Zero Punctuation: Monster Hunter Tri

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 26 NEXT

i was talking about a refrence he MADE in the review...not the game itself

Daystar Clarion:

Joemaster240:
i loved watching this. FIRST TIME I'VE EVER SEEN A REFERENCE TO another of NINTENDO's MASSIVE franchises that wasn't mario. I think he needs to do so more often because i loved the refrence.

MH is Capcom. Using caps makes you more wrong.

i was talking about a refrence he MADE in the review...not the game itself

Daystar Clarion:
Wow, Yahtzee completely missed the point of the game. Me thinks he didn't play long enough to fight some of the bigger monsters.

I agree... He didn't even get to any of the serious monsters, and the whole friggin point of the game is to hunt with OTHER PEOPLE. Offline mode is just the training wheels for the better stuff.

Frankly, this isn't the type of game that you can take a run-of-the-mill review format with because it's NOT a run-of-the-mill game.

SomethingAmazing:

veyn:
Yeah, if said person playing has ADHD. I mean, they take no less than 2 hours at most. The rest of the game eats up 100+ hours with fun.

2 hours of boring is way too long. A slow start is fine if it is minimized. But keep it to half an hour AT MOST. And that is a stretch. Fuck, 2 hours of fetch quests. Good fucking god.

Like I said. ADHD. 2 hours is worth 100+ hours of good times with friends in my opinion. Kids these days just want that good ol' instant-gratification don't they.
If you're not prepared to learn how to play a game, which the tutorial quests help you with, you're just missing out.

veyn:

SomethingAmazing:

veyn:
Yeah, if said person playing has ADHD. I mean, they take no less than 2 hours at most. The rest of the game eats up 100+ hours with fun.

2 hours of boring is way too long. A slow start is fine if it is minimized. But keep it to half an hour AT MOST. And that is a stretch. Fuck, 2 hours of fetch quests. Good fucking god.

Like I said. ADHD. 2 hours is worth 100+ hours of good times with friends in my opinion. Kids these days just want that good ol' instant-gratification don't they.
If you're not prepared to learn how to play a game, which the tutorial quests help you with, you're just missing out.

Lost Planet 2 has granted me over 100 hours so far of good fun, and it kept its introduction to fifteen minutes long.

Nobody plays a game to tolerate it. When I play a game, I want to have fun. Not slog through boring shit to get to the potentially good shit. Games aren't a fucking job.

You don't have to have 2 hours of boring shit at first to have a long lasting game. Just look at Mass Effect 2, Phantasy Star Online and other great RPGs. Face it, it is a design fault.

I saw a review from Gamespot (I think it was). They said the game was good, but worked best with the gamecube/classic controller, which I found quiet funny. The only game I've seen so far which does this was SSBB (which I still to this day regret buying).

I've also noticed a few "He did not review the multiplayer/online-part of the game." FYI, Yahtzee has countless times said that a game should be able to stand up by the singleplayer part alone. It is a luxury that he even bothers play the game with his friends (coughcough).

Furthermore, if people have seen his FFXIII-review, they remember he only used 5 hours because he believes that a game shouldn't be played for over XX hours just to get to the main part of the game (that and he really can't stand Japanese RPGs).

Last thing: It's his show. If he want to say Halo 3 is a piece of crap, let him. Heck, if you remember the Witcher-review, he didn't even bother play it that much, because it gave him nightmares of playing MMORPGs (while it only was an RPG). And why do you watch this again? To see a reviewer talk about different games' shittiness (which is why we keep watch his show). Didn't he say it was his job at the Orange Box-review (where he couldn't find any bad thing to say about Portal)?

Let the flame begin.

Mazty:

Dreyfuss:

Mazty:
A sh*t game on the wii - oh no, what a surprise....When the adverts don't show the actual game, you know there's something it's trying to hide.

And yet everybody seemed to love Bioshock, Halo 3 and the like. I don't recall those games showing any gameplay in their adverts.

Nope not everyone liked those adverts either...

Btw...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.
Hillarious

HOY MEETS BOY!

So he managed to complete up to quest... 4? Nicely done, really you can get a lot of overview of this game from four quests...

I will admit that it is slow paced starting, and the Lagiacrus' first appearance had me diving into the sea in search of it too, and then I realised it wasn't coming back, not until much much later, so I just went killed all the other big monsters.

Point being that he missed the entire point of the game.

AverageJoe:
Auw, I was hoping for Red Dead Redemption and instead he reviews a game I've never even heard of? Oh well, funny review nonetheless.

