LoadingReadyRun: Installation Anxiety 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

The last punchline, that really cracked me up. Funny as always.

Eh. Kinda disappointed.
I was really looking forward to something new, and I kept waiting for a twist which never happened, and that was even more disappointing. I was sitting here, going: "Oooh, I wonder what they'll change! =D"
"Aaaany second now, there's gonna be a funny new joke... =D"
"Reeaaall sooon... =D"
"Here it comes... =D"
"... Okaaaaay. Maybe the stinger will be different... =D"
"...
What?"

Looking through the thread, I guess it makes sense that you guys did this for W00tstock, but I don't see why you couldn't just link it or something...

Just seems like a sort of cop out to me.

Oh well. Your choice.

Anyway.
To those of you who haven't seen LRR's old episodes...
Go. Watch them. Now. Do yourself a favour.
http://www.loadingreadyrun.com
Even if you just click the Random Video button over and over and over and over and over, it'll be worth your time.

Don't care if it was rehash, it was awesome :)

Both versions are pretty good. I think Paul really helps drive it along.

XJ-0461:
No "No other OS on the PS3" gags? Awww. :(

Wait! Is this a subtle parody of other remakes? Sort of like a it's the same, now it sucks thing? Or am I looking at it too deeply? And what's with all the question marks in my post?

God damn you, you posted a link to TV Tropes! My evening is lost! LOST!

So there's a Man Cooking episode on perogies?

DamienHell:
So thats how shit gets on the internet :DDD

Sir, you win the thread!

When I saw that Installation Anxiety was the new video, I was very happy since it's one of my favorites and the second one I ever saw, right behind Three PS3s.

Though it's a remake, I still thought it was very well done. I also second the comment to remake 3 PS3s as well.

This made my day! Great job guys!

Note to self, don't let Paul touch anything

De ja vu, I remember when they done this for LLR back in the day :P

the first one was the first LRR i ever saw :')

...not a lot of love for your long time fans. Good for the johny come latelies I guess.

Well, it's a good skit. It look pretty with all the new equipment and what not, but... is there something I missed? I mean, it's the same skit.

Man Cooking: Perogies perhaps???

YAH! Paul and Linux are back, in HD!

I'm gonna get burn for this but: you know when you explain a joke and it lost what make it funny? That how i felt.

I was waiting for a follow up, where after a Linux sober Paul see another version of linux or a update and fall back again. The gang try to stop him and in the end... i don't know, you put him a lock control on the brain and turn him into a slave.
Paul: "Here your glass of... Attack!!!"
Graham: "Command/excute/bodyshotdown.exe!(Paul fall on the ground unable to move) Now Paul, What were you saying?"
Paul: "Alright, when i remove that script i'll torn your lung out."

Making a remake for new fan is understandable... but your old fan. It like Yahtzee said only less mean. I've been a fan one for a years when i find you and did a full 4 day marathon of lrr and watch ALL THE VIDEOS. To me, that mean won't get to see a lrr video for another week.

Was that whole episode really just a huge set-up for the groan-worthy pun at the end?

XJ-0461:
No "No other OS on the PS3" gags? Awww. :(

Wait! Is this a subtle parody of other remakes? Sort of like a it's the same, now it sucks thing? Or am I looking at it too deeply? And what's with all the question marks in my post?

I hope your right. I don't think they ever did a remake. I won't jinx it by saying what i fear may happen... but now I'm scare as hell.

All manner of Linux up in this bitch!!

Aren't perogies were supposed to be boiled?

haha oh nice a remake

I think y'all should remake "Morgan's Problem" xDDD

All of these comments, DeJa-Vu

I am truly afraid of Linux.

Also, Pierogi are baked or boiled. Silly.

EDIT: Well, I mean you can fry them.....
But it's just not the same.

Furburt:
Erm...

Funny as always, but this is just Installation Anxiety again, isn't it? I mean, it's exactly the same.

Is there something I'm missing here? Do tell.

I mean, I'm not complaining, it's still a great episode (my first, actually) but I'm just not actually sure why you're remaking them.

They remade it. The only reason I could catch it was the difference in the way they said "perogies". This was a good episode and if they had to remake an episode I am glad it was this one but I really would like to know why they remade it.

ucciolord1:

Also, Pierogi are baked or boiled. Silly.

EDIT: Well, I mean you can fry them.....
But it's just not the same.

Well neither is microwaving them!

Hm... It's weird seeing this remade. Some parts are much improved (Graham's vitals failing), but other deliveries are more awkward (the section preceding "you need linux on you").

Not bad, but I'm not certain I want to see classics remade word for word. Re-imaginings of classics might be cool, but this identical remake business... I'm not sure about it.

crudus:

Furburt:
Erm...

Funny as always, but this is just Installation Anxiety again, isn't it? I mean, it's exactly the same.

Is there something I'm missing here? Do tell.

I mean, I'm not complaining, it's still a great episode (my first, actually) but I'm just not actually sure why you're remaking them.

They remade it. The only reason I could catch it was the difference in the way they said "perogies". This was a good episode and if they had to remake an episode I am glad it was this one but I really would like to know why they remade it.

We were invited to attend w00tstock in Portland and Seattle, and needed a video to showcase our work that would play well with a very geeky audience. Since the original was perfect as far as tone and content, but very dated in appearance, we did essentially a shot-for-shot remake.

The result of posting this as a weekly update has been a bit of a learning experience, I guess. For one, I think we underestimated how much of the Escapist audience has watched through our back catalog. We assumed that the overwhelming majority of viewers here wouldn't have seen the original before. Additionally, we've talked to fans on our site about periodically releasing remade versions of old videos as weekly updates, and the response was very favorable... until we actually did it.

At any rate, we aren't planning to make a habit of remaking old videos - this happened to be one that we remade for a very specific purpose, and we decided it was worth releasing (and we still think it was). We may remake a select few other videos in the future, but we have no desire nor plans to make it a regular occurrence.

-m

Matt_LRR:
-snip-

Thank you very much Matt. I figured it was something along those lines. I have no hard feelings for you remaking this video. I think it is one of the few of your videos you can get away with remaking given the circumstances (with out too much ire at least). I am sure the remaking of episodes would be better accepted by your fans if you made them Loading Time updates rather than the regular update.

I found the toilet Linux to be the funniest.

A series of extremely ridiculous jokes culminating in a lame pun? I love you.

''and then I have to teach you how to make MANLY perogies...'' You missed one I think. :P

Best LRR ever.

Loved the first installation. This one seems to have less emotion and feels rushed.

But I did build a file server last year. I shit you not, guess what I did with it.

You can run linux on your car stereo!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or