Critical Miss: #3

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Hmmmm, informative and entertaining.

Me likey :D

Can't wait to see more of this soon... :)

I don't really get it.

I get the point, and I think I get what's supposed to be the punchline. I just don't see the humor in it. The inconsistencies in the art-style and lack of... well, character from the main character don't really help either.

I think it's just not for me, sorry. I want to like it, but it's just not doing it for me.

theaceplaya:
Hah well done. So sad but so true. I remember back in the day when the Nintendo Seal of Quality actually stood for something.

You act like they just now started putting the Nintendo Seal of Quality on bad games. They have been slapping that sucker on bad games since the NES. It is just there to show which games Nintendo let release on the console and the unlicensed stuff people made back when games were easy and cheap to make which didn't have the seal. The Nintendo Seal never meant that the game in question was good. It meant Nintendo authorized the game for use on their console regardless of whether it was actually fun to play. If you want a Seal of Quality, make sure it is developed by Nintendo.

Is it just me or does she have absolutely massive mutton chops? Seriously, Lincoln would be in awe of those things.

MelasZepheos:
Is it just me or does she have absolutely massive mutton chops? Seriously, Lincoln would be in awe of those things.

Don't dis the peyot.:)

foxyexplosion:
We are still trying to find our feet and since the first (#1) comic we have changed a lot. We did come up with the concept in under a month and we have made some changes. This is my first time working on a comic and I realize my art is inconsistent but we have been making these for a couple months now and I am slowly getting the hang of it.

Is the post-Out of Tens vanishing of the irises part of the change? Just curious - it's a small change, but it was enough that now I keep getting a craving to read second-year Penny Arcade comics.

Jeronus:

theaceplaya:
Hah well done. So sad but so true. I remember back in the day when the Nintendo Seal of Quality actually stood for something.

You act like they just now started putting the Nintendo Seal of Quality on bad games. They have been slapping that sucker on bad games since the NES. It is just there to show which games Nintendo let release on the console and the unlicensed stuff people made back when games were easy and cheap to make which didn't have the seal. The Nintendo Seal never meant that the game in question was good. It meant Nintendo authorized the game for use on their console regardless of whether it was actually fun to play. If you want a Seal of Quality, make sure it is developed by Nintendo.

Good point. Props.

Formica Archonis:

foxyexplosion:
We are still trying to find our feet and since the first (#1) comic we have changed a lot. We did come up with the concept in under a month and we have made some changes. This is my first time working on a comic and I realize my art is inconsistent but we have been making these for a couple months now and I am slowly getting the hang of it.

Is the post-Out of Tens vanishing of the irises part of the change? Just curious - it's a small change, but it was enough that now I keep getting a craving to read second-year Penny Arcade comics.

Actually yea, it was a change we decided on that we actually modeled after early penny arcade stuff... The eyes I usually draw (which are different even from the original strips, those too are a naive and early attempt to be more expressive) were decided to be too un-expressive for a webcomic like this so I'm working on my eyes and have developed more of a style that should be noticeable in the weeks to come. Just don't expect anything too immediate seeing as how currently we are viewing into the past

ah yes, it is aptly named.

foxyexplosion:
Actually yea, it was a change we decided on that we actually modeled after early penny arcade stuff... The eyes I usually draw (which are different even from the original strips, those too are a naive and early attempt to be more expressive) were decided to be too un-expressive for a webcomic like this so I'm working on my eyes and have developed more of a style that should be noticeable in the weeks to come. Just don't expect anything too immediate seeing as how currently we are viewing into the past

Interesting. Roughly what kind of buffer do you guys have going? (Assuming that's not some sort of internal thing you can't answer.)

Also, you mentioned your own style being rather different. Any examples you'd care to point at?

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

i actually think this comic is ok...but i still prefer "Manly men doing manly things" comic. is still read it on deviant art.

Formica Archonis:

Interesting. Roughly what kind of buffer do you guys have going? (Assuming that's not some sort of internal thing you can't answer.)

Also, you mentioned your own style being rather different. Any examples you'd care to point at?

Meh, its not such a big deal, we have a month or so of strips stocked up, but given that this is my first comic I feel like there has been a fair deal of improvement as I am actually working on art things day by day rather than just as a hobby.

Its not like my usual style is drastically different or anything, I usually just use very plain eyes that seem to me to be more realistic. Unfortunately I do not have many examples since this has been a painful year without a scanner and the best i can do is forward you to some old deviantart work that is close in style (though is painful to look at now)

http://r4nd0mpunk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1th9s9
http://r4nd0mpunk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d18j43i
http://r4nd0mpunk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d11hg8y
http://r4nd0mpunk.deviantart.com/#/d2qkipg (new but pictures with a camera :/)

foxyexplosion:
Meh, its not such a big deal, we have a month or so of strips stocked up, but given that this is my first comic I feel like there has been a fair deal of improvement as I am actually working on art things day by day rather than just as a hobby.

Baptism by fire?:)

foxyexplosion:
Its not like my usual style is drastically different or anything, I usually just use very plain eyes that seem to me to be more realistic. Unfortunately I do not have many examples since this has been a painful year without a scanner

Love my flatbed. Old, but it's come in REALLY handy at times.

foxyexplosion:
and the best i can do is forward you to some old deviantart work that is close in style (though is painful to look at now)

http://r4nd0mpunk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1th9s9
http://r4nd0mpunk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d18j43i
http://r4nd0mpunk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d11hg8y
http://r4nd0mpunk.deviantart.com/#/d2qkipg (new but pictures with a camera :/)

Neat! Yeah, I can see some of the similarities... and differences. Rather enlightening, actually. Thanks for posting the info!

Formica Archonis:
Baptism by fire?:)

haha yea pretty much

Formica Archonis:
Neat! Yeah, I can see some of the similarities... and differences. Rather enlightening, actually. Thanks for posting the info!

It was no problemo, my DA isn't great but it's always cool when people take an interest :)

i dont get the joke with shovelware...someone explain,...pls...

Azmael Silverlance:
i dont get the joke with shovelware...someone explain,...pls...

The joke is that motion controls mean loads of crap games. It's due to the Wii's impressive library of crap and the fact that most gamers have amemory that make goldfish look like savants - the most popular console is the one that gets the shovelware, so the PS3 is safe.

Oh...oh no. That thought never even crossed my mind - that Sony might go the way of Nintendo. Develop a quality seal that actually MEANS something! STAT!!!

Wait O.o... on the first Panel, is that a Gerbil wearing a backpack and safety-helmet sitting on her shoulder o.O!?

LOL, Ha! amazing :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or