Critical Miss: #4

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

that was damn funny!

Abedeus:

DTWolfwood:
best to not have continuations from previous strip <.<

Love the ones that won the contest. but not so much these new ones t.t

Well, the #3 was good. #4 was pretty unfunny, as opposed to the second contest strip. I WANT IT BAAAACK!!

Also, background action reminds me of old Scrooge McDuck comics, where there would be so much going on on every panel, you usually had to read the dialogs, then look for animals or other characters in funny situations, poses, or doing other hilarious stuff that isn't relevant to plot. Hamster on parachute - awesome.

Heh. You made me notice it. Thanks.

Hurr Durr Derp:
The girl's B^U face in the last panel is an accurate summary of my feelings towards the strip.

Are you on the same boat of people that have to have a solid visible punchline to enjoy a comic?

99% of gamers on a couch comics have that, I'm sure I could pick one out for you -.-

Penny Arcade this is not. Still, it's not terrible either.

The writing I mean. The art IS awful.

You had me laughing in panel one when she Indana Jonse'd out of a lead 50's fridge :P

Roboto:

Hurr Durr Derp:
The girl's B^U face in the last panel is an accurate summary of my feelings towards the strip.

Are you on the same boat of people that have to have a solid visible punchline to enjoy a comic?

99% of gamers on a couch comics have that, I'm sure I could pick one out for you -.-

It's not about visual gags, it's about unfunny jokes and bad writing. If this is the kind of thing you enjoy, good for you. But please don't go assuming that just because someone thinks any particular strip sucks it's because it's not similar enough to other gaming comics. If anything, it's too much like other gaming comics. Perhaps the setting is at least vaguely original, but that's pretty much it. This particular strip reaches Tim Buckley levels of badness, hence my B^U remark (also because that's what her face looks like in the last panel).

Littaly:
Man, you missed an opportunity for a CSI Miami gag.

Hahaha, dammit, so true!

Brotherofwill:
Wow, didn't expect a bit of ultra-violence from this comic. This think the punchlines aren't strong enough. Visual humour is getting there (Nice Just Cause 2 hamster).

How perceptive of you. Made the comic better. I thank you.

Littaly:

It looks like Clive...

*Puts on shades*

Put some thought into that game.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Great... I start up a blog at the beginning of this month with the name Critical Miss, post a link on The Escapist forum, and surprise, a couple of weeks later I notice that there's a new webcomic posted with the same name. Not claiming infringement at all, since it's not exactly the most original name ever, but... talk about taking the wind out of my sails.

Bad puns and dark humor? Awesome.

I love this commic and the author's sense of humor. This is a great addition to the Escapist.

Nimbus:
Vice Versa? I don't get it.

He put more thought into this title than the developers ever did.

Vice Versa

The developers put more title into his thoughts than he ever did.
(because there is a logo wedged into his brain)

Wait, the female is in the fridge but is alive, while the male is outside the fridge but has been gruesomely killed? What kind of messed-up comic is this? :)

That was so wrong....yet...i cant.....stop....laughing...

PFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Nice one, keep it up!

Nice. I like this comic. Next weeks should be cool.

Roboto:

Hurr Durr Derp:

Keep in mind that the second strip is gamers on a couch.

Wow, are you sure Erin isn't Maltese? Cos that's EXACTLY the type of politically incorrect crap we come out with all the time.

and it's still awesome ;)

zombie711:
what is the name of the main character?

I can't remember either. I'm used to the old days, when comics had the main character's name in the title (like Desperate Dan). But then comics in those days were funny too. Maybe I'll stop coming back each week to complain about this comic, but then all we'd end up with is a thread full of blazing compliments.

If something wasn't worth their time, I think people are less inclined to comment at all, as opposed to those who think something is really great/absolutely terrible. I wish they did comment. It is far more helpful.

Sir Kemper:

Littaly:

It looks like Clive...

*Puts on shades*

Put some thought into that game.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Way to phrase the joke, better than the comic ever did.

maninahat:

zombie711:
what is the name of the main character?

I can't remember either. I'm used to the old days, when comics had the main character's name in the title (like Desperate Dan). But then comics in those days were funny too. Maybe I'll stop coming back each week to complain about this comic, but then all we'd end up with is a thread full of blazing compliments.

Please don't. We couldn't get by without the extra page views you provide.

That was a tragic loss of a great fishing simulator. Rapala Pro Fishing Move Edition, you will be missed.

Oh, uh, it sucks for redshirt guy as well. Who wants a donut?

I read his and enjoy it.

Referring to other people's work as vomit, though, I do not enjoy. Constructive critisism goes a long way further than comparing it to stomach acid with bits of chewed muffin in it.

The Random One:
That was a tragic loss of a great fishing simulator. Rapala Pro Fishing Move Edition, you will be missed.

Oh, uh, it sucks for redshirt guy as well. Who wants a donut?

I do! But not one of the shiny ones. Too crunchy.

DTWolfwood:
best to not have continuations from previous strip <.<

Plenty of comics have an on-going story to them, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes the story is very obvious, and other times it's a more subtle story. On top of that, EVERY comic (save for single-panel comics) has times when it continues from the last comic for a brief while before going back to just random events. One comic I read seems to have one on-going story per week, then it starts over with something else on Monday and keeps to that theme for the week, with the Sunday comic just being some random event.

But I digress. It's too early in the cycle to say if this comic will have a continuous story or not, but I doubt it will. I mean, the first two comics were fairly separate from 3 and 4.

Must have been the Snakehead Edition.

I meh'ed on this one. I appreciate the effort... but I think you may have used too many words. Could have ended it on the third panel... or you could have just let the guy embrace Clive crying until he remembers that they took a life insurance policy on him.

I just can't laugh at this one, not sure if I'd laugh at my examples either. They're pretty poor.

Question: Is Clive the equivalent of a Red Shirt?

Wow, that had to hurt...

Anyway, bad puns are AWESOME!!!

Pleassseee tell me that was an Indiana Jones reference, because it just made my day.

Could you please put more effort into introducing the recurring characters?

At this point, the titular Miss and "That Fat Guy She Apparently Works With Why Not" aside, I'm having a lot of trouble recognising the characters. I realise they're simply a vehicle for jokes and situational humour, but it would be nice to have some justification and context for these sequences. Interweaving a little exposition occasionally should be enough to help people remember Erin's name at least.

It's official. I fucking love this comic.

Just my opinion, but for me this comic sucked. Pointlessly violent, although the art was great, as usual.

I appreciate dark humor, but for me this lacked creativity and thus left me seeing it as more tasteless than anything. Still, looking for more from this strip, I love this type of art style! Just hoping the jokes get better as it moves on...

Rawr, these webcomics are gaining so much potential. Always living up my boring ass days!

As long as there's dark humour in it, I support!

I wouldn't be entirely adverse to dropping the current comic idea and going with something that had two concurrent story lines, the second with a heavy focus on the Rico-hamster. Something like Perry the Platypus in "Phineas and Ferb" would be neat, as the Hamster has been the best part of the comics so far.

- Tir

i like this comic...can this be a of the sunday funny?

I must say a liked it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or