, that psychedelic vagina comment was the best line of the whole series for me.

i will miss u apocalypse lane, cuddles u were a great friend
goodbye (tear)

Jon Etheridge:
Wow... What a ride this has been. I want to thank each and every one of you guys and gals who stayed with this to the end. After a choppy start I think we managed to turn the show around and produce something unique in the world of web animation. I can't fully express in words how much fun I had making this series, and how sad I am to see it go. Goodbye Apocalypse Lane. You will be missed.

But on to some good news... I have been given approval to join Doraleous and Associates as a full time writer/animator/wizard and that show has now been contracted for a total of 72 episodes! With me helping out Brent Triplett on the animation, we plan on pushing the limits on what we can pull off in a week and well as making the show faster, stronger and possibly the best web series on the Escapist or any other site for that matter.

I know a lot of you want to know about a DVD and at this time I don't have an answer for you. DVD's are really expensive to package and distribute but I would love to see one and hopefully we can get that out one day. keep an eye on the Escapist for any announcements.

Again, thank all of you for watching this show. I'm going to be perusing this forum for a day or two and i'll try to answer as many questions as I can so ask away. Also watch our QandA if you did not see it yesterday. It's a fine example of our ADD :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/apocalypse-lane/1706-Creator-Q-A

For the many many hours of happiness you have given me with Apocolypse Lane I salute you. Thank you for giving the community such a fantastic show and thank for giving it the send off it deserved. The last episode was an epic finale and the proper way to see the end of a truely unique and high class series. I wish you the best of luck over at D&A and I promise you I will be watching episode 72 alongside the rest if your fans. Keep doing what you do best. Play him off Kazzo Cat :D

this was a great series, I loved all the culture references throughout the entire movie and the ending was hilarious good job and i hope whatever project you guys make next will be just as good if not better

I'm very surprised at how this show turned around. After the first two episodes I stopped watching until just before the 1st season ended. Once I gave it another shot, I found out how good it became. Well done.

I'm sorry to see the show end, but it seems like you told the story that you wanted to tell. Dragging the story out for the sake of dragging it out wouldn't make things better in the end i guess.

Well, on to bigger and better things I suppose. I haven't cared much for Doraleous so far but maybe you could turn that one around too. I'll check up on it in the future to find out.

It went out not as it came in. It didn't go out like Lost which had a bunch of questions unanswered. It went out....incredibly awesome.

Great fucking job John, and ill be glad to watch you on Doraleous. Also, I hope we get to see another show from you in the distant future. This one, im not forgetting for a long time.

Jon Etheridge:
Wow... What a ride this has been. I want to thank each and every one of you guys and gals who stayed with this to the end. After a choppy start I think we managed to turn the show around and produce something unique in the world of web animation. I can't fully express in words how much fun I had making this series, and how sad I am to see it go. Goodbye Apocalypse Lane. You will be missed.

But on to some good news... I have been given approval to join Doraleous and Associates as a full time writer/animator/wizard and that show has now been contracted for a total of 72 episodes! With me helping out Brent Triplett on the animation, we plan on pushing the limits on what we can pull off in a week and well as making the show faster, stronger and possibly the best web series on the Escapist or any other site for that matter.

I know a lot of you want to know about a DVD and at this time I don't have an answer for you. DVD's are really expensive to package and distribute but I would love to see one and hopefully we can get that out one day. keep an eye on the Escapist for any announcements.

Again, thank all of you for watching this show. I'm going to be perusing this forum for a day or two and i'll try to answer as many questions as I can so ask away. Also watch our QandA if you did not see it yesterday. It's a fine example of our ADD :)

You guys really couldn't have ended it in a better way. That was awesome. The origins of Father Hickey and the bones have been explained, Zed's justifiable nerd-rage... You guys need to keep doing this, your imaginations compliment each other perfectly. I look forward to your next series and I'm going to watch D&A until its completion. I wish you the best of luck on your next endeavor.

Awesome end to the series, didn't see that coming at all. Now I'm all sad, as much as I was looking forward to the end I still didn't want to see it go. Thank you for this masterpiece of mindfuckery, I really hope you guys get to do a DVD release for it, I would definitely pay money for this.

Question: At what point in the development of the story did you decide to make Steve be the tumor instead of Marty?

Jon Etheridge:
Episode 48: Fin

It all comes down to this. The future of the universe hangs by a thread.

Be sure to join the Apocalypse Lane Facebook Fan Page here.

Watch Video

That was just the most beautiful, amazing finale I have ever seen.

Though you're a fucking bastard for ending such a great series! (Sorry, but I just hate the fact that it's gone now.)

Hopefully you guys will make a sequel or something in the Apocalypse Lane-verse.

Thank you so much for this!

To be honest I thought that the series was better when it didin't have a continuity in the episodes i mean some characters were nice add-ons (like the franklins,big pete,frank)but the direction it whent on the second season was a bit of a let down to me. not that i didin't like the series no i loved it but i think that the original format was better.

Damn...This ending puts a lot of shows to shame. It was just beautiful. Amazing finale. Thank you for making Apocalypse Lane for us.

great series.everything came full circle to make the series finale the best i've ever seen

I loved this series and am extremely saddened to see it go :(

I'm even more saddened because I know it's being replaced with Game Dogs, which is like replacing Doctor Who with Paris Hilton's "The Real Life".

But a bright side is that now Doraleous will be even MORE awesome, if thats possible! And it'll have to be, to carry the thursday cartoon show lineup, assuming a new more awesome show doesnt surface... perhaps it's time to revisit Unforgotten Realms?

