Escapist News Network: Atari's Gambit

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Bah I hope they add green portals in portal 2 which you use with mouse button 3 or 4... (Does mac mouses have those?)

Irridium:
Nice kameo Kane Russ :P

And sure, maybe you can make 2 portals, but when it comes time for the ubercharge that can win us the game, will you be ready?

I bought a... two-button mouse! Be ready to get your ass ubercharged to the next country man.

Well, when they release it I guess... :(

Nice new intro, funny episode all around.
But in the Atari segment, there was a Atari sign on a stand. This stand had only 2 legs, but to actually stand it should have 3 or more.

That's the funniest I've seen yet, every bit was hysterical.

addeB:
Bah I hope they add green portals in portal 2 which you use with mouse button 3 or 4... (Does mac mouses have those?)

Razor Portal mouse, lets you make 256 different colored portals!!! Coming at this years GDC, a new 16-bit color mouse!

That is a cool idea, though. I think it would break some 2-portal puzzles, but could probably open the doors to lots of new puzzles. I think it would have to be limited to A connects to B and C connects to D and never the twain shall meet or else it would get super confusing, like if it went in a ring - blue shoots you out of orange shoots you out of purple shoots you out of green shoots you into a pit of fire.

Loved the new intro, the Portal "Rant", and the ( and their moms) line in the credits.

Well done....and thank you for no gay references. *shudders*

Call of duty: Space Warfare has just had it's first screen shot leaked!

I always wondered why these news anchors were so angry at games. Now thanks to ENN it's all clear DAMN YOU ET FOR THE ATARI 2600!!!!!!!

I liked the new opening, although I was a bit turned off by the commentary between each news story.

Authoritative and tactile like a good parent... or a good dominatrix.

the_tramp:
I honestly hadn't thought of the two mouse buttons needed for the portals. So how does that work on single button mouses for the macs? Do they need to buy a new one or buy one of those ones where you assign the right side as the right click?

I don't know if this is how Portal does it, but a lot of Mac applications from the one-button era supported right-clicking by letting you hold a key down with a mouse click, if you only had a one-button mouse. I don't know how well that would work in a game though.

Almost every real Mac user I've known bought a non-Apple mouse as a replacement though, at least during the whole one-button era.

Love the new Intro. Great Pictures. The kid holding the help us sign was cute. Somebody Save the Children!

I like how you take short pauses in between stories to comment on them instead of now instead of immediatly continuing on to the next story, a problem I had before was that it was really fast and hard to follow. Anyway good episode didnt really get the whole Atari thing though.

the new opening is awesome.

The closing was awesome.

"this explains... everything..."

I like the new intro the LP2 joke was g a good one

Also loved the Crack at Crytek they have been so big headed lately its been pissing me off, i hope Crysis 2 is a flop just to make them shut the hell up.

lol "help us" kid. nice episode.

Virgil:
Almost every real Mac user I've known bought a non-Apple mouse as a replacement though, at least during the whole one-button era.

Bought a Razer DeathAdder myself. And a Pure Pwnage mousepad. But I obviously don't game on my Mac. I have a Sony VAIO for that. Which I'd like to point out is one of the worst PC experiences on Earth. A single tear falls from a Native-American face each time one is bought.

Mine was given to me.

I AM UNCOMFORTABLE WITH CHANGE!

That said, I like this show an awful lot, so I almost certainly won't stop watching.

PC>MAC. 'cause PC will at least RUN if you ask it.

Also, the mere mention of Atari makes me froth in rage.they have never released a good game, and are holding the rights to blood hostage, despite the fact they will NEVER USE THOSE RIGHTS!!

Did I hear a reference to that "sledgehammer games" segment in one of those Atari jingles? Something about the game being so sledgehammer that you'll get VD?

Kathleen seemed (even) more upbeat than usual.

dont make fun of atari. they invented DLC for a second generation console.

I definitely think having more enthusiasm in the line deliveries would improve this show. It was there in the Mac bit, but some of the others were lacking it. The first headline about the rape game or whatever it was was almost completely deadpan, to the point that I almost dozed off before the punchline. Now I realize it's a parody news show, so you're not supposed to be yelling like Yahtzee, but even other fake news shows like Onion, The Daily Show, and FOX News show some emotion.

Dellusional
Illusional
Illusion

oooohhh I see what you did there...

Great show :P

That was... different. I suppose eNN's been around for a while, and needed to change to avoid getting stale?

love the new format. many moar lulz per minute

I kind of like the new look and feel of ENN. :) Oh, and Graham? Your hair is getting a little unruly there. Been noticing it for weeks now. :)

New intro, new format, Russ playing a part, the return of Paul in a wig...
Lots of fun stuff this week.

Talking about the gaming hand and no mention of... Black and White? :O

Also, does anyone else see the green outline around Jeremy's head? I'd say greenscreen, but I can't think of any reason that they wouldn't do that interview in a corridor somewhere...

the_tramp:
I honestly hadn't thought of the two mouse buttons needed for the portals. So how does that work on single button mouses for the macs? Do they need to buy a new one or buy one of those ones where you assign the right side as the right click?

I've never used a mac, forgive my ignorance.

Since 2005 or so, all Apple mice came with a right mouse button. The mighty mouse (the big white mouse thing after that hockeypuck mouse) has 3 buttons, but it doesn't show on the external casing so it still looks as if it only has one button. The new trackpad mouse is similiar but I haven't used that one. Using a logitech mouse myself for my Mac though.

OT: Am I the only one not liking the new opening? Also the news bit at the start also felt different.. Still liked the Atari and MacPortal segments though :) The kid in the middle of the advertisement came across as rather shy though, or he didnt feel like participating.

This show just keeps getting better and better. Great work, lots of laughs

"Call of Duty Rocks the 80's: Iran Contra Style" Oh my god! I haven't laughed that hard in month. Thanks ENN, good episode.

Grahams defence of the Mac was epic yet and brave, but was boguht down by its shortcoming :0

Loving the new opening and format. More "The headshot" in the future.

Le_Lisra:
Share and enjoy
share and enjoy
Journey through life
With a plastic boy
Or Girl by your side
Let your pal be your guide
And when it breaks down
Or starts to annoy
Or grinds when it moves
And gives you no joy
Cos it's eaten your hat