Critical Miss: #3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Hurr Durr Derp:

Zeeky_Santos:

Hurr Durr Derp:
Meh, still don't particularly care for this webcomic. I'll keep following it for a while to see if it picks up, but I guess it's just not for me.

It's not like I don't already have a list of webcomics to follow, anyway. :P

Perhaps this isn't the best section to be telling others that you don't care for this comment, not because of all this 'no negativity' BS, but because this area is filled with people who like the comic and thus don't give a damn about those who dislike it.

Sorry, I must've missed the "fanboys only" sign coming in.

I'm not bashing the comic or anything, nor am I saying people shouldn't like it. I'm merely expressing my opinion about the feature. I don't see how "I guess it's just not for me" is any less relevant than "zOMG THIS COMIC IS SO AWESOME!"

Agreed, both your "I don't like this comic" and everyone else's "WOOT cool comic!" comments are equally irrelevant.

Back on topic people................wait

Great comic. Honestly never anticipated the prospect of shovelware with Move (don't know why, maybe just hopeful). Guess now I have to board up my windows and ready for the tide of horrible games.

I want to like this.
But this was hardly funny.

i dont understand it...

I'm really loving this comic and its cynical humour.

I'm glad this won the webcomic contest, and glad I have a gaming webcomic to read that is actually funny and comes out twice a week (so sick of CAD)

All I can say:

Lololololololololololololololol, that was just pure win. Epic in every sense. Keep them coming boys, you are making my days bearable!

Heh, love it - and its sadly true - btw, does anyone have a link to the comic's index's for all the 'sunday funnies' as I couldn't see one when I went a-looking.

Zeeky_Santos:

Hurr Durr Derp:
Meh, still don't particularly care for this webcomic. I'll keep following it for a while to see if it picks up, but I guess it's just not for me.

It's not like I don't already have a list of webcomics to follow, anyway. :P

Perhaps this isn't the best section to be telling others that you don't care for this comment, not because of all this 'no negativity' BS, but because this area is filled with people who like the comic and thus don't give a damn about those who dislike it.

Dude, chill - he's not trolling or calling it names - he's just expressing his opinion.

So true.

This comic is off to a great start. Keep it up.

XD I loved it. "Shovelware Clive, more than you can imagine."

So, yeah, I see where this is going - it'll be a really harsh comic.
And that's pretty awesome.

It took me a second to realize it wasn't a character called "Shovelware Clive" which would have been funnier I think.

Eleuthera:

sky14kemea:
Wait.... There was a bear in the background carrying things :0 I think panel two.

I wish to know more about Mr/Ms Bear D:

The bear thing is also in comic no.2, the first two panels

PurpleLeafRave:
Wait...what is that on her shoulder?

I think it's a hamster or gerbil or something, it was in the first (pilot) comic as well.

OT: I'm liking this, keep em coming

Ever played Baldur's gate?
Boo sounds familiar?

On a somewhat related topic... the comic looks much better as a jpg than a gif. The dithering was kinda distracting ("does she have berries in her hair" red dots), an the slight fuzziness you get on line art is barely perceptable.

Oh, and I'm diggin' the comic. It's joining my weekly comics to check. :)

sky14kemea:
Wait.... There was a bear in the background carrying things :0 I think panel two.

Good eye XD

I've never really thought that motion controls would bring in lots of shovelware... but it might. At very least we're going to see developers having first time jitters with the move.

Kiithid:

Ever played Baldur's gate?
Boo sounds familiar?

No and No, but I have just looked it up, and that could well be what they're referring to.

Shovelware Clive? Who's that? Sorry, couden't help it, but thats what I saw when I read that.

Anyway, You can sure's hell bet that i'm looking forward too playing "Motion Control Gimick game 3" on my PS3 once it's motion controller comes out.

Now that was funny!

rembrandtqeinstein:
It took me a second to realize it wasn't a character called "Shovelware Clive" which would have been funnier I think.

What I was thinking too for a moment. Was expecting someone who looks like a used car salesman pushing a wheelbarrow of games with generic or "name brand near-miss" titles.

sky14kemea:

The bear was in #2 as well; you can see its silhouette in the room behind.

However, there appears to be a mole on her shoulder with a hard hat and jacket. I would what he's doing there.

PurpleLeafRave:

That would be her Gerbil/Hampster/I Forget, Suchong.

Doctorpus subjected me to dozens of test strips before you guys got to see the finished products. WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME!?

