The Escapist Presents: Office Mario Party

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Office Mario Party

The Escapist office shares their Mario memories. For more Mario fun, be sure to check out our Mario Party!

Watch Video

The ending of this video may be my favorite thing we've ever done. Hilarious.

These office clips are great. You wouldn't be looking for an architect to add to the crew would you :)

Awesome video!! Loved the "everyone can relate to your inner plumber". And I think Susan's onto something... A Mario RTS? I'd play that. Hordes of Toads, I can see it now... The "Toad Rush"...
And it was great to see the (partial) lot of you doing the Mario. *joins in and does "the Mario"*

haha, I love these things.

And I would totally play a Mario RTS. Sounds like it could be fun.

Also, it appears its Pac Man's 30'th Birthday, any plans for that?
Go to Google and you can play a mini-pac man game :)

The ending was hilarious!!! heh, I wish we could have fun like that in our office!

In case you folks are keeping score, I believe John Funk does the best Mario. At that point I completely lost it. Hilarious video.

My first Mario game was Mario Bros, we had it on our computer before we got an NES. I guess I'm still beat by Donkey Kong for the earliest Mario game but still.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
In case you folks are keeping score, I believe John Funk does the best Mario. At that point I completely lost it. Hilarious video.

No doubt he has perfected his technique with practice. I was quite impressed by his inclusion of the trademark "Cap'n Lou drunken stumble pose".

I amazed no one suggested a Mario game with time.

Note* I'm well aware there was an educational game that was shitty. Although, just imagine a platformer that let's you travel between the different Mario periods. You could play an old 8-bit level to get some stars or something for the N64.

2nd Note* If you're going to do a Mario "Party", why not play a Mario Party game? The winner gets to write an article on how he won. You did that with Street Fighter 4. Why not a Mario Party game?

Susan Arendt:

Aww you didn't participate in doing the mario!

That ending really was hilarious though.

LeonLethality:

Susan Arendt:

Aww you didn't participate in doing the mario!

That ending really was hilarious though.

How could I possibly top Funk or Tito? I mean, come on.

Great vid! My favorite bit was when the guy walked in on those two ladies doing the Mario (mind out of the gutter). I think it was just before John Funk's attempt. Speaking of which...

Lvl 64 Klutz:

No jive. He nailed it.

This whole Mario celebration is a lot of fun. Well done, Escapist!

I enjoyed that video a lot, nice to put a face to the writing that I've been reading for so long. In response to the Mario FPS there is a Half Life 2 mod where someone remade 1-1, video is here that has a download link attached:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0Yap5iG6o

Haha, everyone doing the Mario was awesome.

Also, I like that guy on the right at around 6 minutes, he starts to walk into the room, seems to go "oh crap a camera" and then quickly leaves.

Oh man, I remember watching that cartoon on TV. LoL! When the end started, I was like, "OMG... The Mario." Fun times. :D Mart Kart 64 was the best though. 4 players and the fights followed.

I never realized it when I'd watch The Super Mario Bros. Super Show as a kid, but the lyrics for The Mario just come down to "How to walk: The Song". The ending for the video was hilarious though.

Hahaha!

That was great guys!
Thanks for doing this and showing it!

And a thumbs up to those of you who were brave enough to "Do the Mario!"
now im gonna have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day....and i am ok with it

Oh and Mr.Funk i just haft to say this.....you have some Awesome Gundams!
:P

Around 6:09 when the man walks through the door had me in tears.

Very well done Escapist team!

What the fuck is 'the Mario', anyway?

Jeez, I knew Funk liked Gundams, but he practically has a forest of them.

Everybody's doing the Mario (well not everyone).

Personally, I think the only way you could pull off a Mario FPS is if you made it in a non-bloody way. Like Super Mario Paintball. Which I would play, BTW.

Ive never watched one of these Escapist team vids, until now. And i must say afew of the girls in the office are really not too harsh on the eyes.

+1 Escapist Girls

Looks like a fun office to work at! Oh, and @SusanArendt, I'm with you... like hell I'm doin' the Mario. Let the Mario dance experts in your office shine. After all, when else are you going to be able to showcase that kind of talent?

You see that dance Funk did at the end? See the groove he's got? You can't fake that kind of funk.

i would so buy a mario RTS. i bought stalin vs martians for petes sake and a mario one can only be better than that

Optimus Hagrid:

I don't know if I'd call it a FOREST...

lweber has an awesome beard.

John Funk:

Optimus Hagrid:

Well, if you were a tiny person standing under them, they would block out the light.
Well... some of the light.
(watches video again)
Well... nevermind

Suzzan is onto something there mario RTS

OH or even better a paper Mario strategy RPG

as for Mario GTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOTESjk8DVA

I LOVE the idea of a Mario RTS.

My favorite Mario game of all time would have to be Paper Mario 2.

Optimus Hagrid:

John Funk:

Optimus Hagrid:

Well, if you were a tiny person standing under them, they would block out the light.
(watches video again)
Well... nevermind

Might I suggest "phalanx," "armada," or "fleet"? :)

John Funk:

Optimus Hagrid:

John Funk:

Optimus Hagrid:

(watches video again)
Well... nevermind

Or perhaps "a plethora" of Gundam.

Ed.:
Suzzan is onto something there as for mario GTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOTESjk8DVA

Ahahah, that's awesome!

John Funk:

I'll try.

*clears throat*

Wow, John Funk has a shitload of Gundam.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here