Daystar Clarion:
Agreed.
"OMg, yatzee doesn t like it! must be bhad!"

Form your own opinions.

Oh god. I really wish people would stop making this ignorant comment.

Should nobody look at any reviews at all for guidance because they are other peoples opinions? Do you not grasp that reviews can help deciding what may or may not be good about a game before people go and waste their money on it?

You may not agree with Yahtzee and his taste of games, but some people actually do. If you paid attention to his videos you'd find he LIKES a lot of what he critiques. He focuses on the bad points because 'professional' reviewers often do nothing but praise games that are frankly mediocre. And also because focusing on the bad points is obviously more entertaining. That doesn't mean he hates everything, and if you actually listened to his reviews you would be able to see that. This game, it was obvious he hated though (and from the sound of it, for good reason too) Yahtzee's taste in games happen to coincide pretty damn close to my taste in games, with just a few exceptions worth noting, and no other critic or reviewer on the internet has a closer taste in games to mine than Yahtzee does. As a result I watch his videos not just for the humor but also to pay attention to what he says because a lot of his points are very valid to me and may help deciding if I will enjoy a game or not.

I really hate the sound of sucking arse. He didn't 'review' the game at all, that's the point. If he had critiqued the actual game then that's a fair cop to him, but he didn't, he basically reviewed the tutorial level. He put more time into FFXIII and we all know that Yahtzee hates JRPGs, I understand that his opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, and I usually agree with alot of points in his other videos of games I like more than MH, but this one reeks of laziness.

Wow I can't believe people are not going to buy it because Yahtzee hated it. He barely saw what the game had to offer for crying out loud! Its like playing mario kart for one lap on luigi raceway and judging the whole game.

I agree with a lot of the negative aspects but don't treat this as a real review guys... Only you can decide if a game is good or not.

Hunting Monsters sounds like alot of fun, but these games have never sucked me in.

SomethingAmazing:

veyn:

It's not two hours of fetch quests. There is *one* fetch quest that is mandatory on the first rank of hunting, and one quest where you have to kill mostly defenseless monsters. The other quests are either hunting stuff, or not mandatory, and playing through the two mandatory quests, they took all of ten minutes total.

It takes two hours to get to the first big monster, possibly, but only because you either A: do quests that aren't required and B: fight small monsters for the other half (and the intro cutscene). Even then, I can get to the Great Jaggi fight from scratch in an hour, so I dunno what the people who say five hours are smoking, though two hours is reasonable if you are new to the game... which is two hours of mostly hunting actual beasties.

Daystar Clarion:

AverageJoe:
Auw, I was hoping for Red Dead Redemption and instead he reviews a game I've never even heard of? Oh well, funny review nonetheless.

Daystar Clarion:
Agreed.

Form your own opinions.

Should nobody look at any reviews at all for guidance because they are other peoples opinions? Do you not grasp that reviews can help deciding what may or may not be good about a game before people go and waste their money on it?

You may not agree with Yahtzee and his taste of games, but some people actually do. If you paid attention to his videos you'd find he LIKES a lot of what he critiques. He focuses on the bad points because 'professional' reviewers often do nothing but praise games that are frankly mediocre. And also because focusing on the bad points is obviously more entertaining. That doesn't mean he hates everything, and if you actually listened to his reviews you would be able to see that. This game, it was obvious he hated though (and from the sound of it, for good reason too) Yahtzee's taste in games happen to coincide pretty damn close to my taste in games, with just a few exceptions worth noting, and no other critic or reviewer on the internet has a closer taste in games to mine than Yahtzee does. As a result I watch his videos not just for the humor but also to pay attention to what he says because a lot of his points are very valid to me and may help deciding if I will enjoy a game or not.

I really hate the sound of sucking arse. He didn't 'review' the game at all, that's the point. If he had critiqued the actual game then that's a fair cop to him, but he didn't he basically reviewed the tutorial level. He put more time into FFXIII and we all know that Yahtzee hate JRPGs, I understand that his opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, and I usually agree with alot of points in his other videos of games I like more than MH, but this one reeks of laziness.

Hmmm....You know I'm reminded of a game for the wii that trasfered from the Playstation and has you playing as a dog (1, and go around in Feudal Japan (2 and you go around acquiring magic spells that you activate by painting shapes (3.

Just a question... I wonder if he'll ever post a video reviewing that?Hmmmm.....

SkodLife:
I've also noticed a few "He did not review the multiplayer/online-part of the game." FYI, Yahtzee has countless times said that a game should be able to stand up by the singleplayer part alone. It is a luxury that he even bothers play the game with his friends (coughcough).

What does he think of Team Fortress 2 then? I understand that he doesn't like a game for many reasons but no good single player experience is a pretty dumb reason. Especially for games like Street Fighter which is all about multiplayer. But then again that's a game for people who are enthusiast and is unfriendly towards casual players so it may not be a good example.

SomethingAmazing:

veyn:

SomethingAmazing:

veyn:

Lost Planet 2 has granted me over 100 hours so far of good fun, and it kept its introduction to fifteen minutes long.

Nobody plays a game to tolerate it. When I play a game, I want to have fun. Not slog through boring shit to get to the potentially good shit. Games aren't a fucking job.

You don't have to have 2 hours of boring shit at first to have a long lasting game. Just look at Mass Effect 2, Phantasy Star Online and other great RPGs. Face it, it is a design fault.

I enjoyed the first two hours, actually. It wasn't all "Go and mine until you have 10 Iron", or "gather X fireberries". There were also missions where I had to hunt a pack of preadatory dinosaurs. Y'know, ones that put up a fight. Heck, that mission where you get ambushed by the Lagiacrus, I actually freaked out when it showed up. I kinda had the opposite reaction that Yahtzee did: it actually made me too scared to go back into the water until I was sure that it wasn't coming back, because I was not prepared.

Then I fought the first "huge" monster and was all "Whoa. Things just got awesome", 'cause it actually felt like a hunt.

Different tastes, I suppose, or perhaps I'm just cursed with being easy to please (oh no what a terrible thing.)

SomethingAmazing:

veyn:

SomethingAmazing:

veyn:

Well, it may be a fault as you say, but I still think that a measly 2 hours is worth 100+ hours of fun.
Really, when today's gaming audience outright refuses to play a game because it might take more than an hour to get into, I start to feel for the current generation. It's pathetic.

You're missing out, that's all I have to say about that.

AverageJoe:

Daystar Clarion:
Agreed.

Form your own opinions.

You may not agree with Yahtzee and his taste of games, but some people actually do. If you paid attention to his videos you'd find he LIKES a lot of what he critiques. He focuses on the bad points because 'professional' reviewers often do nothing but praise games that are frankly mediocre. And also because focusing on the bad points is obviously more entertaining. That doesn't mean he hates everything, and if you actually listened to his reviews you would be able to see that. This game, it was obvious he hated though (and from the sound of it, for good reason too)

Yahtzee's taste in games happen to coincide pretty damn close to my taste in games, with just a few exceptions worth noting, and no other critic or reviewer on the internet has a closer taste in games to mine than Yahtzee does. As a result I watch his videos not just for the humor but also to pay attention to what he says because a lot of his points are very valid to me and may help deciding if I will enjoy a game or not.

See, here's the problem: Looking at a normal reviewers review for guidance has two positives over ZP:

First one: They've actually played the game. Shocker that would be required for an opinion, but plenty of people have been saying "this game looks like it sucks" even though Yahtzee clearly never even got to the hunting (and compared it to deer hunter, which it is nothing like), so even if it's dumb to form an opinion based on a review that shows no knowledge of the game, people still do.

Secondly: Normal reviewers don't have the whole "If I didn't bring it up, it's probably good" clause hidden away in their side articles. Honestly, that's not so much a problem with this review, since he outright stated he hated the non required first hunter rank fetch quests that he actually played, but in many reviews where people take Yahtzee as the gospel, he complains about minor aspects and goes around to his column to say he liked the game and only pointed out the negative, while still leaving the impression that he hated it on his much more viewed videos.

solidstatemind:

D_987:
Big long snip

Excuse me, but I am not asking anyone to behave "how I wish them to". Perhaps if you took a moment and actually read my statements rather than merely seeing the avatar, making assumptions that I'm a fanboy mindlessly defending Yahtzee, and resorting to ad hominem attacks ('spoilt brat'), you should've quickly realized that I did not excoriate anyone for actually disagreeing with Yahtzee's opinion: I took issue with those that felt that his methodology was wrong. Well that and those QQing about how he's somehow brainwashing people. So, to clarify, I am asking people to not project their expectations and demands for his efforts (such as 'play it longer' or 'play multiplayer') in a way they have no right to, particularly in those aspects which the author has previously stated he is uninterested in pursuing-- and of course, give credit that other posters here might actually have a brain and free will... both of which, I believe, are entirely reasonable attitudes to have.

I read your statements, I just found them to be incredibly vulgar and rude, despite you having little to no reason to act like that. I like how you actually go out of your way to claim I'm "attacking" you for claiming you acted like a "spoilt brat" after some of the rubbish you posted but that's an argument for a different day. I never claimed you were taking issue with those that disagreed with Yahtzee's opinion, but you did take issue with those posting very similar arguments - I don't really see the difference, nor where I posted that you had acted in such a manner. The fact still remains that those people were, for right or wrong, upset, and you act in a pretentious and rude manner for little to no reason. Like I said, I honestly couldn't care less for your reasons, but I do care about your general attitude towards others - it's a public forum, they can ultimately post what they like; the points they made were still valid, regardless whether or not you agree.

It's Zero Punctuation, by Ben 'Yahtzee' Crowshaw. As the creator, he's permitted to determine his methods and parameters as he sees fit. He is not required to abide by anyone's standards but his own. It is up to the viewer to weigh this information when they determine how seriously they take his opinion. (Which, by the way, is 'not very' in my case. I knew he was sizing up this game for vivisection with a chainsaw before he even opened the box, since it's on the Wii, which he loathes. Are you not familar enough with his work to know that? Why should I have to listen to your moaning if that is the case? Again: that's a YOU problem.)

Actually it's a YOU problem. You don't seem to understand my point; I wasn't defending or agreeing with those that posted. I did, however, agree with their right to post what they wanted and saw nothing wrong with it. It was your incredibly aggressive and over-the-top stance that made me post in the first place. YOU need to think before you post; you don't have to "listen to...moaning", but you can't stop people posting what they want; they made valid points and questioned the creators methods; they can do that - like I repeatedly said: it's a public forum.

As far as word of mouth is concerned, while once a long time ago a ZP review may have had an impact, I'm pretty sure that is no longer the case. My friends who aren't into ZP write him off as a curmudgeon, and frankly, most of my friends who watch ZP do as well. We all feel that Metacritic is far more sensible and influential a source for purchasing decisions... which, hey! Isn't that yet another argument as to why it is reasonable to think of ZP as entertainment and not a legitimate review?

Your personal experience does not mirror that of all viewers - I'm sure the site still gains a substantial amount of traffic directly due to Zero Punctuation. As for your final question - not really, after all one could argue that all game reviews are simply for entertainment purposes; in fact, it's a point that has been put forward on this website. The fact still remains (and it's a point you don't seem to have realized) but you claim I missed the point of your post; well you certainly missed the point of mine.

And no, you clearly do not recognize my avatar or my "overly agressive post style"; I am supportive as often as I am critical. And when I am critical, it inevitably involves people being egocentric, myopic, hystronic, illogical, devisive, and/or prejudiced. When this occurs, I do tend to give it to them with both barrels, as I have an extremely low tolerance for people who display those traits.

Actually that's where you're wrong - I do recognize your avatar and post style. You may feel your style is correct; I do not. Maybe because I haven't seen any of your "supportive" posts (nor do I intend to seek them out).

Unfortunately, I have bad news for you: you can't simultaneously tell me that I can't disagree with other peoples opinions and attitudes and then attempt to castigate me for having an opinion and/or an attitude you disagree with.

Ugh, and this confirms 100% you missed the point of my post. I never said you couldn't disagree with people's attitudes or opinions, rather I asked you to be more civil with them, to change your attitude, because ultimately they can post what they want. This isn't about anyone else, nor am I making it so. You are, however, desperately trying to turn it into that. This is not about me saying you have to agree with other peoples opinions and attitudes, this is about me saying you should change yours, because of how aggressive you are in comparison; it's my opinion, not theirs; you can disagree all you want, but keep it civil to a reasonable degree, let people have their opinions rather than swearing at them, especially if they are reasonable, as those were; you may disagree, but they were still reasonable comments from posters, and you acted in an unnecessary manner.

Impluse_101:

Daystar Clarion:

AverageJoe:

Daystar Clarion:
Agreed.

Form your own opinions.

I really hate the sound of sucking arse. He didn't 'review' the game at all, that's the point. If he had critiqued the actual game then that's a fair cop to him, but he didn't he basically reviewed the tutorial level. He put more time into FFXIII and we all know that Yahtzee hate JRPGs, I understand that his opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, and I usually agree with alot of points in his other videos of games I like more than MH, but this one reeks of laziness.

Hmmm....You know I'm reminded of a game for the wii that trasfered onto the pc and has you playing as a dog (1, and go around in Feudal Japan (2 and you go around acquiring magic spells that you activate by painting shapes (3.

Just a question... I wonder if he'll ever post a video reviewing that?Hmmmm.....

I hope he does review Okami, but I can't see it happening. I gladly accept any criticism for something as long as everything is taken into consideration. MH is a little grindy yeah, but if you quit there, then all your going to be able to review is that part.

See, this is why I like the Angry Video Game Nerd more than Yahtzee...
HE ACTUALLY PLAYS THE GAMES.

veyn:

Well, it may be a fault as you say, but I still think that a measly 2 hours is worth 100+ hours of fun.
Really, when today's gaming audience outright refuses to play a game because it might take more than an hour to get into, I start to feel for the current generation. It's pathetic.

Well sorry video games aren't my job.

SomethingAmazing:

That's a tutorial. You know in MW2, where you were shooting targets during the first 5 minutes? Were you having fun? No. Its a tutorial. It teaches you how to play the game.

MW2 has a basic function: Point using this, shoot using this, and crouch using this. Tutorial over. MH Tri has a massive quantity of quest types, combat systems (Ground, water), gathering types (Mining, bug hunting, etc), and different things to generate resources (Farm, fishing boats, free hunting).

The tutorial was functioning as normal, but it has a fuck load of things to explain. Yahtzee didn't even give it enough to experience the game itself. Its as if he went "Oh this is shit" during the first 5 minutes of Halo when you were staring at lights to test the controls. If the tutorial quests weren't there, he'd probably bitch about not knowing what the fuck to do later on.

Yahtzee, just to tl;dr this entire thread....
You almost completely missed the point of the game.

This is the least in depth review you have ever done.

Not that you necessarily have to like the game, but... this was just awful.

You know the sea monster that attacked you?
You are supposed to fight it later on in the game - you're kind of supposed to KEEP PLAYING until you fight larger actual "monsters"... that's where the game BEGINS.

You pretty much stopped halfway to the end of the tutorial.

SomethingAmazing:

How does that make any sense... it's not a "job" to do two tutorial missions (one of which you are actually killing stuff in) that are slightly boring to get to the first big monster fight. It's barely any time at all. You spend more time driving to pick up the game than it takes to get to the part where every required mission is either hunting monsters or capturing monsters.

SomethingAmazing:

veyn:

I now see why the term "casual" is used.

TyrannoTitan:

SomethingAmazing:

That's a tutorial. You know in MW2, where you were shooting targets during the first 5 minutes? Were you having fun? No. Its a tutorial. It teaches you how to play the game.

MW2 has a basic function: Point using this, shoot using this, and crouch using this. Tutorial over. MH Tri has a massive quantity of quest types, combat systems (Ground, water), gathering types (Mining, bug hunting, etc), and different things to generate resources (Farm, fishing boats, free hunting).

The tutorial was functioning as normal, but it has a fuck load of things to explain. Yahtzee didn't even give it enough to experience the game itself. Its as if he went "Oh this is shit" during the first 5 minutes of Halo when you were staring at lights to test the controls. If the tutorial quests weren't there, he'd probably bitch about not knowing what the fuck to do later on.

Yeaaah...I gathered that. That doesn't change how it was too long.

SomethingAmazing:

TyrannoTitan:

SomethingAmazing:

Yeaaah...I gathered that. That doesn't change how it was too long.

It wasn't too long. Everybody saying two hours, or five hours, is exaggerating. It takes one hour to get to your first big monster hunt, less if you ignore the frequently *non mandatory* fetch quest type missions, and to actually hunt monsters, it takes maybe ten minutes for the one fetch quest type mission you have to endure, and maybe another five for the various tutorial parts. If you honestly can't bear 15 minutes of not being entertained, I'm not sure why you would ever leave your laptop to get a game, or bother spending hours on internet arguments.

Nfritzappa:
You do realize Yahtzee's "PC gaming master race" imagery was created out of irony?

Are you aware that there are people who actually believe The Colbert Report is serious?

Or that there are fans of Rei Ayanami?

Or that there are people who find Severus Snape attractive?

You can't always guess the reactions people will have.

milskidasith:

It wasn't too long. Everybody saying two hours, or five hours, is exaggerating. It takes one hour to get to your first big monster hunt, less if you ignore the frequently *non mandatory* fetch quest type missions.

One hour is still way too long.

The average human has an attention span of 20 minutes. If you can't impress them with SOMETHING by that time then there is something fundamentally wrong with your game.

It wasn't too long, if you do the required ones only, it comes to about 20 mins of quests, one of which is the giant monster one,
and by the way, yahtzee, you do know you can replay the quests? If you want to kill the lagiacrus, just redo that quest...

zelda2fanboy:
I don't know, but I think I might finally be in the mood for a grinder. I keep collecting those herbs in Red Dead Redemption, knowing full well they don't do anything. Then again, the idea of frequent load times is off-putting.

I haven't played Tri, but i Have monster hunter on the PSP, and if they're anything alike, Yahtzee was basically on the cusp of suddenly being thrown in the deep end fighting all the huge monsters in the game.

Its one of those games thats REALLY slow at the start, suddenly ramps up the difficulty level, and then feels more like an arcadey *KILLIT KILLIT OH GOD ROLL AWAY OH GOD STAB IT OH GOD its dead....* game than a plot-driven extraordinaire.

As games on the PSP, they're worth it, providing you have friends and the willpower to get through the sludge at the start.

SomethingAmazing:

milskidasith:

It wasn't too long. Everybody saying two hours, or five hours, is exaggerating. It takes one hour to get to your first big monster hunt, less if you ignore the frequently *non mandatory* fetch quest type missions.

The average human has an attention span of 20 minutes. If you can't impress them with SOMETHING by that time then there is something fundamentally wrong with your game.

Not everyone is a gerbil on Red Bull. I'd rather go through a 1 hour tutorial level and actually know what the fuck I'm supposed to do!

SomethingAmazing:

milskidasith:

Please read my post after the edit. It's an hour to get to the boss fight. It's 15 minutes, at best, to get to actually killing monsters.

Also, 89.7% of statistics are made up on the spot, and 99% of people who cite design flaws with games have no clue how game design works, 100% of posts using the old statistics are made up joke are boring, and 30i^3% of posts meta referencing their own jokes get tedious after the first meta reference.

As for the attention span thing: Nobody I know has an attention span that short. If people did, how could they get through eight hours of work, or eight hours of school, or more than twenty minutes of typing up essays? Even further, the amount of time in most action movies when they add the big action scene is an hour in, and that's purely to keep the ADHD teenage male audience from being bored. If movies figure you can take an HOUR of sitting through dialogue before the stereotypical dumb, ADHD male teenager gets bored and wants to hear big explosions, then who the hell can only wait 20 minutes?

Look, I am sure the rest of the game is all fine and dandy.

But not seeing the design flaw of taking an hour or more to introduce a game is unforgivable. Yes, it's a complex game. But you could at least throw in an interesting quest or two.

Yahtzee wasn't impressed, got bored and played something else before it got to the good bits. Which essentially wastes 99% of the game.

milskidasith:

SomethingAmazing:

milskidasith:

Please read my post after the edit. It's an hour to get to the boss fight. It's 15 minutes, at best, to get to actually killing monsters.

Also, 89.7% of statistics are made up on the spot, and 99% of people who cite design flaws with games have no clue how game design works, 100% of posts using the old statistics are made up joke are boring, and 30 pi% of posts meta referencing their own jokes get tedious after the first meta reference.

As for the attention span thing: Nobody I know has an attention span that short. If people did, how could they get through eight hours of work, or eight hours of school, or more than twenty minutes of typing up essays? Even further, the amount of time in most action movies when they add the big action scene is an hour in, and that's purely to keep the ADHD teenage male audience from being bored. If movies figure you can take an HOUR of sitting through dialogue before the stereotypical dumb, ADHD male teenager gets bored and wants to hear big explosions, then who the hell can only wait 20 minutes?

don't generalize like that,
I have ADHD and one of the parts of it is that you are unable to focus on something for too long, but at the same time can be really engrossed into something (eg. I played for over 6 hours before I realised I hadn't eaten, but I can't focus on other things) what you are describing is ADD which is the same but without the insense focus on one subject

Daystar Clarion:

SomethingAmazing:

milskidasith:

Not everyone is a gerbil on Red Bull. I'd rather go through a 1 hour tutorial level and actually know what the fuck I'm supposed to do!

Hammering on that it is a tutorial is missing the point. I've seen good tutorials before that get the point across while still being genuinely interesting.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here