The Escapist Presents: Office Mario Party

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Damn, Funk, you're right. I did do the most halfassed dance. In my defense, I was doing it as it was being described to me, because I had no idea what the hell it looked like. But now that I know, I can totally impress all the ladies.

Thank you Escapist, now im going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day -_-

Whoa you guys actually have an office, I always thought the escapist office was a myth.

This was filmed in a different dimension wasn't it, where escapist has an office and Microsoft is just a street corner vendor.

Not doing the Mario Susan? You changed man you used to be cool...

Hey Mario, wanna go to da strip club?

Also, I didn't hear any mention of Sunshine. Am dissapoint.

sunpop:

Oh, come now, that's SO not true. I've never been cool. :p

I want John Funk's desk...

Marion RTS would deffinately be something i'd buy.

If I had to design the next Mario game, I'd totally do a FFT/Tactics Ogre/Disgaea-style game. Character classes would be based on various power-ups (like fire flower = black/fire mage), you'd have common troops who would probably be the little mushroom dudes and hero units like Mario and Luigi, and the opponents would be koopa troopas and goombas, with villains like Bowser as occasional special/boss units.

It would be awesome.

...oh, by the way: Cool video, guys. :P

I love these kinds of ofice thingys, and i love mario so that makes a double kill i guess.

best part of the video is @ around 6:00 minutes some guy walks in the back from a door way and then ninja's out of the room as soon as he sees a camera..... hahah!

sprout was so adorable, jus sayin >.>

@Landslide, at risk of sounding like a kissass, that is a magnificent shirt!

Susan Arendt:

sunpop:

Oh, come now, that's SO not true. I've never been cool. :p

All we ask is you try maybe stand in a shadowy area brooding while you work some stuff out.

On a side note would anyone let that man near a child?

If I could design a new Mario...I'd make an open world Mario, that stays within the family friendly parameters. Though Susan's idea of a Mario RTS sounds pretty interesting...Generals could be Mario Bros, Bowser, King Boo, Rosalina (with Lumas and Prankster comets?), and Peach and Daisy could be the forces you have to rescue/save/make survive the onslaught, etc.

Mario has a dance! Somebody tell the kids in the club to do "The Mario'. It could be the next big thing in club dancing. It would also be a step up the from what the kids are already doing in the club.

Funk is the #%^@ing truth.
99.7% pure nerd, no poser no faker no shame... Nobody else would have the nuances of that dance down without some extreme form of practice.

John Funk:

Optimus Hagrid:
What the fuck is 'the Mario', anyway?

Jeez, I knew Funk liked Gundams, but he practically has a forest of them.

I don't know if I'd call it a FOREST...

A grove, perhaps? :P

Right on, Mazroyelle! Dr. Mario is the best!

A Mario FPS where you can jump like crazy and shoot with fireballs... that sounds AWESOME!

Dammit Susan, dance! Dance for us!

Huh. That Mario RTS game actually seems like it could be kinda cool. Toad would finally have a use for once. Maybe.

As soon as I saw people doing 'The Mario' I knew flat out that Mr. Funk would have it nailed.
He just strikes me as the kind of guy who'd have it down.

Brilliant video.

Although I'm surprised there wasn't any 'Mario of War' or 'Lego Mario' Suggestions for the make your own Mario game portion.

Favorite mario game would have to be Mario Kart 64 for N64 or Super Mario RPG legend of seven stars for SNES.

They need to make a Mario MMORPG. I dont know how you could pull it off but would love to see one.

Oh gosh, John Funk is even cuter than in his picture. And are any of you actual Australian? Because there was a definite lack of accents.

Mario RTS = Brilliant. Because I could actually see it happening. So funny!!!

This video just made me so happy, I just can't describe the smile on my face.

Brainst0rm:
Oh gosh, John Funk is even cuter than in his picture. And are any of you actual Australian? Because there was a definite lack of accents.

Aw, I'm flattered.

None of us are Aussie. Our home base is actually in North Carolina :)

Not to say we don't love our Aussies, because we do. We just aren't them.

The end of that video has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while! Especially like the sharp exit at about 6:02 into the video. Come back later! :D

I need to get a more fun job I think, seeing this. There would be no time for such shenanigans in my office, sadly.

John Funk:

Brainst0rm:

Aw, I'm flattered.

None of us are Aussie. Our home base is actually in North Carolina :)

Not to say we don't love our Aussies, because we do. We just aren't them.

Why on earth did I have it in my head the Escapist was Australian? That's so bizarre. I guess because Yahtzee has always sounded more Australian than British, I just assumed...hmm. That's embarrassing. I'll just...slink away now...

For me, it was the 8-bit one.

I believe the first Mario game I played was the original Super Mario Bros on the Arcade before getting my own NES with it. Fun times. As for my favorite, I would say Super Mario Bros. 3 just because it was a challenge to me when I was seven, and it's still a challenge now. I remember a time where me and my two young adults of cousins would just keep hammering away at Mario 3 trying to beat it. No cheats, no hidden warp flutes, no clever ways around the levels, just straight up beat it the old fashioned way. The closest we came was level 3 of the final world until we finally said "screw it" and left it alone. Thirteen years later I have that game on my Wii and I'm stuck on World 5. Dammit I'm getting rusty!

Susan Arendt:
The ending of this video may be my favorite thing we've ever done. Hilarious.

May I just say that your idea of Mario RTS sounds very intresting :D

oh god my Eyes!!!! why god... why would they do the mairo!!!!

John Funk got a bit too into that last section.
But, it was all really funny. Although seeing near all of you wanting to make a violent Mario game was a bit weird.

Does "Landslide" remind anyone else of Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Scotty on the new Star Trek)?

Anyone else find it amusing how people said 'duck hunt' really fast?

No?

Just me then.

Great video but I so want the mario RTS now :-(

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook