Escapist News Network: Who the Hell are You?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Awesome episode as always, but Escapist, what is with making us view that video with such a horribly offensive pink and yellow border? Stop that crap.

I need to import more games from Japan... Great episode guys! Looking forward to seeing Kathleen paddle Graham's balls next week.

semphai= Brother in Japanese for those who dont understand

All hail Imperial Hot!

Hail!!

Wow... umm... yeah... eNN just isn't as good as it used to be.

(Sorry everyone who really enjoys the segment.)

Actually, 'sempai/senpai' stands for an upperclassman, someone above you a grade in school and such,

Muco5681:
semphai= Brother in Japanese for those who dont understand

EDIT: Damn ninjas!

Actually, no, 'sempai' is an honorific given to someone who is your senior (not by age). It doesn't imply any relationship like brotherhood. You might call the captain of your football team 'sempai' for example.

Honorifics and 'keigo', "politeness", are often very hard to translate since they subtly change meaning depending on context and implicit implication (in Japanese you often leave things out that are to be understood implicitly, especially when talking about yourself).

Anyways, if this is the direction ENN wants to take, they should really consider changing the format to a "lifestyle magazine" or talk-show type thing. If it's to be like news, it really should be like broadcast news-- half measures aren't all that funny regardless of the material (which I think is great as ever, btw!)

Why is she always dressing like a sexy grandma?

I think you could get a slogan out of this week's episode:

"ENN: we burn Pokemon".

The important thing is if not for that Lo-Co lady and others like her we'd be experiencing such horrors when we were children.

I particularly liked the Starcraft bit. Graham would be losing twice as hard!

I enjoyed this week's eNN much more than the last few, great job LRR!

I still don't see this supposed change you guys made, seems like the same type of stuff as always (which is a good thing)

and who do I have to complain to to get rid of that anoying purple and yellow banner, after seeing it on zero punctuation I almost didn't watch this suspecting it would return to continue it's rain of terror against by eyeballs.

And so now I know why Wobbuffet makes that weird face all the time... Save some fire for me, Jer. x_x

Also, after the lo-co segment, maybe Graham might want to re-think his desire to lose at Starcraft? Sounds like the consequences could be... Yeah. >_>

And now i cant play Mario Party anymore without thinking that, and thanks for ruining my favorite mini game guys!

Really though, great job.

Hoooly crap. "Zerg Rush" would be such an AWESOME name for a cover band! If I had SC2... man. I would totally use Tom Sawyer as my theme song. Anytime I rushed, that is.

Incidentally, if any videos DO exist on youtube that mashup SC2 and Rush, they are hidden extremely well. :\\

I always wondered hwo they reproduced..

GrahamS:
Who the Hell are You?

A look behind the scenes of a game translation service.

Become a fan on Facebook!

Watch Video

Kathleen, you looked absolutely gorgeous and I must say, that was your best hairflip as of yet! (And you've done some amazing hairflips before, so that counts for something.) I am sure that I speak in name of everyone here: thank you. Yes, thank you.

Completely off topic...

Is it just my imagination, or does the title shot of Kathleen make her look much more chesty... :).

GREAT episode. TERRIBLE ad. Escapist, PLEASE--I don't mind a few advertisements, but if they hurt my eyes, we've got a problem.

I love the way Kathleen says the "we won't be releasing a game until 2012" thing. Awesome!

Ah, Rule 34, Japan corollary: If it's Japanese, there's sex in it.

I won't link to the TV Tropes page, but on the topic of Pokèmon reproduction: Waillord and Skitty are a compatible breeding pair.

Also, I will gladly lose RTSs for money. And I want to hear Zerg Rush. That does sounds like a pretty awesome band name, right up there with Choco-Mog and the Four Crystals.

Every once in a while I watch this series thinking the acting and writing may have improved, and every time I do I am wrong. I think I am officially done giving it a chance :(

marter:
But...but...Pokemon.

My childhood...it's...ruined.

watch doomsday arcade episode 16. it'll make you feel better!

there are some days that i just have to wonder about these guys... then i remember how hilarious it is and move along

Simalacrum:
Good show!

Though, I'm going to be honest, I preferred it when Graham and Kathleen didn't randomly give their own opinions on things... seemed more like a 'realistic' news broadcast when they weren't.

I agree. Still love the show, just loved and looked forward to it more back when it was still relatively dead pan.

The Wii waving comparison was hilarious, extra kudos for the afro :P

ColdStorage:
Jeremy Petter is the best actor from LoadedReadyRun, he's like a Canadian version of Sean Pertwee.

I'll be making a "team Jeremy" clique on this site for those interested, where we shun people who do not like Jeremy Petter, we will also have baking competitions in the form of "cook outs" where the cookie that most likely resembles Jeremy is deemed the winner.

Also Kathleen looked fabulous today, that outfit and necklace combo really suited her to the point she actually looked better then our lord and master with his 5 oclock shadow, Jeremy Petter.

ooh... ooh... I wanna join! Where's the membership application?

EnigmaHarper:

ColdStorage:
Jeremy Petter is the best actor from LoadedReadyRun, he's like a Canadian version of Sean Pertwee.

I'll be making a "team Jeremy" clique on this site for those interested, where we shun people who do not like Jeremy Petter, we will also have baking competitions in the form of "cook outs" where the cookie that most likely resembles Jeremy is deemed the winner.

Also Kathleen looked fabulous today, that outfit and necklace combo really suited her to the point she actually looked better then our lord and master with his 5 oclock shadow, Jeremy Petter.

ooh... ooh... I wanna join! Where's the membership application?

I'll be holding a big fat Jeremy Petter cook off if I'm voted in as Escapist Warchief.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.197431-The-Escapist-WarChief#6393221

Voting isn't open yet but your vote will count!

Ok show of hands who here didn't see the 'we have to get rid of tentacle rape' joke coming from a mile away?

Although I do have to laugh at the thought of tentacle rape happening after every ringout in soul calibur.

Great episode as always, also misleading titles FTW.

Can someone tell me the name of the "LoCop" spokesperson? i find her incredibly attractive.

Tolerant Fanboy:
Ah, Rule 34, Japan corollary: If it's Japanese, there's sex in it.

I won't link to the TV Tropes page, but on the topic of Pokèmon reproduction: Waillord and Skitty are a compatible breeding pair.

Chickenheart, I am not so weak in spirit.

In addition, I want to voice support for those who have a problem with the brief commentary type jabs. The only good one was the Mac Portal thing by Graham, the rest of them are overenthusiastic or rushed, and really clash with what makes the Fake News gag funny, the stoic and deadpan delivery.

whats this Imperial Hot joke that I dont seem to get..

zombie711:
you do know that resident evil was called bio hazzard in japan

Bio Hazard could have a different, even sexual meaning in Japan haha.

Is it just me or did Kathleen seem more animated? I want to hit Graham's balls really hard now, and I wasn't at that meeting either!

If not for the hilariously creepy Lo-Co lady, I would have been dying at Graham's reaction to the comment during the credits. That was awesome, Kathleen.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here