Critical Miss: #2

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

One must never cross the streams of gaming.

Read Full Article

I would play the shit out of FF13 if it was like that.

And what's up with that? Nearly every JRPG goes into really sappy "power of love and the heart and hope" moments. It's ridiculous, and hard to follow.

Hehehehe, that was a good one, like the last part :D
I wish that could happen in real life... get a My Little Pony game and place it next to as many gory/horror games as possible...

Great second issue!
Methinks FF13 would have been in my 'buy' list if it actually had the mutilating decapitations of Chocobos.
Awesome.

Dear Lord, not the chocobo.

But that would make some damn awesome games out of it. Ruin a whole lot but whatever.

Id love to be able to mix games like that. Pretty cool comic too

Greyfox105:
Hehehehe, that was a good one, like the last part :D
I wish that could happen in real life... get a My Little Pony game and place it next to as many gory/horror games as possible...

I'd mix Fallout 3 and Tetris.

???

Angerwing:
-snip-

???

...How many nukes can you fit into Megaton before Lucas Simms shows you some wasteland justice?
O.o

Alright, that was a good laugh.

But I've gotta point out, what's with the odd little .gif artifacts. The .gif dithering in this case has lead to having our protagonist etched with red polkadots in her hair. And a few other notable artifacts throughout. The effects in the 4th panel seems a bit undeserved by the compression.

I enjoy some JRPG endings, but honestly I have not played one seriously since Wild Arms 2 or Legends of Legia/Dragoon (good times)

Honestly though, that last bit was fricking awesome, I may have ACTUALLY laughed out loud!

I like the punchline. For a bit I thought the joke wouldn't amount to much, but it looks like I've been proven wrong.
Looking forward to the next one.

Greyfox105:

Angerwing:
-snip-

???

...How many nukes can you fit into Megaton before Lucas Simms shows you some wasteland justice?
O.o

V.A.T.S. would totally ruin the dynamic of Tetris. What's the bet you lose karma for putting a square block next to a reverse squiggly?

Lmao! Sazh used "KILLER CHOCOBO ATTACK! RAWR!"

Epic, hehe. If it was like that would I would have been in hysterics

Imagine a hardcore balls-to-the-wall guts'n'gore Final Fantasy. That would be AWESOME! Just the thing to revitalize the stale franchise!

Hah! Now there's a mental image I can get behind

LOVE it. :D
Hmmm, video game Fusion, eh?
*Goes to plant Metal Gear Solid between a copy of Armored Core, and Splinter Cell.*

Quite the generalization there, about JRPG's. I don't like the comic, now.

Fuck You Chocobo! XD

Mehehehehehe. AWESOME. That'd be so funny if FFXIII was like that.

Huh, that would make a much better game.

Calumon: What a combat system on one character, or Quick Timed Events... : /

While I enjoy the joke in concept, God of War's ultra-machismo rage bullshit is just as unpalatable as the super-sappy hope bullshit in a Final Fantasy, it's just a different flavor of the same poorly written drell.

I have been sad all day but this made me lol! Thank you :D

Jaranja:
Quite the generalization there, about JRPG's. I don't like the comic, now.

PedroSteckecilo:
While I enjoy the joke in concept, God of War's ultra-machismo rage bullshit is just as unpalatable as the super-sappy hope bullshit in a Final Fantasy, it's just a different flavor of the same poorly written drell.

I love me some JRPG's, but this is a comic we're talking about here. Taking potshots for the sake of humor is kind of par for course.

As for my own opinion. I think the comic can stand to be a little less vulgar, but I like the jokes so far all the same.

Haha! Thats more or less what I thought when I got to the end of God of War 3.

But cross game fusion you say? If I put a game with some actual personality like Timesplitters next to one of the many cookie-cutter shooters, they may actually become interesting?

I MUST TRY THIS!

*15 minutes later*

No, didn't work. Dammit...

I was actually prepared to whine about how those lazy bastards are reusing the original webcomic pages submitted for the whole competition thing as "new material" as they did with the first one last week.

Strangely enough, it's not the case =/

Although, I guess, the first page kinda had the whole series in a nutshell, so it's natural they released it. Still, could have been 2 pages last week...

On topic: It's okay, I guess. I think I'd prefer that other webcomic about macho guys from various games trying to find "normal" jobs, I liked the art style and the premise much better.

We need to combine Mario and Zelda right this instant.

Billion Backs:
I was actually prepared to whine about how those lazy bastards are reusing the original webcomic pages submitted for the whole competition thing as "new material" as they did with the first one last week.

Strangely enough, it's not the case =/

Although, I guess, the first page kinda had the whole series in a nutshell, so it's natural they released it. Still, could have been 2 pages last week...

SIDE NOTE
Just so you know guys we're not going to be running the rest of the entry strips. We just needed this one to set up the character and give people a clue as to what's going on.

On Friday there'll be a completely new strip never ever seen before. Unless you're me. Or Cory. Or Both. [1]

Hah, these strips are actually really funny. Keep it up! :D

This is why he was the best character in the game.

And he was the smartest because he used guns.

Im liking this series now...

Well, that is one great yet scary concept.
Gee, I have so many different games stacked in the corner, if this was true, it would've been horrendous.

NOT FRANKIE!!!
...Yeah, I named my chocobo's in FF XIII Frankie, what of it?

This is quite funny. Keep 'em up.

Too bad that doesn't happen IRL, because I've had Ninja Gaiden and Shadow of the Colossus sitting next to each other for a while now.

I laughed HARD at the end to this one. This has made my day ten times better. Thank you!

So thats why I was getting a false positive with my Awesome-o-meter, you got to watch out for those leaks. This was a pretty good joke, I always love the concept of "awesome as a substance" being used for humor.

On a side note does anyone else think you could make a great game by combining Packman and Portal?

The concept made me lol but the third panel was a bit too wordy. These things have a lot of promise though.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here