BloodyThoughts:
It went out not as it came in. It didn't go out like Lost which had a bunch of questions unanswered. It went out....incredibly awesome.

Great fucking job John, and ill be glad to watch you on Doraleous. Also, I hope we get to see another show from you in the distant future. This one, im not forgetting for a long time.

um.. I don't think Lost is over yet.. over here there still something on the order of two or three episodes left...

man i'm upset that's over. brilliant ending though and freaking amazing series. nicely done guys

The ending was incredibly, and made up for the fact that I thought the rest of the episode was somewhat boring. Bravo for a job well done!

HyenaThePirate:

BloodyThoughts:

um.. I don't think Lost is over yet.. over here there still something on the order of two or three episodes left...

Hm....
Okay, if your fat and smelly and American, just look at what I said.

If you smell like tea and cynicism (UK or anything else) Read this: LOST SUCKS!

If your neither, just ignore what I said.

Wow. Finally a great heartwarming finale from an Escapist series, not like There Will Be Brawl and Doomsday Arcade. This feels...right, even though Steve and Cuddles are dead.

Great job Jon and Brian on a fantastic series!

Bravo!

(loud noise)

STEVE: Whoa...whoa, what the hell was that?

(noise gets louder)

CUDDLES: Ohhhhhhhhhh......shit.

(nuclear explosion)

What a sad finale to a series... No wonder there ain't no more Apocalypse Lane...

All in all, the entire series was a masterpiece. I take my hat off to you guys. Well done. T-T

A great ending to a great show. It did start off slow and dull but this series definatly picked up. Sad to see it end though. I will always remember this, and hopefully there will be another series by you or a carry-on of this. Thanks for an awesome show.

Well... at least I still have Doraleous to look forward to on Thursdays, but I can't believe that Apocalypse Lane has been going on for a year now. I've been following everything since day one... and stalking you on Newgrounds. Now what do I do?
A great finish to a show that was consistently funny throughout. Great job.

Well done

amazing, yet sad ending. I miss the show already. Also, I just realized, that if Zed did go back in time, that would have been an even bigger fail. finaly travel through time, just to get blown up by the big ass bomb he set off. lol.

BloodyThoughts:

HyenaThePirate:

BloodyThoughts:

Hm....
Okay, if your fat and smelly and American, just look at what I said.

If you smell like tea and cynicism (UK or anything else) Read this: LOST SUCKS!

If your neither, just ignore what I said.

Not.. um... I'm not.. quite sure what your point is?
You said "It didnt go out like Lost..."

I'm merely pointing out that.. well.. Lost isn't over yet. How can you know that it left anything unanswered when it isn't.. actually, um.. OVER yet?

Not quite sure what the whole 'fat, smelly, American' thing has to do with anything other than a failed attempt at being vaguely insulting? What exactly are you trying to say, because I'm not sure you are saying anything at all?

It....
It's been a good ride.

Well, I loved it from episode one to the finale. If you don't believe that then just look at the boards for the early episodes, you'll see my comments. Great show, great ending. I could not have asked for more.

TheNamlessGuy:
Wow.
Just, just wow.

Epic ending. Somewhat unexpected too.

Great episode.
Great show.
Great job.

Applause to you my man.

This should have been the first comment. They deleted the first comment cause it was a "First" type comment, but then the next 2 didn't advance the topic, could not have been posted after watching the video, and should have been deleted along with the first one.

I saw big worm was coming since 2 episodes ago but that was.....that was a master piece.

Jon Etheridge:

I'd buy that DVD. Thank you for making Thursday afternoons a delight, Jon.

Ah John, when you said the series was ending via. twitter I have to say I was sad to hear it. I'm someone who could never watch animated web-shows before Apocalypse Lane and to this today I cannot find another one as good.

For what it's worth: Great-fucking-job.

tkaStryc9:
Awesome end to the series, didn't see that coming at all. Now I'm all sad, as much as I was looking forward to the end I still didn't want to see it go. Thank you for this masterpiece of mindfuckery, I really hope you guys get to do a DVD release for it, I would definitely pay money for this.

Question: At what point in the development of the story did you decide to make Steve be the tumor instead of Marty?

We actually had that idea really early. I think around episode 3 or 4 I got the notion and we knew we wanted to get into that at some point. It was a great gag for the season 1 ender.

Thanks for the awesome awesome series!

Hi Jon, i'm from Dominican Republic borned and raised, i think i'am the only guy of my country who knows about this series.

Luckily i know some english to enjoy it.

I watched the whole series as an anonymus user until now, because i didnt wanna see this series end without saying something, and i'am sure that theres people from Non-English speaking countrys who knows English and enjoyed this series.

This series was the only reason that i entered to this page, i hope you read this, i only register to say this.

Congrats my man... Congrats and good luck.

I did not see that ending coming. well played good sirs, well played.

At first I was thinking that you guys were gonna just have incredibly long credits, and I would've thought it was a stupid way to end the show, but wow, brilliant ending! I am saddened that both Steve and Cuddles died and became the bones Cuddles finds to hang on Steve's wall. At least we now know the sad story of Apocalypse Lane. But maybe you could tell us one last thing, what happens to everyone who is still alive? Does Gladys ever go back to her home world? Does the Gamerz gang rebuild with Bumper and the other guy as their heads? Does Frank ever Settle Down? Does Gulliver ever get screwed over?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here