Unskippable: Deadly Premonition: Part 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

the last line was great

Mydnyght:
"Wait, if Zach isn't the cigarette, and the car's destroyed, is Zach... Is he talking to his penis!?"

Hell of a way to end an Unskippable, Paul. Good explanation, too, I can't think of anything else that could be Zach.

At least you guys don't have to put up with this old-looking-but-really-new game anymore.

I was introduced to this game when it had just come out when watching someone play it on their webcam. I offered the theory that Zach the imaginary friend is actually YOU, the player! Mind-blowing, yes?

This isn't an old game? This looks worse than FFX... which came out nine years ago! I could have believed that this came out on the PS1! I went to check, this isn't even a late release on a last-gen system. This game is for the glorious shiny Xbox 360. Amazing.

LeonLethality:
Anyone notice there was a "/" right after a question mark in the subtitles? Geeze this looks like a VERY low quality game.

From what I hear the game had a large bugdet but was developed to be so bad it's good (mission accoplished). The rest of the money meant for the game was used to buy gum

Launched at twenty dollars? Really? Blimey.

It looks absolutely awful. I must buy it and berate it for myself.

Usually cutscenes that bad make for equally terrible riffs, but this was a hoot! Well done, Graham and Paul.

I'm fairly certain this isn't a game at all... Surely it's just a movie with a really complex interactive menu? (Maybe the menu isn't even that complex, since I haven't seen any of the actual gameplay of this...)

As usual though, an awesome Unskippable - and those twins are totally going to haunt my nightmares with threats of never-ending cutscenes...

Ah the continuation of "Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on?!".

Strange murder - check
Strange people on the country-side - check
Strange FBI agent - check

Yep its got its consistency that's for sure.

haha, oh god was a crappy cut scene.

Having read the Wikipedia page on it I still haven't a clue what it was all about. One strange game!

The owl noise gag was excellent. Good work again, guys.

ben---neb:
Having read the Wikipedia page on it I still haven't a clue what it was all about. One strange game!

Generally TVTropes is better for stuff of this nature, so long as you don't mind spoilers.

The first time he addressed Zach, I was a bit confused. Then I figured out he had to be talking to either himself or me. It makes a heck of a lot more sense.

My God that was hilarious! The squirrels with monkey noises had me laughing harder than I have in a long time...

Very Special Agent Dale Cooper that guy was not.

Jbird:
I had to pause the video after the Owl-badger. Too funny!

'

This reminds me of Avatar, (the one with the bald kid) it had Turtle-Ducks, Buzzard-Wasps, Platypus-Bears, Koala-Sheep... Owl-Badgers and Squirrel-Monkeys would fit right in!

"Was he talking to his penis?" pretty much floored me.

Though I'm glad I wasn't imagining seeing him put that lit cigarette in his pocket, only to light another other one.

Ori Disciple:
The first cig didn't light guys. hence why he put it away, since it wasn't any use to him at the time.

If it was a dud cig, why would he put it in his pocket, rather than throw it away? Plus, why wouldn't it light?

they spelled feel wrong in the end message

Loved the "And this was the 5th time I died" joke.

I though this was a mid Gamecube title. That was truly the weirdest game cutscene I've ever watched.

ForgottenPr0digy:
what is point of lighting one cig and putting it in your pocket and then light another one?

The cig was wet and wouldn't light so he got another one!

God how I laughed at the monkey noises, and the owl-badger joke.

Is there a school for strange FBI men on drugs with weird facial scars and QTEs for dialog that I don't know about? I demand answers!

Well I demand to know what happens if you fail the dialog QTE! Does his brain melt through his nostrils? I sure hope it does, cause it would hilarious .

...Yeah, the quality of this game's cutscenes has not improved in the one week since we last watched one.

This game looks so bad its good. I kinda want to play this now.

I think York there was talking to one of his multiple personalities.

Wow, for a new game, it sure looks like shit. The graphics bring back painful memories of Turining Point: Fall of Liberty. Glad to see that it still doesn't make a damn lick of sense. They might as well have called this "Twin Peaks the Game." You know because it ma...wait, they made a Twin Peaks game. It's called Alan Wake and it looks a million times better than this horse shit.

And yea, he had to be talking to his penis. Why couldn't he have given it a cool name like "the Ocatagon"?

Decabo:
If it was a dud cig, why would he put it in his pocket, rather than throw it away? Plus, why wouldn't it light?

...because he doesn't like littering?

This game is fuckin' fantastic, I just love it. Even with all the crap for being a budget game, Its worth way more then God of War 3 simply because it tried something new. And, while I'm not going to defend every game that innovates. You've really gotta give Deadly Premonition a serious try. If you can get past lousy graphics and chunky controls. The game has something about it, that just sucks you in. And even then, its story manages to throw you off the killers trail time and time again.

Rakuen:

Decabo:

Considering he just left a burning car in the woods, I doubt it.

It's so weird for me to see them commentating over this. I generally watch Giant Bomb.

This game starts off pretty slow but by the end, it's fucking INTENSE!

canadamus_prime:
I think York there was talking to one of his multiple personalities.

He has just the one.

Teshi:
Very Special Agent Dale Cooper that guy was not.

Man, I love that show. I'm watching it all now.

Jim Grim:
Hey, a video game twin peaks rip off thing...? I still have no idea what sort of game this would be. Like, what do you actually do?

Solve a crime. It's an open-town game. People walk around and do their daily things (which I really like). You go place to place shooting zombie ghosts (yes) and profile things.

Also, it doesn't rip off Twin Peaks because throughout the game it gives references to it: There's a picture of the opening credits waterfall in York's room and other.

Stabby Joe:
Uh... it just keeps getting worse. How cigarettes does this guy go through anyway?

A lot.

Rakuen:

Decabo:

He's a flaming wreckage too late to worry about that.

Wow... that was... creepy. And it didn't make a whole lot of sense either. Who was he talking to anyway? And if this is a fairly recent game, why do the graphics look so... off? And why do the squirrels make monkey noises?!

That last line was totally priceless, by the way.

Decabo:

Ori Disciple:
The first cig didn't light guys. hence why he put it away, since it wasn't any use to him at the time.

Judging from how lumpy it was, I'd say it probably got wet. Maybe he put it in his pocket so it could dry out a bit? I mean, can you do that with tobacco, or is it permanently ruined if you get it wet?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here