LoadingReadyRun: Installation Anxiety 2010

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Installation Anxiety 2010

Linux is the perfect OS, isn't it? This week:
PAUL@lrr:$ fdisk /dev/toaster/

Watch Video

Erm...

Funny as always, but this is just Installation Anxiety again, isn't it? I mean, it's exactly the same.

Is there something I'm missing here? Do tell.

I mean, I'm not complaining, it's still a great episode (my first, actually) but I'm just not actually sure why you're remaking them.

Hah nice.
This weeks stinger was good (like all weeks!)
Now do they call a plumber or an admin?!?

Paul is mad on Linux, but not in the name of Science? For shame.

GoGo Linux! ;)

I hope this is only the first of many 'reshoots' of classic videos, seeing you guys makeover old videos is awesome. :D

great episode, I loved it

It's Installation Anxiety with reversed facial hair! :D

I will call it...the eye patch! Great episode.

Linux is my main operating system because my computer isn't a gaming one. I love it.
Does your desktop become a 3D cube of desktops? Do your windows wobble when you drag them?

Um.. ok.. so now we've seen more or Graham/Kathleen/Alex/cats house, that's cool. And the acting is better, some years later.

But why? I mean its still funny.

Awesome. Almost as good as my personal fav, D-Fer.

I watched that video in a dull state of unease....

I will explain with equations.

Installation Anxiety = Funny (Hi!larious)
Paul = Awesome
Linux = Awesome-r
Remakes = Bad

This leads me to the conclusion (regrettably) that I must act like a fanboy and complain that the original was better... largely dude to the presence of Paul's beard.

I'd be interested to know... why the remake?

I got the feeling that entire episode was made to accommodate the "eye patch" joke.

Great episode.

I loved the episode. It somehow reminds me of my Linux craze a few years ago. :)

Well, I was hoping to see something new this week, but I understand if you were a little too busy to come up with a new concept. Still an excellent video and the quality is indeed better. I do miss Paul's beard though...

Hmm, perhaps its a good thing Sony got rid of the other OS feature after all.

No "No other OS on the PS3" gags? Awww. :(

Wait! Is this a subtle parody of other remakes? Sort of like a it's the same, now it sucks thing? Or am I looking at it too deeply? And what's with all the question marks in my post?

Good as always you cheeky little Canadian comedians you! I understand it's a rehash, but who cares? Still funny!

Calumon@J+C$= That was funny! ^^

Furburt:
Erm...

Funny as always, but this is just Installation Anxiety again, isn't it? I mean, it's exactly the same.

Is there something I'm missing here? Do tell.

I mean, I'm not complaining, it's still a great episode (my first, actually) but I'm just not actually sure why you're remaking them.

I think the script is identical except for the reference to Endless Ocean (not sure what the game was in the first version). I was a little dissapointed when it turned out to be a copy, I was expecting it to at least have some new stuff in there besides the science t-shirt.

Still, it's LRR. And everyone loves LRR.

Adorable.

But you can't install linux on a PS3! ITS MADNESS!.

Installing linux in a person is perfectly feasible though.

So thats how shit gets on the internet :DDD

Hilarious, then again I havent seen the original. The strange thing is you actually can install linux on almost all of those.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done.

I should post this at the Ubuntu and Mint forums....just to see what would happen.....

EDIT:

DamienHell:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good times!

ah, Linux...
As long as your not able to play modern, complex (DX) games: i just dont care about you and no consumer ever will!
works great for everything else though

DamienHell:

Oh I see what you did there...

LRR will always be funny, even though it's a remake and I knew what was coming next, I still laugh at the jokes ;)

Interesting.... not one of my favorites but interesting, I liked the perogies jokes (Cause I love perogies)

I liked the 'File server" jokes too, always love a new take on the potty humour

So he installed Linux in the toilet... well atleast its being used properly like all other Linux. Covered in shit.

The original was way better. They were much less self-conscious about their lines in the original, and more focused on just being funny. But I suppose they had to remake it to justify putting it on the Escapist. Most people don't even know that these guys have their own site with years of videos on it.

EDIT: For the purposes of comparison and to providew evidence for my statements, here is the link to the original. I think that most people will find that all the actors come across as a lot more natural: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/201/Installation-Anxiety

That was the best one they've done so far, especially towards the end.

Thats nothing, I installed Linux on my house. Now it's file server, but you can't go inside any more.

This wasn't funny at all...

I think the original had better delivery of the jokes but the video and sound on the old videos were so bad, some of them need to be redone.

Hey guys, there are people who watched this having never seen the orginial and really quite enjoyed it!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here