Unskippable: Deadly Premonition: Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Too bad this game is actually pretty decent. It definitely appeals to an older demographic (especially with all the references to 80s movies). Escapist should be fair and give this $20 game an honest review.

LordVyreth:
Wow, between the Giant Bomb and this, Deadly Premonition is freaking inescapable among humorous video game websites. As for the graphics, the game's only $20, guys. It's a budget title for a reason. Katamari Damacy's graphics weren't great either.

Finally someone who isn't ragging on the graphics. Just becasue a game looks pretty doesn't make it a good game!

0.o
YOu guys certainly come across some freaky stuff in your line of work.

That looks like such a weird game :/
I loved the 'and now for the crying women holding things up montage' line XD

You nailed it. The symbolism just keeps getting thicker throughout the game.
My favorite game so far this year. Almost out-weirds Twin Peaks which it borrows from and references liberally.
Love it for all it's bizarro ugliness and amazing story. It's the complete story Twin Peaks got cancelled before finishing.
Love it.

I want the Ladybug to come back next week.

Why is everyone crying like babies... looks like a very lame game

"And there goes the most interesting character of this cutscene! fare well, ladybug!"
brilliant, guys;D

I signed up for an account on this bullshit website to say this. That was fucking awesome.

Anyone who laughed at this should check out the Giant Bomb Deadly Premonition Endurance Run: http://www.giantbomb.com/endurance-run-deadly-premonition-part-vj-01/17-2281/

It's basically an Unskippable for the ENTIRE GAME.

I can't wait until next time, when we meet Agent York: batshit insane FBI agent.

These last few games ring no bells whatsoever. Probably didn't see an European release?

Those kids didn't even mind about the dead lady. Creepy kids. And nobody moves their faces. That cut scene was plainly creepy. The lack of graphical stuff made it actually not so scary, comic maybe.

The "don't trip on the three textures" comment was the funniest :)

Oh come on Paul, the sax guy jamming it away was the best part about this cutscene :D

BTW am I the only one who is reminded of the bar scenes in freelancer when listening to the sax in this cutscene?

I can't believe that NO ONE mentioned the "It's dangerous to run around here boys!" bit. Come on, guys, you know your memes better than that.

lodo_bear:
I can't believe that NO ONE mentioned the "It's dangerous to run around here boys!" bit. Come on, guys, you know your memes better than that.

MEEYOW!

srry, every time i see that pic...

I've seen better animations than that on fucking Gmod!

Of course I guess these would be less funny if they were waching good cutscenes.

Good god, that was easily the worst cutscene ever in an episode of Unskippable (as if nobody had said that earlier :P)

I await for part 2 with horror.

So this is a videogame with the plot of Twin Peaks?! With an awful cutscene like this?!

EDIT: according to the critics the cutscenes and the soundtrack are awful. It might be the first time I ever remember to agree with critics. And for once I dont care if its a Xbox exclusive outside of Japan for now.

kogane:
I want the Ladybug to come back next week.

I bet it is the main villain.

i know how they're always like oh no we don't wanna do another cutscene but most of the time it's not that bad really at all
in this case however...oh god no, no more!
lol...it's painful to watch

Jack and Calumon:

MatParker116:
this game believe it or not is only two months old.

Let me Guess... A Wii game?

Calumon: What would give him that idea? >.<

The Wii is the console who's not getting it. It's for PS3 and Xbox which is making me sad yet still fills me with laughter. I read this was a game that could be called a system seller because it make you sell your console after playing it. I was shocked to see this bad graphics, the GameCube and PS2 could do better, this would be expected for the Wii since motion controllers make graphics obsolete (NOT!!!), but this is a mockery of games with good graphics. This was as badly animated as it was boring.

Good thing Unskippable caught this one, because this is gold with their comments. Well done guys.

Still, it was better than Zoids...

What... The... Fuck?

And that was the pre-title sequence? Oh shit, this is gonna be a wild ride.

For me, blond twin kids will never be the same because of Black Lagoon's Hansel and Gretel. Never the same.

WOW! that was amazingly bad.

Is it just me or does the company need to fire it's music guy cause he obviously has no fucking idea what's going on. It's giving me a headache.

Nice job Graham and Paul.

wonkify:
You nailed it. The symbolism just keeps getting thicker throughout the game.
My favorite game so far this year. Almost out-weirds Twin Peaks which it borrows from and references liberally.
Love it for all it's bizarro ugliness and amazing story. It's the complete story Twin Peaks got cancelled before finishing.
Love it.

Well put.

As an example - everything about this cutscene, everything, is absolutely perfect. The estranged, deadbeat delivery coupled with the vacant, almost hauntingly empty surroundings, masked entirely with a cheery "nothing is wrong at all" soundtrack culminates into one of the greatest cutscenes in video game history.

I cannot begin to explain how I feel increasing the audio little by little so that Ms. Oxford's voice slowly becomes inaudible was a phenomenal idea. I absolutely love this game.

Christ, the graphics are only marginally better than House of the Dead 2 O_O

OMG I haven't laughed like that from one of your vids in a while. That was a good one! haha

I loved the "They're not twins, they're just palette swapped! I bet the blue one's weak to fire." bit. If I wind up with a friend or family member with twins or triplets or whatnot, I'm definitely having shirts made up like that.

The cop-slash-bartender in the end cracked me the hell up

Now THIS is more like it! Hilariously bad, with hilarious commentary to go along with it!

aLOT of botox.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or