This is completely true.

shinrigaku:

PurpleLeafRave:

Onyx Oblivion:
Shovelware...

OH GOD!

Imagine Babyz Natal...Imagine Babyz Move...

Nooooo! Imagine Hampsterz...Imagine Horsez...*Shudder*

This is up there with Stolen Pixels, an amazing comic!

Is it completely uncool to write things with "s" as normal? Did I miss something?

Aside from that, I really like this comic and have had some LOL's, which is rare for me and webcomics. Keep up the great work!!

Why yez, it iz totally uncool to zpell any wordz with 's' uzing that zpecific letter.

TsunamiWombat:

PurpleLeafRave:

That would be her Gerbil/Hampster/I Forget, Suchong.

Doctorpus subjected me to dozens of test strips before you guys got to see the finished products. WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME!?

You too, Wombat? I get subjected to no more than three a day, that's the rule in the house. I think I vetoed this one and it seems I was wrong, it "is" funny. Guess my sense of humour sucks. :)

Oh and he keeps telling me it's a hamster, then tonight he tells me it's an exotic rat. I honestly don't think even he knows anymore what Souchong is.

I still say it's a hamster. :)

Bring on the shovelware!!

I'm actually kinda curious as to the inconsistency regarding filetype. #2 was a gif, and had poor colouring & dithering.
Textbox colour changed from the 1st to second comic.

It doesn't really affect the comic's ability to pull through the jokes but I am quite concerned about the comic changing so rapidly.
They had a bit of time to refine it all before release.

The comic has some expectations, I wish it great success in meeting those expectations.

However, if it carries along it's current line of shoving punchlines or gags in people's faces I don't feel I'd become a regular reader. I prefer comics with a slightly more clever tone, where the reader gets a chance to realise the funny in their own mind. That's just my preference and opinion.

Hopefully for my sake it's just the comic trying to find it's feet.

To clear up the confusion Suchong is actually a fancy rat and has always been thus. Though considering the slew of things I've managed to screw up so far I wouldn't be suprised if Cory thinks he's a badger or something.

Funny set up, but the art is a bit inconsistent...

Loved this issue. It's one of the few webcomics that genuinely made laugh when I read them. Keep up the great work!

As for the bear and the rat, I wonder if they could be this webcomic's Lost-style mystery? I'd like that. Just throw them up randomly every now and then.

What is this I don't even

PurpleLeafRave:

The imagine series is an actual series. They're terrible games that people would only buy if they had no idea what a good game is. Hence the Z's. Seems like the audience it is for would use that wording.

I mean...Imagine Fashion model? C'mon!

Wouldnt you mean Imagine Fashion Modelzzzz!?!?!?

heh

It took me a few re-reads to get the "Shovelware Clive." line.
Finally, I realized it should read, "Shovelware, Clive."

For the love of God, and the survival of humanity, use commas where appropriate!!,!

Netrosis:
I'm actually kinda curious as to the inconsistency regarding filetype. #2 was a gif, and had poor colouring & dithering.
Textbox colour changed from the 1st to second comic.

It doesn't really affect the comic's ability to pull through the jokes but I am quite concerned about the comic changing so rapidly.
They had a bit of time to refine it all before release.

The comic has some expectations, I wish it great success in meeting those expectations.

However, if it carries along it's current line of shoving punchlines or gags in people's faces I don't feel I'd become a regular reader. I prefer comics with a slightly more clever tone, where the reader gets a chance to realise the funny in their own mind. That's just my preference and opinion.

Hopefully for my sake it's just the comic trying to find it's feet.

We are still trying to find our feet and since the first (#1) comic we have changed a lot. We did come up with the concept in under a month and we have made some changes. This is my first time working on a comic and I realize my art is inconsistent but we have been making these for a couple months now and I am slowly getting the hang of it. Thank you for sticking with us!! We hope to meet these expectations.

And right now Suchong is an ambiguous rodent, constantly vaguely changing his own anatomy until the time he is comfortable with myself as an artist.

One thing that occured to me about why I don't think much of this webcomic yet is that I'm having a really hard time placing her character (I can't even remember her name).

I mean, part of that is that I haven't seen enough episodes, so I haven't been introduced to all the players yet (Note to the creators; ever thought of providing a character sheet?). But another part is that her character isn't really coming through. Apart from the fact that she moans about being a journalist a bit, she lacks any obvious qualities/characteristics.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here