Critical Miss: #1

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I'm really happy for you, Doctorpus. It's great to see someone from the forums rise up and become a regular contributor. You're a great example for us all :)

And if you're not going to be showing the Army of Two comic here - everyone checking this out owes it to themselves to go find that comic in the contest thread, it's hilarious.

dannymc18:
Question: What's up with her arms in the 4th panel?

Doesn't, "FUCK YEAH, DONUTS!" not explain it thouroughly enough?

Decoy Doctorpus:
Critical Miss #1

The world of game journalism isn't quite as glamorous as you might think.

Read Full Article

SIDE NOTE
Just so you know guys we're not going to be running the rest of the entry strips. We just needed this one to set up the character and give people a clue as to what's going on.

On Friday there'll be a completely new strip never ever seen before. Unless you're me. Or Cory. Or Both.

What about me, Decoy? You were my first 'Scapist fwiend! ;-;
OK, my feelings aren't really hurt, its just so amazingly fun to whine to you.
You prolly need to do something about that if you're gonna be a full-on contributor now.

Congratulations, of course.
How does it make you feel?

Awesome stuff.

I loved the entry strips and I hope the new stuff is just as good.

addeB:
Who doesn't love donuts? ;)

I love this comic strip almost as much as I love your groin thrusting box man.

this seems pretty cool, i await the new one on friday :)

Ooh, two months later and we now have one page of the Escapist's new comic. And it's the one of the same ones from two months ago. While 4 of the runners up have a new comic on here, and Manly Guys Doing Manly Things has nearly twelve new pages up apart from the ones submitted to the contest. Doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in the winning comic, at least to me...
Anyone else think the runners-up are making Critical Miss look bad?

...As a random aside, I'd also like to say I liked the old title better. Out of Tens amused me, because (obviously) it's a reference to the common magazine practice of rating games 1-10, and doubly so because given the context of the comment, it brings to mind 'Ten Out of Tens', which a lot of the less palatable magazines dole out excessively and of course the protagonist's web site would too. Critical Miss just makes me think of tabletop games, which don't really have anything to do with the comic. I appreciate a good pun more than the next guy, but it just seems off. Was there a particular reason for the name change?

i dont tihnk the rules are followed with anyone
yatzhee for example

I'm just gonna say it: it looks like she has really big sideburns. 0_o

It's still funny though. :p And i'm really looking forward to the next one. : )

Phenom828:
I'm just gonna say it: it looks like she has really big sideburns. 0_o

Goes well with her beard. (Have we had enough "Army of Two" comic references yet? No, we have not.)

Nazrel:

JEBWrench:
Well I'll be damned. I just asked about the winner of the webcomic contest.

Why the name change?

Nihilism sells

lol. Ironically, that was the name of my webcomic entry for the escapist!

Gahhh... she has the same first name as my most recent ex. It still burns...

Interesting concept though, lads.
But I have a question.

Do you think you can take on Dr.Breen and beat him at his own game? :P

Looking forward to seeing what's going on soon.

Yeah, I remember this one from the contest. Looking forwards to the series getting new.

In retrospect, this was pretty well characterized for 4 panels. I think this will take up a spot on my regular webcomic list. Like the title btw.

That is indeed the proper response to donuts.

I applaud you for this. *Pretentious head nodding*

Oh me gosh! A main character that is not male! This is a pleasant suprise.

Looking forward to seeing future instalments.

Wait, did the Escapist pick this up? Awesome!

Decoy Doctorpus:

On Friday there'll be a completely new strip never ever seen before. Unless you're me. Or Cory. Or Both.

There you are! Where have you been all this time, Decoy?! Am I just that unobservant?

uber win.

I LIKE IT!

isnt everything better with doughnuts

lol this is great.^_^

Hmm... I too like doughnuts.

Well you've set the hook... now you just have to reel me in.

Angst is no match for chocolate frosting!

Thank you for this.

Podunk:
Ooh, two months later and we now have one page of the Escapist's new comic. And it's the one of the same ones from two months ago. While 4 of the runners up have a new comic on here, and Manly Guys Doing Manly Things has nearly twelve new pages up apart from the ones submitted to the contest. Doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in the winning comic, at least to me...
Anyone else think the runners-up are making Critical Miss look bad?

...As a random aside, I'd also like to say I liked the old title better. Out of Tens amused me, because (obviously) it's a reference to the common magazine practice of rating games 1-10, and doubly so because given the context of the comment, it brings to mind 'Ten Out of Tens', which a lot of the less palatable magazines dole out excessively and of course the protagonist's web site would too. Critical Miss just makes me think of tabletop games, which don't really have anything to do with the comic. I appreciate a good pun more than the next guy, but it just seems off. Was there a particular reason for the name change?

Someone figured out on page 1.
Critical Miss

Critical. Miss.

Critic. Miss.

Miss Critic
Does that help?

whooooo! i've been waiting for this to start up.

lol that was pretty good, I didn't keep up on the whole webcomic thing so I didn't see this new addition coming. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

i like it...i like it alot

We now go to Russ Pitts for comments:...

Very well done. Looking forward to more from the series

Is that a hamster in the last panel? :S

If it is then thumbs up!!

Ho ho, Mr. Decoy, congradu-ma-tations. I will definitely continue to look into this, looks nifty so far.

EDIT: And yes, I am WAY behind the times. Hell if I know when this actually happened, but whatevs.

Decoy Doctorpus:
SIDE NOTE
Just so you know guys we're not going to be running the rest of the entry strips. We just needed this one to set up the character and give people a clue as to what's going on.

That's good, I was fearing you'd do exactly that. Although I think the entry strips should be added to the archive somehow. They were pretty good, especially the 'power of brofist' one.

This owns and will continue to own for a long, long time.

I'm glad this is here, but I don't like the name change.

But that's only because it reminds me of a British roleplaying webzine I've been waiting for ages to update.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here